Telus 2011 programming packages and pricing discussion - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 125 (permalink) Old 2011-03-14, 05:10 PM

They've just made updates to pricing using the Xbox as a set top box.

I can't find it on the site yet, but new and existing clients will see their digital service fee for using the xbox as a STB go from $5 to $0 as of March 13th.

However, now clients looking to use their xbox as a STB will have to pay the 1 time charge of 50.00 for the xbox starter kit.

My opinions and time are all my own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 125 (permalink) Old 2011-03-16, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x katt x View Post
new and existing clients will see their digital service fee for using the xbox as a STB go from $5 to $0 as of March 13th.

However, now clients looking to use their xbox as a STB will have to pay the 1 time charge of 50.00 for the xbox starter kit.
That pricing model makes much more sense. Charging $5 per month for an XBOX that you own didn't make sense.
post #63 of 125 (permalink) Old 2011-03-16, 02:43 PM

I got my xbox back in October and have paid about 30 in xbox digital service fees since. In a way, I got my xbox starter kit at a discounted rate.

I'm glad they changed it up. It does make sense doing it this way long term.

post #64 of 125 (permalink) Old 2011-03-18, 01:19 PM

Called today and signed up on the 15/15/15 plan (still available if you ask). 1st month is all TV for free, then 6 months at 15/15/15, or equivalent value if you opt for a bigger package.

Getting installed next Wed. I bought my PVR and HD box from Future Shop, but forgot to mention the $50 credit on the phone, can this be applied later?

I'm in a 3HD/1SD zone so I can't wait.

I asked about contract promos, they will do free PVR rental for a 3 yr contract, but had nothing to offer (Xbox 360 or otherwise) for internet. Oh well, no contract is fine by me, I have 3 TV/Internet/Phone providers in my area so I don't expect to be paying full price for anything for some time.
post #65 of 125 (permalink) Old 2011-03-18, 02:38 PM

Hey, Warren.

Doesn't hurt to call back once the order is placed and confirm they remembered the 50 programing credit from your grab and go offer if you're unsure they added it.

With the 15/15/15 promo, they cannot combine it with the xbox offer.

Your plan should be combinable with the EasyPC offer, though They would just need to make sure you have a creditcard, no HS in the past 90 days, agree to a 2 year term and you'd need to pay 15 on top of your HS costs for the 2 years. You have 90 days from install to request the promotion to be added to the account.

I remember hearing you can be disqualified if you've had a hs term/gift in the past, but theres nothing in that promotions eligibility requirements referencing that as a disqualifyer...

post #66 of 125 (permalink) Old 2011-03-18, 02:52 PM

Thanks x katt x,

I don't think I'm interested in the EasyPC offer.

Am I entitled to a $50 credit for each box I've bought (2 total).

thanks.
post #67 of 125 (permalink) Old 2011-03-18, 03:50 PM

Even though you bought two boxes, they will only give you 1 $50.00 credit.

post #68 of 125 (permalink) Old 2011-03-21, 04:05 PM

More Increases Coming April 1

TELUS High Speed Internet Service Rate Change

Effective April 1, 2011 the regular monthly rate for TELUS High Speed Internet service will increase by $2/month.
If you are in a Rate Protection Plan, you will not be affected by this increase until your term expires. To see if you are in a High Speed Rate Protection Plan, please look for the phrase "Rate protection plan" beside the High Speed Internet item on your bill. Existing bundle discounts still apply.

TELUS Dial-up Internet Service Rate Change

Effective April 1, 2011 the regular monthly rate for TELUS Dial-up Internet service will increase by $2/month.

TELUS TV Rate Change

Effective April 1, 2011 the regular monthly rate for The Essentials will be $31/month.
If you are in a Rate Protection Plan, you will not be affected by this increase until your term expires. Existing bundle discounts still apply. To see if you are in a Essentials Rate Protection Plan, please look for the phrase “Essentials – 1/2/3 Year Term” beside the TELUS TV item on your bill. Existing bundle discounts still apply.

TELUS TV Super Channel and Movie Central Rate Change

Effective April 1, 2011 the regular monthly rate for Super Channel will increase by $1/month.
Also, effective April 1, 2011 the regular monthly rate for Movie Central will increase by $1/month.

TELUS TV individual Channel Rate Change

Effective April 1, 2011 the price for TELUS TV individual channel subscriptions will increase by $1/month per channel. If you subscribe to 3 or more individual channels, the total price increase for your individual programming will not exceed $3/month.

Thank you for choosing TELUS.
post #69 of 125 (permalink) Old 2011-04-04, 08:52 PM

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but as of April 1st the rental cost of non PVR stbs is being reduced from 10 per month to 5 per month.

for existing clients, this is going to happen automatically with updates over the next little while, but you can always call in and get them to change it manually if you want it done asap.

post #70 of 125 (permalink) Old 2011-04-05, 03:31 PM

Also on the Telus website, it says you get a free PVR rental and two free HD Digital box rentals on a 3 year contract. Will that apply to existing customers?
post #71 of 125 (permalink) Old 2011-04-05, 05:37 PM

Link?

The promotion we have going on right now is sign up on a three year term to get the pvr rental free and they will throw in the 2nd non PVR STB, but you still have to pay for the 3rd box if it's a rental.

This is a sweetner deal for new clients only.

post #72 of 125 (permalink) Old 2011-04-05, 05:57 PM

Quote:
This is a sweetner deal for new clients only.
I'm pretty sure that if you currently don't have a contract, you will get the same deal without much effort.
post #73 of 125 (permalink) Old 2011-04-05, 06:39 PM

For new clients only is their official standpoint, but it doesn't hurt to ask for it if your an existing client looking to go on a term, even if front line has to connect you with loyalty for it. I'm sure they'd be happy to waive 5 bucks a month if it meant you would stay/sign up with us.

post #74 of 125 (permalink) Old 2011-04-05, 10:02 PM

Its not hard at all, I have no contracts and have a HD box free for as long as I'm a customer. My PVR and second HD box were free from an undisclosed source

Samsung UN65MU8000|Elite VSX-43|PolkAudio RC80i|Velodyne VDR-12
Samsung UN55KU6290
LG 55LE5500
post #75 of 125 (permalink) Old 2011-04-16, 12:07 PM

billing errors and other items

Do watch your bill. Was charged 21.00 for the movie 6 pack even though I have 9 themes. Was corrected. Lost TV and internet for more the 24 hours due to a loose wire in the box down the street. Tech said my modem was making odd noised on connecting to the system so wound up with the new actiontec modem. Pleased with it. Odd thing after the call to billing department then Super channel came on line. Didn't ask for it. Do like the VOD especially the Super Channel HD. Is it on free preview? See the SD is much improved over a month ago or so ago. The HD has a way to go. The same channel compared to OTA the black levels are more gray and has less contrast. All in all still quite pleased

Cheers
Closed Thread

Tags
channel , optik , telus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in