post #61 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-07-27, 12:43 PM

That's a very welcome addition.
Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-07-27, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules130 View Post
After my rant yesterday, today I found that Bell Fibe opened the Olympics channels. Channels 1195 - 1199 are Olympics 1 to 5. I hope that later they will air the raw feeds.
So I'm not a fibe customer so can't verify this. But I'm on my Bell satellite system tuned into the commercial-free PPV channel right now for the opening ceremonies. A Bell promo events screen is up indicating that the same channel for opening ceremonies will be available on fibetv on channel 990. Do you guys get this channel...?
post #63 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-07-27, 05:36 PM

I'm on Fibe and just tried tuning to 990 (which is one of the regular Fibe PPV channels), and I can confirm that yes, we apparently do have this option.
It's a bit deceiving as it says it's for rent, however if you select for more info it tells you that you can rent it for 0.01....so 1 cent. I guess since it's PPV they have to have some amount.
I didn't bother to go any further and actually rent it though, as the CTV presentation hasn't actually been showing too many commercials.

So that's good to know, thank you!

post #64 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-07-29, 11:37 AM

Olympic App

So pressing the Interactive now gives me my Apps, including the Olympic app, on the bottom of the screen. The Olympic app looks impressive. But when I looked at the Bell e-mail about it, I was surprised to see the note in finer print at the bottom of the e-mail. Using the app to watch the Olympics incurs Internet usage and quite likely overage charges.

Am I that dumb that I never realized/noticed that Apps like the Weather Channel run up my usage? I don't Tweet, I'm not on the Facebook, so it never occurred to me that the Santa app, as an example, would cost me money.

I also noticed that when I press the Interactive button to show the apps, I get the rotating arrow immediately. Does that mean that I'm incurring Internet usage just to see the list of apps?
post #65 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-07-29, 01:58 PM

Yes you are, but it's not much
post #66 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-07-29, 06:13 PM

From what I understand every apps count for internet usage at some level. If you pick the weather network apps, loading the interface part will count for your internet usage but not the display of the channel itself in the upper right corner. If you pick the galaxie apps, the downloading of the album cover will take some internet usage, but the feed of channel 901 (or whatever youíre listening to) wonít count. Itís like loading one internet page, itís not GB or MB but only KB.

I only have Fibe for 2 weeks, but thatís how I believe things work.
post #67 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-07-29, 10:34 PM

Thumbs up

that's what I understand too
post #68 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-08-05, 12:50 PM

I just had Fibe TV installed and they brought the older model boxes. I asked the technician if he could give me new ones but he said he didn't have them. He told me to call in but I am getting a hard time from customer service.

Is this normal?
post #69 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-08-05, 06:10 PM

^^^
What specific boxes were installed?
post #70 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-08-05, 09:20 PM

3 x 1200 and 1 x 1232.

A manager called me back and stated that the newer 2262 was considered still in testing and that they are experiencing problems with them (he mentioned pixelation issues). He told me to stick with the 1232 for now.
post #71 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-08-05, 09:22 PM

my installation was done and i got all the newer boxes,. the pvr is the 2262, these boxes are alot faster and smoother, also the guide has the channel icons next to the channel number, love it.
post #72 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-08-06, 07:59 AM

The specs on the Bell site states up to 150 hours of HD content. You cannot get that from the 320GB HDD in the 1232. Push back aggressively and get the 2262 or cancel your service.
post #73 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-08-06, 11:46 AM

When I called up yesterday the first CSR was horrible. She had a terrible attitude and told me there was no difference between the boxes. She said "we only switch boxes if there is something technically wrong with them". I said to her that I JUST got Fibe TV installed 10 minutes ago and expected to receive the newer model boxes. I told her I expected to be able to get 150 hours of recording which the old box doesn't do. She said they are the same. So I asked to speak to a supervisor and she chuckled and said fine.

The supervisor was completely different and was very helpful. He said that I could get the newer box but advised against it since they had issues. He told me that I can call back in a month or two and ask again and that he would note it on my account.

I am thinking I may just call back and tell them I want it now since I don't want to go through this again.

Anyone know of pixelation or any other issues with the 2262? I doubt the guy would lie about it.
post #74 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-08-06, 08:34 PM

I got 2202/2262s. Noticed once in a while the picture would pause then continue but I rewind, its perfectly fine in the recording.

Are those Bell techs back to work yet? The instant channel channel isn't working for some channels.
post #75 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-08-06, 09:00 PM

I have the 2202's and the 2262 PVR and I dont have a problem with either of them, "Knock on Wood" with this pixelation thing it is bound to happen no matter with what boxes you have, even rogers cable we used to get pixelation all the time, so things are bound to happen whether it is with the newer boxes or older boxes, but in reality the newer boxes are so much faster when doing things like going to recordings, or switching channels, and I do like the fact that the hard drive is bigger then the older ones. I say you keep trying to get the newer boxes and in reality if your not happy, Im sure they wont complain about giving you the old ones back. I think what is happening is they dont have enough of the newer boxes to accommodate everyone that asks for them, so they are making excuses instead of being upfront about it. I had all 3 new ones when I just got my service installed last week.. don't know why they would give you the older model ones. where do you live? i am in North York, Dufferin and Lawrence don't know if they give those out to specific areas.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in