Mediaroom Future Upgrades - What do you hope for and expect? - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-07-07, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcP View Post
I'd like episodes of the same shows to be grouped together instead of just one massive list of all recordings. That list can get long fast when you start storing series to catch up with later. I'd like the main list to show the shows I have recorded and when I select a show, then I'm shown all episodes recorded.
If you sort programs by name, they are grouped together in the recording list.

Pioneer PDP-5020FD Onkyo TX-SR875 Paradigm Loudspeakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-07-07, 03:29 PM

@MarcP

If you set up the recording as "record series" then all the recordings will be in a folder showing the program title, the number of episodes recorded, and the date of the most recent episode in the folder. Mediaroom will create the folder when you have at least 2 episodes in the series.

When you press OK on the program title, you will see a list showing the episode title and recording date.

If you cancel your series recording and recreate it, even with the same channel and time, it will create a new series folder.

If you record individual episodes they will show up in the main list as separate programs - not as a series. They will show the program title, episode and date on one line.

@slimpack

I missed auto-tune at first when I switched to Mediaroom. Now I just schedule everything I want to watch by recording it. Then I can skip commercials and don't have to worry about missing my programs if I go out or get home later than planned.
post #18 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-07-07, 04:31 PM

I did notice some shows that I recorded appeared in different folders but hat may be due to the title appearing in the name. Generally the shows on the U.S. commercial networks comply as do the Canadian ones. The odd CBC, PBS and Knowledge channels sometimes don't work.

post #19 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-08-30, 08:29 PM

Any word on the timing of an update?
post #20 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-08-30, 09:55 PM

The only problem I seem to be having is recording a show like Masterchef and having it setup to only record on that day each week.

The other thing that is a little confusing is how it shows "FOX HD EAST" on the logo for the menu but when you search and are searching for a specific show in HD, it will show up as : KCPQ-TD or something along those lines.

I get that it's regional and depends on which american HD feed it represents but it's confusing.

If they could improve that about the guide, then there isnt much left.

One other thing I still liked more about Bell was the PiP function. You could essentially be watching one channel and when you hit swap, you could rewind that channel as well. Great for when you're watching hockey.

Minor complaints really.
post #21 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-09-13, 09:59 AM

Just wondering if there is a feature that allows you to determine how many episodes to record before deleting....say for instance...if I record Seinfeld every day I do not need to have more than 10 or so at a time...is it possible to set it to auto delete after 10 episodes? I thought I read something about this earlier but can't seem to find it. Thanks.
post #22 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-09-13, 11:39 AM

@schizz, see post 11 in this thread. MTS will be installing these features starting this week. I'll report on my experience once I get the update.
post #23 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-09-13, 11:48 AM

My only wish, was if your watching an HD show that is currently recording, and that show ends and a new HD show begins - that it didn't punt you to the screen that says all HD services are currently in use.. (1hd,2sd 15 mb profile)
post #24 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-09-13, 02:05 PM

thanks for the info dr. dave...hopefully telus incorporates this soon. Its not something vital to me but would make it easier to control which programs get deleted first.
post #25 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-09-13, 11:11 PM

anyone aware if they plan on, or if there is a way to disable the "jump back" they have when you forward recorded programs?

Very annoying.
post #26 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-10-19, 09:54 AM

Mediaroom version 1.6.25314

Telus is on Mediaroom version 1.6.25075. MTS was on the same version and has upgraded to version 1.6.25314, which Bell also uses. AT&T also has the following features:
  • Set a maximum number of episodes within a series that your PVR will record and store
  • Decide which series recordings will have a priority in case of recording conflict
  • Delete all recorded episodes of a series at one time on your PVR
  • View favourites or add a channel to your favourites list using the Options button on the remote control.
Keep at Most - Options of 1,2,3,5,7, or 14 episodes. Or "keep all until I erase".

Series Priority - The Series Priority screen allows you to highlight a series recording and move it up, down or to the top of the priority list.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2010-10-19 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Clarification
post #27 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-10-19, 10:45 AM

I know there are some members of this board that work for Telus... Can you guys not give us an update schedule? It would be nice to know when features are coming.
post #28 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-10-19, 11:42 AM

I don't know if Telus has a firm update schedule. They may go to 1.6.25075, or they may go to a later version of 1.6 that AT&T is running. They may even go to a 2.0 version of the client.
post #29 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-10-19, 10:35 PM

generally, not necessarily in this case, any future plans in regards to upgrades etc are kept quiet until they are released or very close to being released.

will there be upgrades? yes
what and when? TBA

****telus employee, but my views are all my own*****
post #30 of 136 (permalink) Old 2010-10-20, 02:12 PM

Minor update rolling out now. Adds some French language and some channel logos.

Old version: 1.6.25075.1223
New version: 1.6.25075.1229

Reboot to get the update right away, or the box will do it itself over the next few days.

Tags
media center , mediaroom , microsoft , telus , upgrade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in