Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Bell TV for Condos (not hooked up)

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  57 
#1 ·
Hi folks,
I hope this topic hasn't been posted too many times, apologies if it has.
I live in a condo and need to get my tv hooked up. I went with Bell for phone and internet, but the building is not hooked up for Bell TV, so I held off on that. I was going to go with Rogers but the fees are obscene, so I'm giving it second thoughts.

My property manager says that the building has two dishes on the roof, a star choice and "another one" that nobody is using. Can someone tell me what I would need to do to get Bell TV? Is it a relatively painless process? If they did need to install a Bell dish on the roof, could they or would it involve some extensive cabling work etc. The Bell rep (in person) couldn't answer any of these things, he just said I could buy a receiver and give it a try.

Apologies for the stupid questions, I know nothing about satellite tv, just that it seems to be cheaper than the Rogers' alternative.
Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
If the building is not wired for Bell Tv then the only chance is installing a Dish just for you. The Condo Board would have to give you a letter of permission to have one installed.

If it is a High Rise the Dish might go on your balcony, if you have Line of Sight, if not then I doubt that any installer will put it on the Roof, as it would require a none penetrating roof mount, which you would have to pay for, along with additional labor to do this and carry the Cement blocks onto the roof to stop the none-pen from blowing away.

My advice, go with Rogers, until the building is wired for Bell.

#3 ·
I'm surprised by your Rogers pricing comment. Usually if Rogers is supplying a Condo they provide a discount, at least for basic and often for other TV services. The pricing for an equivalent package is rarely significantly different between Rogers and Bell when comparing apples/apples.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.