OPTIK TV & Harmony Remote - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-01-05, 11:58 PM
Veteran

I was about to say the favorites list is usually just for channels - not functions (like recordings), but then I realized Channel 1 technically works for that.

I just played around in an image editor and came up with the attached logo. If I had Photoshop installed right now I'd make a better one, but this may do in a pinch.

I have the 700, and after completely overhauling my commands and such for the new sound system I'm using, think I've pretty much gone through everything that my remote lets me customize. Feel free to ask any other questions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg recorded_TV.jpg (9.1 KB, 99 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-22, 11:27 PM

Question

My Harmony 650 has started acting strange, all of a sudden it will not change channels.. sometimes. BUT.. one of the strange things is that it is now (occasionally when it acts up) shows the volume level on the TV. This is a feature I lost when I started using a Panasonic sound bar. The volume / mute work just fine.. except there is no feed back as to the levels.

So.. assuming I fix the "acting up" part.. HOW can I get the thing to show sound levels on my LG screen. Anyone else able to have the sound level show on screen when using a sound bar.. I know that there are some brands with features that evidently will, selectable from settings on the LG screen. My Panasonic is not one of those and is set as external speakers.

Thanks for your time
Cheers
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-23, 01:22 AM

Your 650 configuration may have changed. Connect your 650 to your PC and re-configure it again.

I have a Panasonic sound bar with Samsung TV. Therefore, the volume level cannot be displayed on non-Panasonic TV.

When you see the volume level on TV, I don't think the sound is coming out of your sound bar. You are controlling the TV speakers.

post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-23, 09:37 AM

Thank you for the response. I agree that I will have to re configure the remote. I did not think to check where the "sound" was coming from, the lights (my only indication of a volume adjustment) were moving in concert with my pushing the volume control. The location of the indication on the screen was in a different place while this happens. As well the settings on the TV have not changed to reflect using the TV speakers vs the external speakers..
Strange!
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-23, 12:26 PM

You may have accidentally configured CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) over HDMI between your LG and Panasonic sound bar. CEC specification is a communication protocol over the HDMI cable.

Panasonic calls their CEC as VIERA Link.
LG calls their CEC as SimpLink .

Read your TV and sound bar manual whether they support CEC. If yes for both, you can control the Panasonic sound bar using LG remote. After getting them paired, you need to configure your Harmony remote so that the volume control command going to your TV - NOT to the sound bar.

Tags
remote , remote control

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in