Bell Fibe TV problems and Complaints - Page 38 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #556 of 717 (permalink) Old 2014-05-24, 08:41 AM

You can unbundle, call, speak to retentions.
It's really an easy process.

I have clients in Ontario and Quebec that only have Fibetv, no issues at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #557 of 717 (permalink) Old 2014-05-24, 10:21 AM
Veteran

If I unbundle I will have to pay $15 rental for PVR and about $40 extra for unlimited Internet 25/10. I have tried but bell would not budge , need home phone to get all the discounts.
I will try again when promotion is over.
post #558 of 717 (permalink) Old 2014-05-24, 05:00 PM

But.... why keep them for the internet?
If you're going to unbundle... there's better options out there.
Swap the phone to Anveo, swap the internet for a 3rd party provider.

Also, when I unbundled, it kept the free pvr.

post #559 of 717 (permalink) Old 2014-05-24, 05:17 PM
Veteran

Right now I pay $52.95 for Internet so it is pretty good deal for now , and if I cancel Internet then I would have to pay rental for the PVR
To have all those savings I need to have home phone that costs me now $15.95 but after a year it will go up to $29.95 and I do not even need it.
After the promotion I will try getting only tv service like I used to have with bell satellite and if it will not be possible I will look for other options like getting another provider , maybe Vmedia or cut the cord once again and just forget about tv subscriptions.

I have a friend who works for canada post and according to him bell fibe tv hardware returns are very high , I guess after promo is over many people just cancel the service and return the hardware.
post #560 of 717 (permalink) Old 2014-05-24, 06:32 PM

More FUD, returns happen with every provider, and just to speak more of it, generally the returns are handled in house by the tech that visits your house to repair the issue.
Not a return mailer from Canada Post.
post #561 of 717 (permalink) Old 2014-05-24, 06:47 PM
Veteran

From my experience any returns to bell are always done through canada post and over the last 20 years I have done quiet few of them. I am talking about returns after the account cancellation.

I also have another friend at work who cancelled his bell fibe tv after few weeks as his wife could not get used to new hardware after being with rogers for probably 20 years.
The funny thing is that he had to return Internet modem and fibe wireless transmitter but bell fibe did not want PVR and wireless receiver back and told him that the hardware belongs to him.
He tried to explain that he never paid for them and would like to return them so bell will not go after him in the future for not returning their equipment , but with no success , and they told him that his account is in clear and nothing is owed to bell fibe.
Is it a common practice or just some kind of mistake by bell fibe tv.
post #562 of 717 (permalink) Old 2014-05-24, 07:09 PM

It takes a few billing cycles for the devices to propagate into the account fully. There's a good possibility that he is in the clear, or... They'll bill him for it in a few months.

He knows it's not paid for, best bet, take it to a corporate store, drop it off and get a receipt for it.
post #563 of 717 (permalink) Old 2014-05-31, 09:51 AM

TV and interet problem in Montreal-Nord

For the past 2 weeks especially around 22:00 the tv screen would give me a message LOST SIGNAL CALL 1-8,,,,,,,,,

Tried everything no dice, switched off than on Router and TV image would come back and after 5 minutes it would go off again, and lose my internet and when internet came back it would be very slow, but after 2 days it would get back to normal speed this happened last week and this week.

On top of that, my phone line went out last Thursday morning, it would ring but no sound. Technician came over, and discovered a faulty piece at the HUB.

Then again this week tv and internet. So technician replaced my White router with the Black router. He told me that bell would have a new router this summer.

He assumed the router was the problem according to his experience.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2014-05-31 at 10:22 AM. Reason: moved to sticky
post #564 of 717 (permalink) Old 2014-05-31, 12:04 PM

Few notes on the new Sagemcom.

Yes, there is a new one that just completed testing.
It's only for "New" installs. It will be made available as an upgrade for existing clients for $199. Current clients that have issues, will be given another Sagemcom, they will not be offered the new modem.

On your signal issue, sounds like a line card issue, if it happens again, make sure you follow it up right away.
post #565 of 717 (permalink) Old 2014-06-02, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bev fan View Post
To have all those savings I need to have home phone that costs me now $15.95 but after a year it will go up to $29.95 and I do not even need it.
Why don't you bundle your cell phone with Bell and do away with the home phone?
post #566 of 717 (permalink) Old 2014-06-02, 03:47 PM
Veteran

I need only tv service from bell , and should not be forced to take other services from bell or pay drastically higher cost if I refuse one of them.
post #567 of 717 (permalink) Old 2014-06-02, 07:06 PM

It's not drastically higher, I've been with Zero-rated and no home phone since the start of my adventure with Bell.

My home phone with Anveo, runs me a maximum of 4/mo. I have cable internet with another provider, overall, the server is less than what I'd pay with Bell, for a lot more.
post #568 of 717 (permalink) Old 2014-06-02, 07:44 PM
Veteran

Question

Question for Nitra & bev fan?

Are you both in the same province? If not perhaps that may explain why your "bundle issues" might be different.

I don't know what Bell rules are for Fibe TV in Quebec or in Ontario fore that fact.

As for returns on Bell Fibe, that I don't know, but on BTV when I switched from BTV to Bell Fibe Bell sent me boxes from Pulator and Pulator dropped off the boxes and I called when I finish packing the BTV receivers up and they came picked up the boxes and no problem didn't have to pay anything for shipping.

I too have a friend at Rogers who works at one of the retail stores and he says Rogers returns are high too not just after promo's but all the time. He also says a lot goes out as well. So for ever receiver that comes in one goes out so it just the same.

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
post #569 of 717 (permalink) Old 2014-06-02, 08:48 PM
Veteran

I live in Ontario. With no phone the Internet cost goes almost double and if I cancel Internet then the PVR cost goes up by $15 plus tax.(rental fee)
I think that good solution would be to get cell phone from bell , so at least I would be paying for something that I actually use.
Once the promo is over I will consider that option.
post #570 of 717 (permalink) Old 2014-06-03, 08:28 AM

You know... once the promo is over, you can call and generally get it added back, generally, they will add something very similar, if not the exact same discounts.

I do this for nearly all my clients, and myself.
During month 11 when the discounts are about to fall off, simply call retentions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in