Fibe TV Recording Problems and Discussion - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 85 (permalink) Old 2015-03-31, 06:01 PM
Rookie

I'm not sure, though it always seems to end the recording 31 minutes in, so I thought it was more of a technical problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 85 (permalink) Old 2015-04-01, 05:45 PM

unyubaby, the PVR starts the recording 1 minute early, so it sounds like it is ending exactly on the half-hour. Is it only one program?

Try unplugging the power for the PVR to reset it. If that doesn't fix the problem, it's probably a glitch in the guide data and you should report it to Bell so they can follow up.
post #78 of 85 (permalink) Old 2015-04-01, 05:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dave View Post
unyubaby, the PVR starts the recording 1 minute early, so it sounds like it is ending exactly on the half-hour. Is it only one program?
It's happened about three times so far with a different show on a different channel each time. Always at night too.

post #79 of 85 (permalink) Old 2015-04-01, 08:14 PM

I edited my post to suggest resetting your PVR, but you may have missed that.

Does it happen at the same time every night? It sounds like some 1 hour programs record properly?
post #80 of 85 (permalink) Old 2015-04-03, 01:50 AM
Rookie

Ah, I'll try to reset it when I get the chance.

And no, it only happens every so often, though it does become bothersome.
post #81 of 85 (permalink) Old 2016-03-02, 09:24 PM
Veteran

If this is covered elsewhere, apologies for resurrecting an old thread. Recently I've had issues scheduling recordings when other recordings were already scheduled. For example, I had a show recording at 8-9PM, and two at 10-11PM, yet it would not let me record the game (7:30-10PM). I know there are 4 tuners and I've heard that one would be "reserved" to support pausing live TV on the second box (non-PVR). But I thought that would only happen if that other box was left on. Also, with two shows being recorded at 10, even if a third tuner is used for pausing live TV on the second box, that should still leave one more, no?

I also think there is another issue with the automatic 3-minute padding. If you set up a show to record from 8-9PM it will record to 9:03PM (not sure if I pad by 30 minutes if it will actually pad 33). So if you record a show at 8-9 and another 9-10, you will actually use 2 tuners because of the overlap. Is there any way to disable that?
post #82 of 85 (permalink) Old 2016-05-16, 12:09 PM
Rookie

Not sure if I am having an issue, but I am a new subscriber to fibe tv after leaving Rogers...

We have 3 wireless receivers (one unplugged in a spare bedroom) and one pvr in our house. I am aware that the fibe tv can only show 3 hd feeds and one SD at any one time, I assume this is also the same for recording.

Anyhow, we have several shows set to record so it will be interesting if Tuesdays' season finales actually tape as there will be 2 shows recording at the same time from 9-11. I have the shows set to record anytime, any day, first run only as we don't need to record repeats.

the problem is my mother wanted to watch last nights episode of quantico which was scheduled to record but when we checked the pvr this morning, the pvr was completely empty. The scheduled shows were still listed for recording but nothing that was taped was on the pvr.
post #83 of 85 (permalink) Old 2016-05-16, 03:27 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Quote:
Originally Posted by batkinson001 View Post
I have the shows set to record anytime, any day, first run only as we don't need to record repeats.
As with Rogers, be aware that the "new" or "first run" tags are not always accurate and it may be better for you to record all airings to avoid missing a recording. Then delete duplicates/repeats, depending on the programme/experience.

I realize that if a programme airs many times per day or week, this may not be a good solution, but for programming that only airs once a week, then this is a lot safer than relying on the IPG to be accurate regarding the "first run" tag.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #84 of 85 (permalink) Old 2016-05-16, 03:36 PM
Rookie

I should be able to specify the channel as for example, ncis is on several channels throughout the week but Tuesdays are the new episodes.
post #85 of 85 (permalink) Old 2016-05-17, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batkinson001 View Post
.... Anyhow, we have several shows set to record so it will be interesting if Tuesdays' season finales actually tape as there will be 2 shows recording at the same time from 9-11. I have the shows set to record anytime, any day, first run only as we don't need to record repeats.....
Just go to Scheduled and see if all the shows are there and if any have a red X indicating a conflict where the show was scheduled bu will not be recorded.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in