Fibe TV: When get 3 HD Streams in Montreal? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 2011-09-22, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Fibe TV: When get 3 HD Streams in Montreal?

For more then 2 days I cannot stream more then 2 shows at a time; tried again today and no go;

apparently according to Bell Tech service this is ongoing for a few days; no ETA for solution.

Anyone else experience this; after being added to the master ticket was it resolved for anyone..?

Thks.

PS: terrible this coincides with new shows!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 2011-09-23, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

anyone having the same issues?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 2011-09-23, 08:33 PM

@ainyul, you can watch or record 4 TV streams at once with a maximum of 2 HD streams. Are you trying to stream more than 2 HD channels?

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 2011-09-23, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

^i was trying to record SD streams; not HD.

After calling CSR tech service i was told that there is a general problem and no ETA is available as yet...?!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 2011-09-24, 12:03 AM
Rookie

I'm having the same problem in Toronto. I trying to record 3 shows but the box would only let me record 2 even though tech support (problem resolution team, whatever that means) confirmed that I only had 2 streams going to my house. She said it was a known issue and they were working on it. For the record, first level support is useless and didn't even know there a master ticket on the issue. Her only solution was to try and reboot the box (which would stop my other 2 records).
I'm also still having the Daily Show record problem (but that's a problem for another thread). I sure hope Microsoft and Bell get this fixed soon as it was one of the big selling features for me.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 2011-09-24, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

^still not fixed for me; added the time shifting option as a backup for now but...
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 2011-09-30, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

still limited to 2 streams recorded at once; not 4 as was available earlier..
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 2011-10-03, 12:41 PM

Anyone know when existing clientes will get 3HD streams in Montreal

New installs are getting 3HD/1SD now. I got the service about 6 weeks ago and I am on 2HD/2SD. Existing clients are supposed to get upgraded at some point. Anyone hear when?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 2011-10-04, 01:19 PM

Wow am I glad I installed my OTA gear 2 weeks ago.
Since then, I turned on my Bhell PVR maybe 3 or 4 times, and only to watch recorded content. That would've been a major issue this week-end when Sunday night I was watching football while my wife was watching Family Guy and recording some HBO show. 3 feeds needed right there = impossible. That doesn't count my brother upstairs, who was probably watching/recording something too.

This is the other household's members' problem now. When they also get fed up, I'm ready to pull the plug on Bhell and go 100% OTA. I hope that will happen soon.

I will only miss Monday Night Football, which isn't available OTA and hard to find a reliable online stream. That's it.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 2011-10-04, 10:23 PM

Didn't you know you were getting 4 streams total when you agreed to get Fibe TV? I don't understand your negative tude. It's written on their website, their pamplets. You weren't swindled.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 2011-10-05, 10:13 AM

Actually, no. It's been lies since day 1. I never had a pamphlet BTW, I had to go by what i saw on their web site and what they told me over the phone.

They told me I could have 3 HD STBs and watch 3 different programs no problem. When I complained after, they said "we didn't lie, you may watch 2 HD feeds, and one SD even if it's an HD STB". Easy for them to say that now (play on words), but don't you think they shoul've made that last part clearer, both on their phone conversation AND on their website. I do beleive they've updated their website since, but that's now besides the point. With Vidoétron, each TV had it's OWN PVR, and could watch it's own content without being limited by what other TVs were doing.

Yes, I admit I'm negative, I was lied to! About this, about the programming packages, about the internet plans, billing mistakes over and over, then just when I think after 6 months of calling a few times per month I may see a light at the end of the tunnel, they start making changes to my programming, refusing to grandfather what I already had! Call me negative, but I long for the days where customers weren't taken for granted/taken for idiots. It wasn't so long ago that you could sort things out and find a decent solution with a company representative.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 2011-10-08, 05:15 PM

In all fairness separate pvrs in each tv equates to more pvrs to either purchase or rent. That becomes very expensive. Having a common pvr for the whole house also allows you to watch from the same pool of recordings no matter where you are inside the house. It has it's advantages. But maybe for a house with as many people watching TV, FibeTV wasn't the best match.

When I was called to sign up they clearly said 2 HD and 1 SD. This was 2 months ago. It really depends on who you talk to I guess
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 2011-10-21, 09:29 PM

Now 1SD/3HD

In West Island of Montreal. I rebooted my PVR and I am now on 3HD streams and 1SD stream.

Number of IPTV streams (SD/HD): 1/3
IPTV bandwidth cap: 38457281
Remote Receiver Playback Streams 1SD/2HD

the cap is higher than before. Very happy. I just hope they did not degrade the bitrate to make this happen.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 2011-10-21, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

mine still shows 1 SD and 2 HD;
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 2011-10-31, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

^after many reboots i decided to call tech support to inquire about 1Sd/3HD streams;

apparently they were able to modify at their level and the following day i tried to record 3 HD stream and it worked; in short its not automatic it would seem.!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in