Telus TV Complaint, Rant and Leaving Thread - Page 40 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #586 of 594 (permalink) Old 2018-10-08, 03:24 PM

It seems the last firmware update did a number on me too. A quick reboot on the modem, router, tv box and everything came back fine. Other than that my box has been good since it was installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #587 of 594 (permalink) Old 2018-10-08, 03:59 PM
s40

I don't know which box you have, but some of them will cause sound dropouts and the cure is to use the back button on the remote, that will take you ten seconds back and then it seems to cure the problem, I find that when I fast forward or rewind, every now and then I get sound drop outs-I then either hit the forward (30 seconds) button, or the back button (10 seconds) and the problem goes away until next time, the cure is the same each time though.
post #588 of 594 (permalink) Old 2018-10-14, 09:21 PM

Been having a brutal time with Telus since switching to Optik 4K a year ago last spring. We live in a reasonably well to do central Calgary neighbourhood, where, one would think, Telus would want to keep customers happy. We have had Telus internet since moving in in 1998. Always upgraded speeds when available, but the speeds here have always lagged elsewhere in the city, like we are last to get the infrastructure.

With the Optik 4K TV, I had to also get the 50 MB/s internet. At 78/month. If 150 was available, it would be 83/mo. My 25 mb/s at the cabin is 76/ month. Like, highway frigging robbery. I just got my maximum speed in Calgary boosted to 75 mb/s as that is the fastest available. At a $2 premium to what I was paying. No 150 yet.

On Friday I got an email saying Fibre was coming to my neighbourhood, call for your special offer. No one at Telus knew anything about it.

Unreal. And my Optik TV box loses connection to the PVR all the time. Had repairmen there 3 times so far and no satisfaction yet.

Losing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #589 of 594 (permalink) Old 2018-10-14, 11:13 PM

dufferdan, Have you had Telus techs come out and do some diagnostics? I had that bonded pair (50 meg) service for 3 years and it was perfect all that time . It consistently ran at 60 up and 11 down. I'm on 150 meg fibre now and a firmware upgrade screwed it up but a quick reboot of the system fixed it.
post #590 of 594 (permalink) Old 2019-03-12, 03:42 PM
Rookie

Called Telus to sign up for 4K TV for NHL playoffs. Telus is installing Fibre in Okotoks but I currently only have Internet 75. The agent tried to sign me up for a 2 year plan for TV and Internet. I explained that I had Shaw 600 and since Telus only has 75 now at my address, I only wanted Optic TV month to month for now. The agent said that would be $177 per month plus $150 installation. She then became impatient and said do you want it or not? I am currently with Shaw 600 and Bluesky with four themes. I pay $122 with Shaw for both TV And Internet combined. She offered Optic TV alone for $177 and wanted $150 for installation. At Shaw I never pay installation and their agents are polite. I declined.

After reading that the Telus TV is only 720p while Shaw is 1080i and that Telus picture quality is thus inferior, I am glad I declined. From the attitude and pressure from the Telus agent that basically said sign up for both internet Or go away we do not negotiate prices.

Thus I will never again consider Telus for any services again. Shaw has earned my business for good. I will not speak to the Rude Telus Agent again.
post #591 of 594 (permalink) Old 2019-03-12, 08:34 PM
Rookie

The settings for my 4k pvr list 1080i, 1080p and 2160p 4k.

From Telus website

https://www.telus.com/en/deals-and-b..._offer_default

First 6 months:
$90/mo.

($120/mo. for month 7 to 24; regular price thereafter, currently $155/mo.)

Order online and for a limited time get a $250 bill credit.

Includes You Pick 6 (Essentials channel pack + 6 theme packs of your choice)

Includes TELUS Internet 150

FREE 4K PVR rental, one wireless digital box rental and Advanced Wi-Fi modem rental for blazing-fast internet speeds3

Access to stunning 4K & 4K HDR entertainment

Package includes:

Optik TV. The best keeps getting better.

The most 4K and 4K HDR entertainment4, Including integration with Netflix

Restart live TV in progress or from the past 30 hours5

Access the largest On Demand library, including YouTube

Optik 4K PVR

Powerful, fast and ultra responsive

Supports playback of HDR content

Store up to 100 hours of 4K shows and movies

Record up to 5 HD programs at once