Bell Fibe TV problems and Complaints - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-13, 07:38 PM
Rookie

Audio stutters

I really hope this problem is finally resolved tomorrow too. I'm in the Beach, not far from the Main C.O. My audio problems have been getting steadily worse since August. The pixelation has also just started in the past few days. I was just about to call tech support, but maybe I will wait a day and cross my fingers. Thanks for the great info!

P.s. Audio gapping out during the leafs game now on TSN... Not cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-14, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

The Bell tech just called and asked me about the problems I'm experiencing. I told him what was happening and that there are a number of us in the Beach area having the same problems and that another tech said there was a problem at our C.O. My tech said the problem at the C.O. affected both TV and internet and if I'm not having internet problems then it's probably something else. The tech should be here to check things out in about 30 minutes.

Any of you having internet problems or is it just your TV?
post #48 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-14, 10:36 AM

My internet has been ok. I wonder if the sound cutouts would even be noticeable using the internet.

I havent tried to download a really big file and see if it hiccups. But i doubt we would be able to notice anything.

post #49 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-14, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Hey pshine, if that was you on the phone with Bell tech Brian, he's at my place right now and seeing a lot of pixelating.
post #50 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-14, 11:55 AM

@Barb G - No, I'm just sitting here watching some freezing and pixelation on CTV HD (1212).
Haven't had a callback today yet.
post #51 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-14, 12:00 PM
Rookie

Slow Internet too

Actually, I have noticed a slow down in Internet speed since posting last night. I used to get crazy speeds up to 22mbps fairly consistently, but now it seems to level off at 4mbps all the time. I should probably call in also so they know how wide spread the problem is. Thanks again for the progress report!
post #52 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-14, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

The Bell tech just left and apparently they are going to replace the 'pass port' at the C.O. this afternoon. He doesn't know exactly when but says we will probably lose the TV service while they're doing this - maybe for 20 minutes. He says last night they tried to repair the pass port but there are still so many service calls in the Beach area for the exact same problems that they're now going to replace this hardware.

Fingers crossed!
post #53 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-14, 12:12 PM

@Barb G - Thanks for the update .... we can only hope.
post #54 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-14, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Just got off the phone with Dave from the C.O. who has been trying to repair the hardware. I was 'monitoring' the situation for him for the last 30 minutes and still had numerous pixilizations, freezing and audio dropouts. So what he's decided to do is replace a card tonight in the middle of the night so as not to affect our service as much. He's going to call me in the morning to see if there's any change. He says he may also call others that are having the same problems.

I guess we wait for one more day....
post #55 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-14, 04:28 PM

AAarrgh... they toy with us :-)

One problem the tech did note was that I had my PS3 attached to the ethernet port on the PVR (VIP1232). He said this was not supported and would cause a failure of the PVR at some point in the future.
He said you can use EITHER the coax connection OR the ethernet connection, not both. (even though it seemed to work fine)
post #56 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-14, 05:01 PM

Wow. You guys are really patient with this issue. I hope Bell will credit your accounts for all the trouble. I hope I never have to deal with these issues (well minus the occasional audio dropout).

Panasonic 50GT30 | Yamaha HTR-6063 | Energy Take Classic 5.1 | Oppo BDP-93 | Illico - 8642HD
post #57 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-14, 07:08 PM

Smile

Just ... think of my happy place....think of my happy place....
post #58 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-14, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshine View Post
Just ... think of my happy place....think of my happy place....
Oh pshine - you just gave me a good belly laugh reading your last post! After all, what else can we do?
post #59 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-14, 08:19 PM
Rookie

I now have the same problem, also in the Beach. I guess I will wait like others. Did speak to a first level tech who ran through the usual resetting of the PVR, etc, reviewing my connection. Not sure it helped as this seems to come and go.

By reading other posts it looks like something will be done tonight. Wait and see...
post #60 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-14, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Got a call from the C.O. at 8:15 pm asking me to monitor for 15 minutes to see if there is still any pixelization. I didn't notice any just a couple of audio dropouts. He said if i see any pixelization again tonight to call him. So despite the fact they were going to replace a card in the middle of the night, it looks like they've continued to work on it.

It's now 8:56 and no pixelization as yet. Once again fingers crossed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in