Adding extra Fibe TV boxes without a Bell visit? - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 2017-03-17, 07:38 AM

Can you tell us about your status? I mean how far it turns out "being okay" about the "avoiding Bell visit"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 2017-04-19, 11:25 AM
Rookie

Hi if I buy a used bell HD box can I hook it up to my existing bell hd pvr.

Thanks,
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 2017-04-20, 10:26 AM
Veteran

Yes you can, but before you pay for the box you should call Bell and verify that the box is not a rental or from cancelled account.
You will need MAC number from the box to verify it and the box will have to be removed from previous owner account.

post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 2017-04-21, 02:49 AM
Rookie

Does anyone know if you can hook up a used wireless AT&T U-verse receiver to Fibe? They are the same wireless boxes Bell uses for Fibe TV. I imagine that after adding to your account using the MAC address the AT&T STB would download and install the new Fibe TV software. Plenty of them on eBay for around $20-25 each.
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 2017-04-21, 10:19 AM

^^ The short answer is that it won't work.

Each provider maintains a database of MAC addresses of the boxes they purchased from Arris/Motorola and a box can't be activated unless it is in that database. AT&T boxes can never be activated by another provider.

The reason the boxes are so cheap on eBay is that AT&T doesn't sell STBs, they only rent them. So those boxes are stolen rental units and won't be activated by AT&T or anyone else.
post #51 of 52 (permalink) Old 2017-06-09, 11:31 AM
Rookie

VIP1232 vs VIP1200 vs VIP2202 vs VIP2262 ?

I currently have a Bell Fibe TV receiver and I used to have a 2nd wireless one but I returned it about a year ago because we weren't using it. Now, we need one again and I'm shocked by the $75 charge just for a technician to drop one off. I've been looking at Kijiji but I'm having a hard time figuring out which model will work with my main receiver. Is there any documentation for this?

This is what I've figured out so far:

VIP2262 - this is my main Bell Fibe TV receiver. It is connected with a wire.

VIP2202 - not sure what this model is, or how it would be different from the VIP2262, but it's probably a lesser model that will need to be connected? How is it different from the VIP2262?

VIP1232 - probably a wireless receiver that needs to connect to a wired receiver.

VIP1200 - probably a wireless receiver that needs to connect to a wired receiver. How is this model different from the VIP1232?

Thanks for the help.
post #52 of 52 (permalink) Old 2017-06-09, 12:48 PM
Veteran

You will need wireless receiver VIP 2502 but those are hard to buy brand new. Sometimes one shows up on Kijiji but not to often.
Your other option would be to buy Apple TV 4, it has Bell Fibe app so you can watch live tv, but it does not have all the features yet when comparing to Fibe Tv wireless receiver.
With Apple TV there is no need for a technician so you will not have to pay any installation fee.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in