My Observations and Experience on FibeTV - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 402 (permalink) Old 2010-09-22, 09:41 AM

@mtlscream: That's really crappy. Hope you can have them fix the situation to your satisfaction. Keep us posted!

Panasonic 50GT30 | Yamaha HTR-6063 | Energy Take Classic 5.1 | Oppo BDP-93 | Illico - 8642HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 402 (permalink) Old 2010-09-22, 10:24 AM

@joepro
Just talked this am with Bell Fibe TV, they seems to have a lot of problem with install and activation yesturday... But like i said to the agent, after receiving 2 emails and 2 voice mail to confirm my installation date, why not a simple call to let me know they wont come....

So just got a call from Bell again, the installation part II is tonight.... We will see
post #33 of 402 (permalink) Old 2010-09-22, 10:42 PM

Just got my Fibe TV and Fibe 7 installed....
They got here around 5pm and left around 8pm.... They did reinstall the a cable from the pole, the box and all wires inside 2 tech for the job

they did a great job.... They installed all the PVR HD and also the router.....

My only problem is now.....
My computer on Wifi is working fine... but if i try to connect wifi with my iPad or iPhone, when i go online, i always get the Activation Modem page.... Weird...

So now i guess i have 1 month to get use to it and play with all the channel.

About the TMN on demand or Super Ecran on demand ? Is it all free if you subscribe to TMN or SE ??

The pictures seems to be better than normal HD (like illico)... but yes i did notice the SD channel seems not great.... but SD is SD LOL...

My Internet speed is amazing....

More observations later....

post #34 of 402 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 04:15 AM

My iPod works fine on my Cellpipe's WiFi router (Alcatel Lucent 7130). Everything else including the HDTV/Wii/BluRay WiFi connects fine to the CellPipe, though I've since installed a gigabit Ethernet switch behind the TV since.

Maybe go to your router's config page at http://192.168.2.1 and doublecheck settings. Be careful about tweaking the Cellpipe modem. Assuming all your WiFi devices are modern, go to the WiFi page at http://192.168.2.1 and use WPA2AES, and choose AES for the key, enter a good long secure password for the preshared key, and viola. Don't use Open or WEP, that's easy for someone off the street to crack. Make sure you're already able to connect to the Cellpipe over Ethernet cable, in case you screw up the WiFi settings.

Thanks,
Mark Rejhon
www.marky.com/hometheater
post #35 of 402 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 10:26 AM
Rookie

Hey,

Just wanted to know if they 100% install all the network wires inside the home? Like I have a few computers running on wifi now, If i want them to completly install me new network cables will they do so? Did they run wires around your house?

I will have 3 tvs and each will be on the bell fibe tv. Im getting the same pakage as you.

Also did you provide the wires? routers? hdmi cables? switches? hubs? etc...

Thanks

p.s anything I should i look out for when installation is happening? anything to ask?
post #36 of 402 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 12:00 PM

@Mark
Thanks for the input.... Everything was fine... i guess Bell just force the activation on their side and ask me to reboot the modem... and VOILA

I have to say i'm pretty impress with the customer service when you dial at the Fibe number... NOT the 310-BELL... Even the techs who did the installation told me never call the 310-bell but the Fibe direct line number... And they are right....

So far, i'm pretty happy with it.. but of course this play much with the Fibe TV yet...

More info later tonight i guess
post #37 of 402 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 04:52 PM
Rookie

@ MTLSCREAM

can you please see if you can answer my questions above since you JUST got urs installed.

Thanks a million
post #38 of 402 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 05:01 PM

@Asifnana
I can't tell you if they would do this or that... But i can tell you what they did for me...
They did install a new cable from the pole (outside) to my appartement. They did install a new box outside.... After they did run a cable from the box to the inside (and and install a new phone jack / box for DSL etc...).
For me, it's was easy.... no phone line (just a dry loop).

They did connect the router and configure my iMac wifi. they also installed the PVR HD with component cables... they don't give you HDMI... I did have one, so we did plug it HDMI.

I know for sure... if you have more than 1 TV, they will use Coax cable for them.
post #39 of 402 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 07:28 PM

Someone from Bell just called to tell me about the outage on september 21st. She apologized and said Bell is doing whatever they can to make sure it doesn't happen again. In the meantime, she applied a 10$ credit to my account. Sweet!

Panasonic 50GT30 | Yamaha HTR-6063 | Energy Take Classic 5.1 | Oppo BDP-93 | Illico - 8642HD
post #40 of 402 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 07:33 PM
Rookie

@ MTLSCREAM

Really... I though they said they would network it using network cables ?....
post #41 of 402 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

@joepro - yes, I just got a call also. $10 credit against my next bill and an apology.
Very nice of them.
post #42 of 402 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 10:19 PM

Hey I didn't get a call and I'm in the beaches area. Did you call to complain first?

Panasonic PT-AE2000U|Elite Cinetension2 100"|Yamaha RX-V3900|PS3|Paradigm Monitor 7|Bose AM-10s|Polk PSW350
post #43 of 402 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 11:30 PM

@mtlscream: Yup, TMN/SE On Demand is included in your TMN/SE subscription.

post #44 of 402 (permalink) Old 2010-09-24, 12:09 AM

I got my $10 credit too, and I'm still on the %50 off deal! I'm actually quite amazed at how well Bell seems to have been with me everytime they either call me, or I call them. Always professional, and most importantly, the speak well! I have to question - is Bell is finally turning over a new leaf? I guess only time will tell.
post #45 of 402 (permalink) Old 2010-09-24, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

@wm cheng - Yes, I opened a problem with Bell Fibe support. I guess they started going through all the tickets opened that day concerning the outage.

Very happy with the support so far.

Tags
fibe tv , review , rogers , toronto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in