Bell Fibe TV problems and Complaints - Page 34 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #496 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-11-30, 10:44 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCIBUS2 View Post
For what receiver is this? Because I don't have any of that info? mine says Client version 2.2.28138.6 VIP 2202/2262 receivers
They are referring to the firmware versions on the Sagecom modem, not the PVR/STB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #497 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-11-30, 11:32 AM

Question

How do find out the firmware version? How do get that info? What do you need to do to get it?
post #498 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-11-30, 02:11 PM

Everyone should have the firmware mentioned, it was pushed a few weeks ago, that's why most are having the issue.

post #499 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-11-30, 02:48 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCIBUS2 View Post
How do find out the firmware version? How do get that info? What do you need to do to get it?
Using your browser, open the admin page of you sagecom modem. Likely 192.168.2.1 (default). Login and go to "About Connection Hub"
post #500 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-11-30, 04:02 PM

New firmware is rolling out to the Sagemcom.
post #501 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-11-30, 05:41 PM
Veteran

Curious how you know this and when?
post #502 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-11-30, 05:45 PM

@Larry

Thanks

Not being to good with computers, didn't know how to get into my router.

Didn't touch or change anything as I didfn't want issues, but a few things caught my eye.

1) Network devices section? It was number 2,3,4,5,6, and sometthing else I can't recall/
I don't have 6 receivers only 4 and there not named like that?

2)Network Devices receiver map?
my receivers aren't hooked up the way it shows in the map?

It appears as these where some one else but I know they where brand new when I got them(rent to own 3 year contract)

There was tons of stuff as went thru each of the sections didn't have clue what the heck it was saying!!

There was another section "Games & Something?? don't remember" It had a list where you could scroll thru tons of games? Whats that all about. I don't see anywhere on my Bell Fibe menu where you can play games?

Found the info I was looking for?

Firmware version: FAST2864_v6843A
Rescue Version:FAST2864_v7843A
Hardware Version?2864-000000-002

As for all the other stuff on that Connection Hub thing Its something off the ship they found at Roswell New Mexico to me LOL.

Last edited by MCIBUS2; 2013-11-30 at 06:45 PM.
post #503 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-11-30, 06:13 PM
Veteran

Don't worry about all that stuff. Oddly, I don't know where you see a "receiver" section on the router - I don't have that.

The "applications and games" section is sometimes needed when you need to "open" required network ports to play certain games on your PC. For example, if you want to play "Age of Empires" on your PC, you may need to configure it here to allow the data to your PC. This has nothing to do with Fibe games.

One area you might need to configure is the Wireless section. If you want to create guest wireless access (suppose you have friends over to your place and they want to get on your WIFI, but you don't want to give out your WIFI password, you can give them guess access and they also won't be able to access any other devices on your network).
post #504 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-11-30, 06:39 PM

I doubled checked and it says Network Devices.aka receivers

A for the WI-FI don't use it.

Like I said I'm not good with computers so don't really want to go into the router and start changing things I don't know real how to do.Not sure how to change or use this WI FI settings.So I just leave that area alone.

Was just curious about a lot of stuff in that router Connection Hub.Best thing to do is leave it alone and let a friend who knows what there doing with computers change things in the connection hub if I need it to be changed. Let my friend change it for me.

Last edited by MCIBUS2; 2013-11-30 at 07:02 PM.
post #505 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-11-30, 09:02 PM

My Fibe-supplied router says it's an Alcatel Lucent 7130, and its software dates from May, 2012. So I guess all this thread is irrelevant to my setup?
post #506 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-12-01, 12:19 AM

Those are Sagemcom firmware versions, not receivers.
post #507 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-12-05, 06:39 AM

I was also having the "PVR is busy" issue last week, but since the weekend I haven't seen it once. I guess an update fixed it.

Now I just have to wait for the PVR update and I'll be happy.
post #508 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-12-05, 04:16 PM

I'm not home right now, but I just heard from my wife who is. A Bell tech is at the house right now, saying all 3 of our rented PVRs need replacement. Last night, the internet died while I was watching the hockey game. My wife was watching our upstairs receiver and it died for her at the same time. I was "tape delayed" and when I caught up to live TV, I lost the signal - but only when I caught up. The signal would come back for a second or two initially but then seemed to stop completely. A modem reboot did nothing. My wife called today and over the phone, they got the internet up and running, but the receivers still weren't working. They sent a tech who arrived an hour or so ago and is now saying all 3 receivers need replacement.

This is completely unprecedented to me - I've never had 3 interrelated pieces of consumer electronics all die at the same time like this. I had one whole home PVR and 2 receivers accessing it.

Has anyone had a similar experience, or can anyone provide some insight? I'm not an engineer, but I've implemented a lot of software, so my initial thought is that something pushed to the boxes from Bell killed them - any other explanation seems too coincidental.
post #509 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-12-10, 01:00 PM
Rookie

i had issues with freezing and constant crashing, this occured after the firmware update, i also noticed that it was happening everytime my wifi extender was plugged in. they told me that it's a known issue after the update
post #510 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-12-10, 03:17 PM

atmerauser, I can confirm, after getting several calls about this today, wifi extenders are toast with this update.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in