Fibe TV Rant Thread - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-02-29, 07:11 AM

I have no audio problems at all either, and my PVR volume works correctly (not the problem you've described). Perhaps they are right and the box should be changed. Why not have the tech come to see the problem and swap the box?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-02-29, 07:51 AM

Agreed. I've just switched from Rogers to Fibe and my volume levels (through optical to my AVR) are identical as far as I can tell to what they were with the Bell box. This sounds like a problem with the box.
post #33 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-02-29, 07:22 PM

Hey - I tried, and when hooked up to my AVR by HDMI OR optical, the volume control doesn't do much. When connected direct to the TV by HDMI, it does change the volume level. My AVR might be compensating to bring the sound closer to reference level on the input side.

Regardless - the actual sound output when at max on the PVR sounds fine for me just like the other two folks that posted here.

Do you think maybe you need to adjust your settings on the AVR and/or the Fibe box? I'd just give it a shot and hook the Fibe TV box directly into your TV using HDMI; set the Fibe box to full volume and see how it sounds...assuming your TV has speakers

Panasonic TC32LX60 | Denon AVR890 | Klipsch RB-61 / RC-10 / RW-10D | Motorola VIP 1232 (Bell Fibe)

post #34 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-03-01, 05:08 PM

It's connected directly to HDMI on TV and optical out goes to my AVR. I got louder volume on TV by switching the audio settings to stereo instead of surround in the pvr menu, but that doesn't affect optical out/AVR sound levels except there's no more dolby digital.
post #35 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-03-01, 08:24 PM

Does your AVR have HDMI capability? If so, I'd just run HDMI out from Fibe to your AVR, then from the AVR to your TV.

Have you tried just hooking up the HDMI cable to your TV, and sending it as Digital output (not stereo) to see how it sounds?

Considering you seem to be leaning towards using optical to your AVR, my only thought is the reveiver might not be 100% compatible with the Fibe box.

One thing too - what model is your TV / Reveiver? Might help us figure out what we're dealing with....

Panasonic TC32LX60 | Denon AVR890 | Klipsch RB-61 / RC-10 / RW-10D | Motorola VIP 1232 (Bell Fibe)
post #36 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-03-03, 04:25 PM

I was told if I were to go from Bell Satellite TV to Fibe TV then my Internet would be downgraded from Fibe 25 to Fibe 16 because their new modems can't handle the capacity of both running at the same time right now. I was not told of a future date as of yet when that can change.
post #37 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-03-03, 11:13 PM

Maybe you misunderstood. For customers in Quebec City they can get over 100 mbps with that modem.
post #38 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-03-12, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard View Post
I was told if I were to go from Bell Satellite TV to Fibe TV then my Internet would be downgraded from Fibe 25 to Fibe 16 because their new modems can't handle the capacity of both running at the same time right now. I was not told of a future date as of yet when that can change.
If you're in a Bell Fibe area that is served with FTTN technology you will still technically have a Fibe 25 line profile, however when you max out your TV streams your speed will drop to 16mbps. If all of your TVs are off you will get 25mbps.
post #39 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-03-13, 01:03 PM
Rookie

Watching just 1 HD channel at a time, I'm still getting about 22 mbps downstream. Without any TV signals, I'm getting a fairly consistent 26 mbps
post #40 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-03-13, 08:15 PM
Rookie

Yeah.. Bell Customer service still sucks

When I gave up on Bell 10 years ago, it was due to exceedingly poor customer service.

now, just 7 days into my FibeTV service, I am reminded just how bad their service is. Argh. I called in on 9 march to remove the upload speed upgrade and replace it with the time shifting package. Easy enough. I got a single confirmation email saying that my FibeTV was being modified. I just checked today and noticed that I still have the upload speed upgrade.

