Telus Optik TV programming packages and pricing discussion - Page 16 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #226 of 250 (permalink) Old 2016-11-03, 12:51 AM

Effective November 13, CraveTV will be added to the TMN packages at no additional cost.

Source: TELUS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 250 (permalink) Old 2016-11-07, 01:03 AM

Telus has launched their pick and pay for all channels. They're all listed on their website right now. They've also increased the price of CraveTV to $7/mo.
post #228 of 250 (permalink) Old 2016-11-07, 06:10 PM

I am surprised that they are only charging $4 for AMC individually. I had expected double that given the fighting that has gone on between AMC and Canadian BDUs.

post #229 of 250 (permalink) Old 2016-11-14, 12:09 AM
s40

I phoned in today to ask about free Crave for the $85 best with movies package, and they did add Crave to my package for free.
post #230 of 250 (permalink) Old 2016-11-16, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
Telus has launched their pick and pay for all channels. They're all listed on their website right now. They've also increased the price of CraveTV to $7/mo.
Is there a pick & pay direct link keep getting stuck in TV combos?
post #231 of 250 (permalink) Old 2016-11-16, 02:09 AM

You can see them under the Channels section under their respective categories below the theme packs:
Channels | Browse Optik TV channels | TELUS.com
post #232 of 250 (permalink) Old 2016-11-16, 01:15 PM

Their system won't let me select the Lite as the base package when logged into my Optik account. Do you figure they're waiting to the last possible minute, or trying to make you go through an agent to retain you with the other base packages?
post #233 of 250 (permalink) Old 2016-11-16, 04:13 PM

It won't even take my address. I've tried more than 10 times. Given up.

Telus 4K PVR & 2 wireless boxes; switched from Shaw for more HD and 4K channels, 3 AppleTVs
post #234 of 250 (permalink) Old 2016-11-16, 09:03 PM

Wow looks like Sports fans get hosed again only pick & pay channel I'd be interested in SN360 @ $7/month it was my understanding all channels would be available individually per CRTC ruling guess I misread the fine print.

Anyways I'll be sticking with Sportsnet NOW streaming not bad for 720p.
post #235 of 250 (permalink) Old 2016-11-17, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmenzel View Post
Their system won't let me select the Lite as the base package when logged into my Optik account. Do you figure they're waiting to the last possible minute, or trying to make you go through an agent to retain you with the other base packages?
Nope. It's because the Lite package doesn't qualify for most promotions (no free equipment, no free installation), and they want to have a human actually look at your account to make sure you don't have any of those and/or warn you that you may start to incur rental fees on equipment and a fee to break your contract if you have one. The $5 bundle promo does apply on the price though (which I was surprised by), so you pay $20/mo for it if you have a bundle.

I've had Lite since it came out earlier this year. The downside of their system not supporting it automatically is that once you're on it, you can't make ANY changes to your TV package online. You have to contact them by phone or chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucks4life View Post
Wow looks like Sports fans get hosed again only pick & pay channel I'd be interested in SN360 @ $7/month it was my understanding all channels would be available individually per CRTC ruling guess I misread the fine print.

Anyways I'll be sticking with Sportsnet NOW streaming not bad for 720p.
Yeah, pre-approved multiplex channels (of which the Sportsnet and TSN channels are considered, along with TMN and Super Channel) don't have to be sold separately. No new such multiplex channels will be approved though.
post #236 of 250 (permalink) Old 2017-01-08, 11:44 PM

Starting March 1, the Telus bundle discount will be going down from $5 per service to $3.

Source: TELUS
post #237 of 250 (permalink) Old 2017-01-09, 02:39 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
Nope. It's because the Lite package doesn't qualify for most promotions (no free equipment, no free installation), and they want to have a human actually look at your account to make sure you don't have any of those and/or warn you that you may start to incur rental fees on equipment and a fee to break your contract if you have one. The $5 bundle promo does apply on the price though (which I was surprised by), so you pay $20/mo for it if you have a bundle.

I've had Lite since it came out earlier this year. The downside of their system not supporting it automatically is that once you're on it, you can't make ANY changes to your TV package online. You have to contact them by phone or chat.

Yeah, pre-approved multiplex channels (of which the Sportsnet and TSN channels are considered, along with TMN and Super Channel) don't have to be sold separately. No new such multiplex channels will be approved though.
interesting with telus pricing of the sports channels.

I talked to telus support. here's the answer I received:

for sports you can have all sports (both TSN and Sportsnet) for $14.

you can also order just the sportsnet pack but we will charge you $14. you can also just order the tsn pack but we will charge you $14. So you are better off with all the sports channels because we will not charge less for the sportsnet or tsn pack.

Basically telus is charging such a high price for each pack that the consumer is offered no real choice but to get all the sports channels.

I firmly believe this is not competitive pricing or that telus is offering fair pricing. vmedia is charging $10 for the sportsnet pack and shaw is charging $8. why is telus charging $14?
post #238 of 250 (permalink) Old 2017-01-09, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jathakore View Post
vmedia is charging $10 for the sportsnet pack and shaw is charging $8. why is telus charging $14?
Because Telus charge everyone for both TSN and SpostsNet :

Seriously, they don't have to justify their logic, or lack thereof. They are selling, you are buying. If they don't get enough buyers they will have to correct their approach. For now, seems that what they are doing works for them.
post #239 of 250 (permalink) Old 2017-01-09, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
You should look at Rogers Toronto - TSN pack is $18. SN pack is $15. Both in a big pack is $25 (including 4K and other minor channels.) I don't know if anyone actually pays that because many packages include those channels and it would be less expensive to get a package than the "minimum" plus some sports channels.

TV Packages | Starter, Select, Popular and Premier | Rogers

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #240 of 250 (permalink) Old 2017-01-23, 02:47 PM
Veteran

Question with regards to the Telus change to the Bundle Discount rate (TELUS Bundle Discount rate changes | Support | TELUS.com)

Would this be considered a change to the contract? If so, is it possible to get out of the contract now because of it?

A couple years back, Telus changed the whole text message thing to the US. Because they changed that contract, I was able to cancel one of my handset contracts with no penalties. Does anyone know if that could be done in this case as well?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in