Bell Fibe TV problems and Complaints - Page 30 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #436 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-09-28, 10:11 PM

What's going on with Bell Fibe TV?

I guess everyone is more or less feeling the way I am feeling about Bell Fibe TV, it is supposed to be a Top Notch TV Service, but lately it has been sucking the big one, We have no had any new updates or upgrades in a long time, still the same old lame apps, nothing new nothing exciting, still no Call Display on TV, They are very good at adding new Ethnic Channels, I just think they have enough International channels, time to get with giving us more newer channels like FX, and others, also upgrade the Apps, get new apps on there, tired of the same old thing, Rogers TV is way more advanced the Bell Fibe TV, they have a new Nextbox that now can record 8 HD Channels at once, all at the same time, we are still stuck with 4 and 3 of those are HD. Also what is up with the Bell Remote PVR? it works only for Satelite, still cannot get it to work with Bell Fibe, so am i the only one feeling like this? or is there anyone else out there feeling the same?? seriously thinking of going to Rogers for better PVR and their VIP Package has more channels then Bells Better Package...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #437 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-09-29, 09:12 AM

I have no problem using Bell Remote PVR. Just used it yesterday to schedule a new recording. I don't seem to have enough time to watch all the program I record, so recording 8 HD channels at once would make things worse for me.
post #438 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-09-29, 10:40 AM

NHL Centre Ice on Fibe won't work for me

We often use up the 3 HD streams on fibe tv so we won't always have an available HD stream left for Hockey games. I have asked bell for a solution and no one I've spoken to can help. One solution would be for bell to authorize the bell satellite receiver I still have connected to the dish and another would be to give me a game centre live code to allow me to watch the games on my pc or apple tv. Bell so far have refused the above suggestions so if I want Centre Ice I have to look elsewhere. I have two choices: I can sub to NHL centre ice with Shaw direct (as I still have a Shaw account) or sub direct with Game centre live for $ 150.00 and have to pay bell for additional bandwith. Maybe I should have stayed with bell's satellite service to avoid this problem.

post #439 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-09-29, 11:01 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdriver View Post
I guess everyone is more or less feeling the way I am feeling about Bell Fibe TV, it is supposed to be a Top Notch TV Service, but lately it has been sucking the big one,
Why do you assert that everyone feels like you do? I certainly don't. Perhaps speak for yourself and not others.

Quote:
We have no had any new updates or upgrades in a long time, still the same old lame apps, nothing new nothing exciting, still no Call Display on TV,
Who cares about the apps? And what specific "apps" do you want? Call Display on TV - really? That's what you are complaining about?

Quote:
Rogers TV is way more advanced the Bell Fibe TV, they have a new Nextbox that now can record 8 HD Channels at once, all at the same time, we are still stuck with 4 and 3 of those are HD.
Seems like you know alot about Rogers - have you used their service lately. If not, how do you know if it is more advanced? And you think it is so great, why not switch - I'm sure they would be happy to have you as a customer.

Quote:
Also what is up with the Bell Remote PVR? it works only for Satelite, still cannot get it to work with Bell Fibe,
They are working on it. The Rogers's remote PVR sucked so bad. Wouldn't work half the time I used it.

I find Bell's service much better than Rogers. Having spent years with their horrible service and horrible customer care, I'm glad to be with Bell. The PVRs/STB are smaller, faster and all around better. I'm glad I switched
post #440 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-09-29, 05:54 PM
Veteran

What I like to know is:

How many customers actually will record 8 shows at once?

How many customers actually record 8 shows in a given 1 Hour? 2 Hours 3 Hours etc Hours?

In all honesty if your recording that many shows in a given hour or day, you've got a serious TV ADDICTION PROBLEM!!

Yeah at one time I had 3 services at the same time and now have Bell Fibe & Dish with the largest packages, but I don't record 8 shows a day I'd be lucky if I'd record perhaps 1 or 2 shows during the entire day or view time.

In all reality do you really need to have the ability to record 8 shows at once?