And I've been spending over an hour trying to get on the phone. The phone has been answered four times now, each time there's someone on the other end that won't speak and then I get disconnected. This is an impossibly annoying process to get a hold of someone.

is there a grace period to cancel at the start of a contact? Like buyers remorse?
post #41 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-03-22, 01:32 PM
Rookie

BELL Fibe Toronto Complaint

I write for popular TV websites under a pseudonym and Bell Fibe has lied to me and cost me revenue for the past week. I was promised that Bell Fibe would be up running by a certain day so I cancelled my account with their competitor and signed on. On the installation day, no one showed up. I placed several phone calls to customer service and was told my order did not exist. A supervisor finally got on and admitted that my order had not been correctly filled out by them. I was assured that as I need TV for my work, someone would come and install it a few days later. I waited and again no one showed up, even though Bell had left a message on my voicemail confirming that appointment. I called and was put through to the resolution department, who told me they would verify that someone would come later in the afternoon. The person came back on the line after talking to dispatch and announced no one would be coming for another 4 days. She also pretended that was the original order date! I informed Bell Fibe this is costing me revenue but they don’t care.Bell Fibe Toronto have not been honest or professional. I am still waiting for them to actually keep one of their appointments …
post #42 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-03-26, 04:36 PM

Has everyone ever see a few SD channels that get "signal loss..." style message periodically? Only for viewing and not recording a show. These "signal loss" channels also have a HD version that constantly work.
post #43 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-03-28, 10:01 PM

Sound issues

First of all, my neighbors PVR performs exactly like mine. When choosing Stereo in the PVR's audio menu, the TV sound is fairly loud. When I choose Dolby Digital, I lose at least half volume. I had the TSN hockey game tonight at 90 on my tv on a scale of 0-100. I choose Dolby digital so I can have proper surround when i watch movies on showcase, bravo , etc. When watching TV programs with mute activated on TV and my receiver's optical, sound volume is fine. As soon as i start the Galaxie music service, i loose at least 10 - 15db of volume and lose some bass. Most stations on galaxie sound thin and horrible. As for the bell STB volume, If you choose stereo, then incrementing from 0 - 25 has effect on TV volume. Choose Dolby Digital and its 0 = OFF and 1-25 = ON. On a side note, volume between TV stations are all over the place. Example, Score HD is loud and TSN HD is soft. Very disappointed.
post #44 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-03-29, 08:05 AM

I asked in response to one of your other posts above - does your AVR have HDMI capabilities? It would sound as if it does not, and what you're doing is sending DD via HDMI to your TV, as well as an older AVR via optical.

My guess (and it's only a guess), is that your setup / equipment is the cause of the issue. I've got HDMI running from the PVR to the reciever, then HDMI from the receiver to the TV. I've had issues sending DD to older recievers, as well as TV's, as some older equipment just doesn't play well doing the decoding of it.

As for volume being all over the place - I found this the case on Rogers as well. Once I got my new Denon AVR a few years back, it handles all this EXTREMELY well now.

Now - I do have other audio issues - where the sound 'blips' out randomly. It's gotten better with one of the firmware updates, but it still happens. That's a whole different story.

post #45 of 179 (permalink) Old 2012-03-29, 03:03 PM

Hey secotton, my side, equipment is fine and has been fine for years. Don't have HDMI on my receiver and don't really care for it. The problem is the Bell service. If I put an FM antenna on my receiver, the sound quality rises and so does the volume. On my amp, uncomfortable levels of volume are attained with my speakers at -20 db volume setting. As soon as I launch the Galaxie music service, I can max out my amp at 0 db on certain stations and it's still not very loud. Thankfully, the TV stations don't have this problem. Optical out of my dvd player for music, again max -25 db and my room is shaking. Bell's answer to this is, HDMI is not supported and Dolby Digital is not supported. The tech also suggested the red and white audio cables along with the green, red, blue for video. I replied what about Dolby 5.1 for movies you offer and he didn't know what pro logic was, which i would be getting with the red and white cables. i think this was level 2 tech.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in