Bell Entertainment Service New Channels Discussion - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 2009-12-08, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Bell Entertainment Service New Channels Discussion

Regular Bell Sat TV will be adding MExcess HD and MFun! HD to their Movie Network package starting tomorrow. Any idea if Bell Entertainment will be doing the same thing? Nothing on their website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 2009-12-13, 09:59 AM

Location: Toronto - FibeTV: VIP1232HD PVR, VIP1200, Sharp Aquos 37" 1080p (LC37D62U), Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver
Hey,

We really need a thread with new channels a la the Rogers forum.

Maybe it was there when I got it, but I just noticed that we have AMC HD! That is nice, though I really am still feeling a little burned as the day after I got BES hooked up, Rogers announced a ton of new HD channels.

At least I get Rush, Equator and the Treasure channels which I didn't subscribe to with Rogers.

-- Phob
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 2009-12-13, 11:11 AM
Veteran

Quote:
MExcess HD and MFun! HD
There is already a thread on these channels on Bell.

Quote:
We really need a thread with new channels
We have one.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 2009-12-13, 11:22 AM
Rookie

I think Phobia is saying a New Channel thread on this BES Forum, which does not exist.

I think it's a cool idea as the Channels are different between iPTV and Satellite versions of Bell TV.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 2009-12-13, 01:29 PM
Veteran

Oops! My apologies for the confusion. I just read the forum as "New Posts", so I never really pay attention to the sub-forums.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 2009-12-13, 08:21 PM

I agree that a thread is needed for a channel listing, considering Bell doesn't keep theirs up to date. It was last updated November 1 of 2008. Over a year old and a lot of new channels have been added.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 2009-12-14, 11:29 PM

Bell Entertainment really needs sportsnet hd . Anyone know anything about when they might possibly get it?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 2009-12-16, 04:15 PM

Location: Toronto - FibeTV: VIP1232HD PVR, VIP1200, Sharp Aquos 37" 1080p (LC37D62U), Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver
Agreed

Hi there,

BES also needs HD timeshifting and TSN2 in HD. I don't understand why ExpressVU gets the content but BES doesn't.

I know the service is still unofficial or "beta", but I hope the HD content continues to grow.

The other MAJOR shortfall is their on demand. I haven't found anything free on there like Rogers offers. They claim to have an "Extensive library of new release movies and popular TV shows" on their "Better than Cable" tab - I for one don't see that.

TMN on demand? Free TV on demand for current series? Kids on demand like Treehouse?

All of those services are included with Rogers so long as you subscribe to the related channel(s).

I guess that is part of the reason the cost is so much lower, but honestly, if in a year's time they don't have a greater parity of services with Rogers, I'll probably switch back... unless they offer 50% off again!

-- Phob
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 2009-12-18, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

BES now has AMC HD but it is not listed on their channel pages.
Any other included channels that aren't on their promo pages?
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 2009-12-18, 04:52 PM

Other new BES channels

They added SPIKE and BET this week.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 2009-12-18, 04:58 PM

Reply to: I don't understand why ExpressVU has...

ExpressVu and Bell Entertainment have separate CRTC licenses. They have to negotiate channels on their own. Since I started they have added many channels.

They keep telling us they'll have much more when they actually go commercial including some of the cool apps they have on AT&T's IPTV.

I will decide then if it is worth the price. Given the great Internet speed and quality, outstanding picture quality on true HD channels and the way to switch channels quickly....I'm sold so far.

I wish they would tell us when they add channels.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 2009-12-22, 01:23 AM

AMC HD was added a few days after Bell ExpressVu got it, and I was hoping to see the new TMN Channels show up that quickly, too. Guess we have to wait.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 2009-12-22, 12:48 PM

program description is terrible

Do you ever notice the program description is very vague, just a one liner? There was one that was something like: "A man moves to Mexico to live with his brother (mother)" I can't remember exactly what it was but this is pretty close to it. My wife and I both laughed when we see these program descriptions.

Maybe they need to limit the text to speed up download time, I don't know.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 2010-01-08, 02:52 PM
Rookie

It's great to hear that others share my wonder over why BES still isn't providing Rogers Sportsnet and TSN2 in HD.

Does anyone know when BES is planning to go commercial? Website currently mentions the 50% offer is good through Feb. 2010. That used to be Dec. 2009, so I'm not sure whether they're temporarily extending it, or whether Feb. 2010 is now the official launch date for BES.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 2010-01-08, 10:05 PM

totally new with this, but what is the difference with BES and bell tv, are they the same company?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in