Bell Fibe TV problems and Complaints - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-11, 03:51 PM

@Barb G - Level 2 support are able to perform more tests than Level 1 - they can also call in the network guys if needed.
If the issue is at the C.O. then it will be these guys that will identify and hopefully resolve the issue (we a discussing the pixelation and freezing of the picture).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-11, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshine View Post
@Barb G - Level 2 support are able to perform more tests than Level 1 - they can also call in the network guys if needed.
If the issue is at the C.O. then it will be these guys that will identify and hopefully resolve the issue (we a discussing the pixelation and freezing of the picture).
O.K., thanks. I'll call Bell again tomorrow.
post #18 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-11, 05:19 PM

I have some of the issues also listed here:

1) Audio dropouts. I find I can alleviate this issue by rewinding a program by about 20 - 30 seconds, but it doesn't always work. This makes me beleive it's an issue with the box itself. Apparently, the ATT Uverse users have talked to great extent about this sort of issue

2) Summary menu poping up. This only seems to happen when wathing some recordings - and usually near the end.

I'm in the Don Mills / Eglington area by the way - so not sure which CO I'm connected to.

post #19 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-11, 07:20 PM

Thought I'd add my observations...

I too am in the Beach (Main St. C.O.).

1. Pixelization: yup... happening lately; it wasn't happening before about 2 or 3 days ago (that I have noticed anyway - I don't watch a lot of TV). Happens on recorded or live content. Annoying. I will call them tomorrow morning and open a ticket (and endure the pain of having them walk through their troubleshooting script).

2. Menu pop-up problem: I've had that happen maybe 3 or 4 times in about 2 months. Not enough to bother me, but I have experienced it.

D
post #20 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-11, 07:57 PM

The level 2 tech has been watching my line for the past 2 hours and couldn't find any errors. He had me turn off all PC and wireless devices (and yes, he saw them all - spooky :-) )
Over a 30 min period the screen froze/pixelated 14 times. Since we couldn't resolve it, he's sending a tech on Wednesday afternoon.

I have to admit, even though we did not figure out what the issue, I was impressed with the service.
post #21 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-11, 08:28 PM

i have the same problem with my audio stuttering. Its a pain in the a$$.

I notice it more and my wife (who also doesnt see a difference in HD and SD) also notices it - so its pretty bad.

Also - i have my tv hooked up to my Yamaha and i have it on Surround Decode - so when im on an HD channel the sound studders and i can see the sound change to Prologic.

I dont get the sound studdering on SD channels.

Anyways - was on the phone with Bell today for about 30 minutes and they were going to monitor my feed.

Also - on TMN onDemand - HD movies are horrible - I cant watch at all. It freezes and then Im not able to hear anything. I have to pause the movie and replay it to get the sound back.

SO LAME......
post #22 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-11, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Well I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with Bell aain this evening. Second line support had me disconnect all phones from their jacks and watch for pixelization and audio drop outs. It seems the one land line I had connected was causing some trouble. I have left it disconnected and the audio dropouts have drastically reduced however the pixelization still happens but not as frequently or severely.

Bell has left my ticket open and I will call back tomorrow to tell them I still have pixelization/freezing problems.

Last edited by Barb G; 2010-10-11 at 09:35 PM.
post #23 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-12, 12:01 AM

I just got the Resume play also.

UH OH!!!

Are these the first signs of......???
post #24 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-12, 07:02 AM

This definitely seems like a back end(CO) issue. Bell is having everyone reset everything to no avail. It does not appear that its something that can be fixed on the client side.
post #25 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-12, 07:21 AM

My only problems till now are lag in some SD channels and audio out of sync in 1 french HD channel ( RDS ) .
post #26 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-12, 08:02 AM

Regardingt the audio dropouts - I was about to ask with my earlier post - for those that do have the audio dropping out - are you using a receiver? What audio are you pushing out from the IPTV box - Surround or Stereo?

I tried a recommendation from someone to use Optical for the audio path with HDMI for video, and even use Optical / Component instead of HDMI, but that didn't help at all either.
post #27 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-12, 08:47 AM

@secotton - I took my receiver out of the picture by connecting the PVR directly into my plasma and the using the optical out on the PVR into my receiver. No luck - the screen still froze and pixellated. We'll see how it goes today.. and tomorrow the tech will show up.
post #28 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-12, 09:23 AM

@Almadacr I've notice the same thing on RDS-HD.... sound is out of sync for 1 sec or so.... The SD channel seems to be ok... I feel it's more on RDS side, the problem... sometime it was ok but most of it, it's not.... For watching hockey it's not too bad... since we dont see people talking LOL....

I've noticed more and more glitched in the sound and image... on my recording... but nothing like you all talking about... for me it's moslty 1 sec or so....

Panasonic TH-5P50VT25| Panasonic DMP-BDT100| Sony STR-DG910 | Apple TV | Xbox 360 | Bell FibeTV - VIP1232
post #29 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-12, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshine: I took my receiver out of the picture by connecting the PVR directly into my plasma and the using the optical out on the PVR into my receiver
Try going straight HDMI to your TV, and use the TV's audio - see if it still happens. I think the issue is when there is a receiver in the mix that you get the audio dropouts. I do notice when listening to the audio channels - i get no dropouts of audio.

I haven't noticed bad pixelation happening. Sometimes it can be at the source though too.

I'm hoping maybe a software update might fix these issues - apparently Microsofot's Media Room 2.0 is available and some providers are starting to move to it. I would hope Bell will move towards it soon.

I think we should document how we are setup too when there are issues. I heard that using COAX can cause lots of issues, especially if it's poor COAX runs. Also - using a second wireless router can cause issues.

For me:
- Ethernet cable (6ft) to hookup IPTV receiver to modem
- HDMI from IPTV receiver to A/V Receiver (Denon)
- HDMI from Denon to TV
- HDMI used for Video / Audio path
post #30 of 697 (permalink) Old 2010-10-12, 10:27 AM

My PVR goes straight to my TV. Optical out to my receiver for audio. So I can say with certainty that the receiver is not the cause of the pixelization and image issues. This is definately something on Bell's side. No one was having these issues until 4-5 days ago.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in