FibeTV and compatible universal remotes (not compatible with old Harmony H659) - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

That said, it took only 5 minutes to program my Harmony 700 since my home theater setup has become slightly more basic (Due to me being in a modern glass condo building, I no longer use a projector...) It even came with discrete on/off signalling for the Sony TV in its database. The only tweak I had to do was to rename the A/B/C buttons of the VIP1216 database to named buttons like Settings/VOD/Recordings/Favourites on the color LCD. And changing a few settings of the Logitech.

I really do like the quick programmability of Harmony remotes, I never was able to get my pronto fully SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) in less than an hour. Fun remotes they were, for tweaking, but I wanted something more traditional with touchy-feely buttons.

I had a Harmony One, but its button got gummy and direction pad stopped working, and I had difficulty getting the buttons cleaned (touchscreen stopped working as a result). So that turns full circle back to the Harmony 700, just because it's cheap and I care less about it failing in a few years from spilled food and sticky hands. At least until there's a disassembly-friendly high-end Harmony remote similiar to Harmony One...

Thanks,
Mark Rejhon
www.marky.com/hometheater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 2010-11-09, 04:43 PM

@Mark Rejhon

If you have your old Harmony H659, you might be interested in trying AT&T as the manufacturer. That worked for this MTS user.

Let us know if it works.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 2011-10-02, 10:48 AM
Rookie

Hey there,
I just hooked up fibe and I'm using a Harmony 700 remote, and I can't get it to work satisfactorily. I have to go through the learning command method, and at one point it said it was best to use vip1216e, but it still wouldn't allow the coloured buttons to work. I tried adding the commands for one, yellow green and red, I received an ack saying they were learned, yet no luck. the only way to access the faves menu would be through the digital screen on the remote which is a real pain.
Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Spacegras (chris)

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 2011-10-02, 11:58 AM

@Spacegras, the VIP1216e is the European version and I believe it works differently. Try using VIP1216 or AT&T.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 2011-12-28, 02:06 PM

I been successful with setting up my Harmony 550. There was just a huge "learning curve" for "me" to learn how to reprogram it. You really do not remember how to do an "Activity" set up when it was "years ago" you last programmed it.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 2012-01-05, 07:17 PM
Rookie

I have a Harmony 650 and it works fine with Fibe TV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in