Bell Fibe TV problems and Complaints - Page 26 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #376 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-01-25, 09:23 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinboy View Post
Looks like you already gave the number a few posts earlier. I tried using the 2nd level support number for a programming inquiring but it was deemed to be insignificant as I was quickly patched back to level 1. Still much better service if you get through.

A couple more cons with FibeTV would be the lack of PiP, no slo-mo and no sleep timer. On the upside though, the Bell PVR is about a half the size of the Rogers unit, I can record 1 SD and 3 HD programs simultaneously and the guide is more extensive and can search dates a couple weeks ahead.
Wait. What?? How do you search by date? Not being able to do this has been making me nuts for YEARS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #377 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-01-25, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davedigger View Post
Wait. What?? How do you search by date? Not being able to do this has been making me nuts for YEARS!
There is a difference between "search dates a couple of weeks ahead" and "search by date". I'm pretty sure that all cabinboy meant was that the guide goes forward a couple of weeks and all of those dates are included in your search results.
post #378 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-01-25, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davedigger View Post
For example...if there's a preview for a movie I want to catch that's airing 2 weeks from now I can scroll through the guide to that specific date & time and hit the record button. Rogers would only let me record up to 7 days.

Another plus for the Bell PVR is the 'smart' record function that I can program to record an entire series without repeats. This is a bonus with unscheduled shows that air numerous times throughout the week.

post #379 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-01-25, 07:15 PM

I'm going to think about it for a few more days....maybe I'll get used to the picture quality...
Little or no help from Bell Support. Must be the TV according to them. Hmph!
Couldn't even get them to come to the house and verify everything.
No changes are possible for the closed captions.

Both Videotron and Bell said there would be no charges for rejoining and cancelling respectively.

Oh! Did I mention that I got The Look from the Mrs when I said I was thinking of going back to Videotron?
This is somewhat of a factor also
post #380 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-01-26, 09:11 AM

Is that how the Galaxie stations always look? Just a black screen with no song or artist titles showing?

Last edited by 57; 2013-01-26 at 09:49 AM. Reason: UQR
post #381 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-01-26, 10:32 AM

Use the app for it, not the channel.

Press interactive TV on the remote, scroll right to Galaxy Music, press ok.
post #382 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-01-26, 02:02 PM
Veteran

yeah use the galaxy app, not the channels, this should help
post #383 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-01-26, 02:14 PM

Thank-you gentlemen -that was it.
post #384 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-01-30, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinboy View Post
Another plus for the Bell PVR is the 'smart' record function that I can program to record an entire series without repeats. This is a bonus with unscheduled shows that air numerous times throughout the week.
The only thing I'm finding annoying is that the "smart" recording isn't that smart. Yes you can setup to only record first runs of episodes, but you have to select a specific channel to record on. So if that cahnnel changes it's schedule, then it will not record.

With my old PVR (Shaw Direct) you could select smart record and it would search the guide and record the new episode on any channel. You coulod also select any channel or HD only.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see this feature on the Bell PVR
post #385 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-01-30, 05:52 PM

It does it on mine... it works flawlessly... love it
post #386 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-01-30, 06:35 PM

It should work. I have Bell TV and set to record just new episodes.
One time I had a show for a certain time on Monday but one Monday there was 2 new episodes and it picked them both up.

On another instance I had set new episodes for Anger Management on Sunday and it recorded a new episode the very next day on Monday.

I Beleive Bell Fibe should be the same thing as they both use the same guide.

Like UPS says. Love it!!!
post #387 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-01-30, 10:20 PM

The system seems to work if the channel changes its schedule. I noticed this last year, a show that I recorded as a series changed the air date and it still recorded
post #388 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-02-05, 09:12 AM

Fibe PVR running slow

Tried searching but didn't find much on this issue.
The PVR is running dreadfully slow.
A good 1.5sec + delay after inputs for guide, recordings, on demand, etc.
Constantly getting the 'busy' symbol in the bottom right corner during search functions & moving about the recordings menu.
Lastly when scrolling the program guide the guide will freeze momentarily, then when it unfreezes it continues scrolling well past the time when the button has been released on the remote.

Does the unit constantly require reboots I'm wondering?
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
post #389 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-02-05, 11:39 AM

I've not rebooted any of my boxes in months, it's normal when you first turn them on for them to be a little slow, but in a minute or 2 that clears itself.

You should go into a little more detail about your setup, is this box in question the PVR or a remote box? How is it connected, hpna or coax? what's the model of the box in question?
Have you rebooted/reset the box? There's been several firmware upgrades, perhaps your box needs a nudge. (Press and hold the power button as well as the ok button in the middle of the circle, when the light flashes, let go, give it 2-3 minutes to reboot and see if that fixes it)
post #390 of 707 (permalink) Old 2013-02-05, 12:11 PM

You only need to hold the power button for a few seconds to reset the box.
If you hold down any other buttons with the power button, you risk formatting your hard-drive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in