My Observations and Experience on FibeTV - Page 27 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #391 of 402 (permalink) Old 2016-06-01, 09:33 AM

A couple days before the end of my free upgrade from 15 to 25 I got an email from Bell saying they hoped I enjoyed my upgrade and that it would be ending in a few days, and suggested I continue if I enjoyed it (for more money of course).

I had no idea that I had received this upgrade, so I did a speed test and sure enough it was 25. And sure enough in a few days when I checked again it was back at 15.

So I had it a month and never noticed. Shows you how much difference it makes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 402 (permalink) Old 2016-06-01, 11:23 AM
Veteran

^^^^ It depends on what you're using the web for.

Downloading Linux .iso files, or in fact any LARGE file will make a difference.

Browsing advertising laden pages, not much difference noted here. In fact, latency can actually in some cases be more important in this scenario.

Unless you receive large attachments, e-mail and banking, hardly a difference will be noted.

Cameron

DAB listener 12/2003-11/2011 (DAB Off-Air since 11/2011)
HD radio Listener since 06/2010
post #393 of 402 (permalink) Old 2016-06-02, 11:49 PM

"So I had it a month and never noticed. Shows you how much difference it makes."

Yep, if they hadn't sent me an email about it I never would have noticed. Except for the random modem restarts and the associated random black holes in the middle of recorded TV programs and sporadic WiFi outages. Burned through a lot of extra Data on my phone using it at home without noticing that the WiFi was out during a reboot. I won't be signing up for Fibe25!

post #394 of 402 (permalink) Old 2016-10-18, 12:54 AM

Unhappy Lost all recordings on VIP2262

We've been accumulating recordings on our VIP2262 since we got Fibe about a year ago, and we must have had about 70 shows recorded. Went to the list last night and found only four recordings, all from last night. Disturbing. Then tonight they were gone too, and the two from tonight played back nothing, so I guess the HD is toast and I'll have to call for a replacement tomorrow. Just thought I'd warn you all that this could happen!
post #395 of 402 (permalink) Old 2016-10-18, 01:28 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Thanks for the warning, but anyone should be aware that it's not a matter of if, but when a hard drive will fail. That's why it's important to realize that these devices are designed for time-shifting and not for archiving. Have you tried rebooting? Sometimes the file system/firmware can become corrupt and a reboot brings back full operation.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #396 of 402 (permalink) Old 2016-10-24, 01:56 AM

Rebooting did restore it to reliable operation again, but I did have a hilarious call to a Bell CS who told me with a straight face that it was due to an 'outage' they were experiencing right now, and that my case would be escalated so I should expect all my previously lost shows to reappear when my escalation came up in the list the next day. Of course, that didn't happen. Let's see how long this HD continues to work...
post #397 of 402 (permalink) Old 2016-10-24, 01:53 PM

Bell has actually acknowledged they have an issue with PVRs rebooting and not being able to connect to their servers and resulting in "lost" recordings.
post #398 of 402 (permalink) Old 2016-10-27, 05:10 PM

I went to change from Rogers...Bell offered me a deal for Fibe, internet and home phone, total of $60/mth less that Rogers. Install was Fri Oct 21st. Since then we had the original installer and 3 technicians over, and they finally got the Fibe and internet working on Tues night...however our home phone line was staticy (which we've always had) throughout this time. That was finally fixed last night...then today, Fibe starts cutting out again. I've decided, unless it's fixed today, I'll go back to Rogers. This is insane
post #399 of 402 (permalink) Old 2016-11-22, 05:46 PM
Veteran

Question Preferred Customer Program?

Preferred Customer Program?

Has anyone else heard of this or is enrolled? I received a letter in the mail today from Bell stating I've been enrolled in their "Preferred Customer Program". It stated by calling this 1-800 number I get priority calling this 800 number I get jumped to the head of the line when calling Bell(instead of waiting a long time on hold). I also get discounts. Its available 24/7. As a "Preferred Customer"(according to Bell) i get faster service?

Now grant yu I'm not sure how or why I got in rolled or what makes you a "Preffered Custtomer" but I think spending $400+/month on Belll services might have something to do with it I think?

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
post #400 of 402 (permalink) Old 2018-05-28, 05:06 PM
Veteran

Cool

Well I just got another nice promo from Bell. My Promo which expired May 22 ended. I called Bell and got a nicer promo for 24 months. I got $28 off/month off my Fibe TV bill each month. I'm pretty happy with that when your Fibe TV bill alone is close to $200/month.Then again when your Bell One Bill is over $400/month I'm guessing they'll give better deals for you to stay with them.

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
post #401 of 402 (permalink) Old 2018-05-29, 03:35 PM

Well done MCIBUS
As someone with a $200 bill, best they would offer today was $20 off my existing price which was going to go up $10 at month end, for 5/300 FTTH service. Rogers offering $120/month for Ignite. Tough to stay with Bell.

Former Rogers VIP, now Bell Fibe, Sony KDL40W3000, BDPS350, Philips Streamium NP2500 (2). DS209 NAS, Playbook
post #402 of 402 (permalink) Old 2018-05-29, 05:11 PM
Veteran

We are paying less than $200 for TV plus internet with Rogers. The internet is a fair bit slower than 300Mbps and has a cap but it's good enough because we don't stream much TV. With TPIAs offering unlimited plans for under $100 it's tough to justify paying $200/mo for internet.
Norman_C likes this.

Tags
fibe tv , review , rogers , toronto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in