Optik Xbox picture problems/issues (Choppy) - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2011-02-23, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Exclamation Optik Xbox picture problems/issues (Choppy)

Hi all

I've been having some issues with the video feed on my Xbox 360 that plays my Optik TV. Randomly, the feed (video and audio) will become extremely choppy and will sometimes freeze completely for several seconds at a time. This appears to be completely random and doesn't appear to happen in any type of pattern.
I've checked the same channels at the same time on my PVR which has no issues. I called Telus service with negative results. They had me reset everything including the xbox, pvr and modem. The also reset some things on their end which worked until the time I hung up with them.
The Modem is in a separate room and the Xbox is connected through the coax which is through the wall direct to where it is converted to Ethernet just prior to being connected to the xbox.
Does anyone know what my problem is? before I start buying new cabling or signal amplifiers for the coax.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2011-02-24, 03:24 AM

Why don't you just have Telus come out and fix the issue for you? Free service calls for Optik as far as I know.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2011-02-26, 07:28 PM
Rookie

I am having the same proplem with my optik xbox,it must be the xbox getting choppy and stuck.I just had telus come out and check and replace the little modem,but did not work.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2011-02-26, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

I've called them several times now too. I have an appointment next week and I'm sure they'll do the same thing (replace the box). It seems to me that Telus has no idea what the problem is and i'm afraid i'm going to be stuck with it for a while.
Guess I'll hope for the best next week.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2011-03-11, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Ok so the appointment has come and gone. The tech changed all of the coax connectors and said that would fix it. A few days later and I'm watching the hockey game again with the same choppy problem.
Anything I can do? I'm getting tired of calling telus, waiting a week for an appointment and having nothing get fixed. I cannot be the only one having this problem.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2011-03-12, 12:49 AM
Rookie

Im having sort of the same problem but a little worse...

I just had Telus Optik Installed yesterday, the tech replaced the new reciever he had just put in cause it started to pixelate, and freeze. he said it was the receiver, and he changed it. the second one worked fine for 2 hours then my Modem dropped connection to internet. I rebooted the modem and everything started to work for another 2 hours. then it started to pixelate again, but by that time i had to go to bed for work. Today i came home and found the Receiver completely turned off (no Lights) and i tried turning it on by pressing the button on the box, but no go. So I unplugged the box and re plugged it after 10 seconds and now i dont even get a guide or anything just a black screen. I called Telus Tech and they got me to factory reset the box and now it has been 1 hour and 20 mins so far and its not done resetting itself, its taking forever, but the rep said "factory reset works 95% of the time" and if id didnt work a tech has to come back here on the 13th or later. im going to break the contract if this doesnt work.. I only had this service for 1 day, and my Wife is sounding right about Telus so far.

I'll let you guys know what happens when the factory reset finishes.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 2011-03-12, 01:19 AM
Rookie

Okay now its been 2 hours and it is only done like 33%...... This better work...
I remember the Tech telling me it will take up to 30mins.. dead wrong already..

I'll message when its done...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 2011-03-12, 04:03 AM
Rookie

Well its been 5 hours and now it has a red "X" on the screen... this Sucks.. Im going to call them Later. This service hasnt even ran Properly in 24 hours after the install..

Tags
freeze , optik , problem , xbox 360

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in