FibeTV without Internet Add-on? Now Possible (2012.04 - Via Retentions?) - Page 8 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #106 of 208 (permalink) Old 2013-08-15, 01:03 PM

We're getting a bit off-topic, but I just wanted to clarify that in the past Bell did have promos where the PVR was yours to keep after 3 years. The current promo is free rental only and you have to return the PVR once you cancel. The terms of anyone's promo will depend on when they signed up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 208 (permalink) Old 2013-08-15, 03:41 PM
Veteran

Thats what I have. 3 years for the PVR and 3 years of the HD receivers afterwards there your to keep. It should be noted if you get a wireless receiver your contract for your previous receivers becomes void and you loose your receivers according to a CSR I spoke to.

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
post #108 of 208 (permalink) Old 2013-08-15, 10:51 PM

When I switched one of my receivers to wireless only the rental plan I had for the one I switched was nullified. I started a new rental on the wireless unit. The rest of my boxes status stayed as they were when I started. The CSR was confused.

post #109 of 208 (permalink) Old 2013-08-16, 12:19 PM

Quote:
in the past Bell did have promos where the PVR was yours to keep after 3 years
Thanks for the clarification, that should be what I have as they told me to rush and take it because it was going away (december 2012)
post #110 of 208 (permalink) Old 2013-09-22, 10:38 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitra View Post
I pay $82 taxes in, basic, a-la-carte 30, 4 theme packs, tmn bundle, time shifting, pvr and 1 terminal.
No Internet, no phone.
Were you able to get a free PVR without Internet and phone and did you get some other deals like free installation , thanks.
post #111 of 208 (permalink) Old 2013-09-22, 10:54 AM

I have the free PVR for 36 months, at which point it's mine.

Aug 06 RCP loyalty 13.86cr
Aug 06 Save offer 15.00cr

The $15 credit is reduced this year to $10 as they couldn't match it this year, he told me to call back around Christmas and see what new offers they had.

As of November, my bill is going up to $87. I also added another terminal.
The guy I spoke to gave me a $60 one time credit to help off-set the rise in costs this year.

If I move, I have free installation on the move, that was part of the deal when I hooked up, I did moved yearly this year and can confirm that the reinstall was in fact free.

As a side note, not only are the prices going up slightly this year, but any bundle discounts you have have are also going down. I was at a clients house this week, her $9 bundle for 2 services was reduced to $8.
post #112 of 208 (permalink) Old 2013-09-24, 07:29 AM
Veteran

Tried to order fibe tv yesterday and unfortunately they will not install it with out buying their Internet service . Contrary to what they said a day before. I mentioned CRTC dulling but they do not really care.
post #113 of 208 (permalink) Old 2013-09-24, 07:45 AM

The system doesn't completely work without the Internet. The search and video on demand apps appear to use the Internet and I know that the applications such as Weather Network and Galaxy do too. This is possibly why they will allow you to cut it off after you are installed by calling the retentions. You still have internet but you don't pay for it as long as you only use it for the above.
post #114 of 208 (permalink) Old 2013-09-24, 08:24 AM

You can quite easily get FibeTV without the internet, however; this cannot be done during the install/hookup.
After the first billing cycle, you need to call them back and speak to retentions (I've actually had luck with front line recently for some of my clients but YMMV).
Just let them know that, either you don't use the internet or that you've ordered internet from another provider and are not using Bell. That's how I did mine, ordered from another provider, told Bell to but off the internet on day X.

You still have internet with Bell, it's just billed at $0, they do check to make sure there's no usage on the line, they are aware that there is some usage from the boxes, weather etc, but all of those are minimal.
post #115 of 208 (permalink) Old 2013-09-24, 08:48 AM
Veteran

Thanks nitra , you have been very helpful . When I talked to them they said that in order to get free PVR they will have to put me on a two year contract. How will that affect cancellation of the Internet , or do they mean that only fibe tv will be on a contract and not the Internet .
post #116 of 208 (permalink) Old 2013-09-24, 09:50 AM

You will have a 2 year on the TV portion, that's what's tied to the PVR.
post #117 of 208 (permalink) Old 2013-10-13, 01:03 PM
Veteran

By cancelling Internet would I lose any of the features on bell fibe tv like apps .
Also can I turn wifi off on the sagemcom , or it has to be on in order for TV to work.
Thanks.
post #118 of 208 (permalink) Old 2013-10-13, 01:38 PM

1. No.
2. Yes.
post #119 of 208 (permalink) Old 2013-10-13, 01:38 PM
Rookie

I just had FibeTV installed on Friday. I just wanted to add information here about my PVR. I knew about the prior 36 month-to-own not being offered anymore, being replaced by a 60 month-to-own program. Naturally this is just another money grab........ however I was told that under the old 36 month program, the customer owns the unit but the warranty stops. Under the new 60 month deal, customer will own the unit and the PVR warranty continues.

Another thing I just want to add. I am an ex: Bell Satellite customer, and so far I am very pleased with the new Fibe service. My wife and I agree that the picture seems slightly superior to my Bell Satellite picture. Also I find the PVR has far superior features to my 9241 PVR.
post #120 of 208 (permalink) Old 2013-10-13, 05:44 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitra View Post
1. No.
2. Yes.

I have my WIFI turnedoff and it works?
As for the apps I'm not sure about that, if you don't have internet?

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in