Mediaroom Future Upgrades - What do you hope for and expect? - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-10-21, 12:26 AM

Audio channels also now list whats playing on the channel.

Including artist,song , album.

If anyone ever bothers to listen to them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-10-24, 09:57 PM

Lots do, and they asked for the titles. That's why they're there now
post #33 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-10-25, 02:09 AM

I put on channel 307, and... nothing. No information, just a black screen, same as before. Are you talking about OTHER channels? These are the GALAXIE audio channels that I'm mentioning.

post #34 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-10-26, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kssxs View Post
I put on channel 307, and... nothing. No information, just a black screen, same as before. Are you talking about OTHER channels? These are the GALAXIE audio channels that I'm mentioning.
Actually, there are 2 ways to get to the Galaxie music channels. If you go through the channels (i.e. ch307) you won't get the song/artist info.

However, go to Menu -> Musicroom -> pick the same chanel by going through genre, etc. Then you'll get the song/artist info after about 30 seconds of being on a 'channel'.

Hope this helps!
post #35 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-11-01, 04:03 PM
Rookie

Remote PVR?

Hello. Do you think there will be a way to stream what is on your PVR to your iPhone or through a web browser? I love the fact I can schedule upcoming recordings/etc, but streaming would be a killer update! Thoughts?
post #36 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-11-01, 04:34 PM
Member #1

I'm sure the functionality exists today, its just not enabled.

post #37 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-11-02, 09:47 AM

@stevepet, Microsoft has announced that functionality in Mediaroom 2.0. Telus is working on implementing the new version, but it's a big job and will take a while.

I don't know if iPhone streaming will be supported. Microsoft has only announced support for Windows Phone 7. Also it will be up to Telus if it will enable the external streaming features.
post #38 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-11-02, 08:04 PM

streaming

Mediaroom 2.0 supports iis smooth streaming and yes Windows phone 7 has a mediaroom client that support streaming which at&t are deploying right now but.... Its not quite are easy as it all sounds. There are some challenges to overcome its expensive to implement encoders and streaming servers and secondly there are some content right challenges. In Canada the service provider is not allowed to record the channel for you however if the user intiates the recording ( aka PVR) then thats ok. So in order to implement this functionality the service proviers have to provide a mechanism where the user starts a recording on their pvr and at the same time this kicks off a recording of the same show in with playready drm and smooth streaming on the service providers servers, then when you want to play it back on a mobile device the show isnt actually coming from you pvr but streaming from servers instead. As far as the costs go you can imagine having to have space and encoder for smooth streaming for all the channels they have. It will happen and at&t are doing it but it will tkae a while.
post #39 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-11-05, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaroomrocks View Post
In Canada the service provider is not allowed to record the channel for you however if the user intiates the recording ( aka PVR) then thats ok.
Do you know what the restriction is? Is it copyright law, CRTC regulations or licencing contracts with the program providers? If it's copyright law, does the proposed copyright law change this?

Does this mean Microsoft Anytime will never happen in Canada?
post #40 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-11-09, 02:38 AM

crtc

Its both the CRTC and the content providers. It's no coincedence that cableco's are buying up content.
post #41 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-11-10, 04:38 PM

New version of iPhone app out today. Channel skip bar in the guide is most appreciated!
post #42 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-11-10, 04:56 PM

The channel skip bar is much better than before, now they need to chop chop with an Android version
post #43 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-11-12, 01:29 AM
Veteran

I wish the STBs would also act as media player from UPnP devices. Like playing stored videos on my Dlink DNS-323. Would eliminate having a 2nd box for that purpose.
post #44 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-11-18, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcP View Post
I wish the STBs would also act as media player from UPnP devices. Like playing stored videos on my Dlink DNS-323. Would eliminate having a 2nd box for that purpose.
That may be coming in future verisions. I think there was talk of Mediaroom being able to see Windows 7 PCs on teh same network and being able to view content from those PCs media storage areas like "my pictures" and "my videos". Not sure when it will be here, or if it will be, but it would be a good feature.

- another TELUS tech
post #45 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-11-27, 01:24 PM

I just want them to bring back "View all/View Subscribed" options they had with iMagic/minerva

Customizing favorites is tedious.

Tags
media center , mediaroom , microsoft , telus , upgrade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in