As for the apps sure more could be added like telus has or MTS has, but at least they have the weather app as to get the local weather for Ottawa you need the app as the dufesses at Bell & the TWN are so moronic that regardless how many times you've e-mailed them and phone them still haven't fixed the issue(being going on for almost a year) that accord to Bell & TWN Ottawa is actually the city of Toronto and not Ottawa.

Despite that I still love Fibe over Rogers any day of the week.

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
post #441 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-09-29, 06:09 PM
Rookie

Martin55

Can someone help me identify the code I should use to control my Fibe PVR with a Bose Universal Remote control. Now of the codes in the Bose list seem to work. Thanks
post #442 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-09-30, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCIBUS View Post
What I like to know is:

How many customers actually will record 8 shows at once?

How many customers actually record 8 shows in a given 1 Hour? 2 Hours 3 Hours etc Hours?
snip
There are large families with multiple TV's that might need this feature. Bell also has a limitation on the number of STB's that can be connected to one PVR. This is an area where Rogers is a better solution.
post #443 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-09-30, 09:44 AM

If you are one of the very small minority that needs to record 8 shows there are plenty of other options. I don't want Bell to invest in something like that if they can spend it on making Fibe better for most of us.

Personally, I don't use the apps (other than Galaxy) I find them to be more of a distraction. If I want Twitter or Facebook while watching TV, I'll use my cell.

News programs that have a constant stream of Twitter messages crawling across the screen make me change channels.

I would like to see interactivity like getting a restaurant menu while a commercial is showing and being able to order from it or more info about a car while a car commercial is being aired.

Regarding Caller ID on the screen, aren't more and more folks cutting the cord to landline telephones? Again, I prefer they invest their money on something that takes advantage of the service being connected to the Internet etc.
post #444 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-09-30, 09:52 AM

Ok so recording 8 shows is good for some people. But my question is this. When did this Rogers receiver come out? Not too long ago. And for quite awhile Fibe was way better than Rogers in that it allowed to record 4 shows at the same time. So now people are dissing Fibe because the Rogers box can record 8 shows? The new Rogers box is a precisely a response to Fibe getting some of Rogers' market share. I am sure that Fibe like any other company will come out with something else or inprove on what they have.
post #445 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-09-30, 10:54 AM
Veteran

I find that recording 3 channels at the same time is more than enough - on that rare occasion when a conflict does occur, the time shifting channels do the trick.
post #446 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-09-30, 01:54 PM
Rookie

Quote:
I don't want Bell to invest in something like that if they can spend it on making Fibe better for most of us.
You can count me as another who isn't all that fussed about how many simultaneous recordings are possible on Fibe vs Rogers.

But I think it's a fair question to ask what *has* Bell invested in to make Fibe better over the last while? When was the last major update or new feature rolled out?

-A
post #447 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-09-30, 02:23 PM

The have a new app on my cell called BellTV app. I heard they are about to launch another that might include the remote PVR functions
post #448 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-09-30, 07:35 PM

given the fact that we can watch via PC, laptop, tablet etc i too would much prefer and appreciate BELLs current strategy;

investing in more channels
allowing for more viewing options via tech
giving us better value for our $

Having the option to record 8 channels for the "occasional" need is not a priority.

PS: having FIBE tv for nearly 2 years i have only had the need to record 4+ shows this past weekend, not once in the nearly 700* days since.
post #449 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-09-30, 08:04 PM
Veteran

The point is that option to recording 8 channels is not the only upgrade . From what I have heard there are few other upgrades that came with nextbox 3 .

-faster channel change
- new IPG
- bigger hard drive (250 hrs of HD recording)
- ability to connect external hard drive

There could have been other upgrades that I am not aware of.
post #450 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-10-01, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthancable View Post
I would like to see interactivity like getting a restaurant menu while a commercial is showing and being able to order from it or more info about a car while a car commercial is being aired.
Or the ability to set up a recording for a program when the commercial is shown instead of having to go search for it. I believe TiVo offers that.

flaminghomer
Samsung Smart TV | Bell Fibe | Apple TV 4K | Pioneer 919AH | Panasonic BD75 | Bose AM6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in