GH w/ Grid Screen 36" x 20" - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 2019-11-17, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

GH w/ Grid Screen 36" x 20"

I built a version of the original GH w/ all 7" elements (#8 solid Cu wire) + Tophats ( 6.7" center ,3.5" @ 45 degrees , 8.15" Tails for a total length of 30") . I retrofitted this build in front of a 36" x 20" Grid Screen (1" x 2" ) from an old 4-Bay Bowtie similar to CM4221 . The tophats are in the same plane as the Zig-Zag elements which are 4.5" in front of the screen. The goal of this build is a backup indoor antenna facing south on second floor , for real RF channels 24 ,26 ,36 , + VHF 10 . Reception of the UHF is great w/ RCA U-V amp , signals rated @ -76dBm per tvfool , 2 edge . Channel 10 is marginal @ screen facing south .
My outdoor main antenna is a CM 4228a w/ Winegard LNA200 pointed at 116 degrees for the rest of my stations.
My question : Your History folder shows grid screens of 36" x 40" , Split and solid . Do you have any NEC2 analysis available for a geometry similar to mine , or these old designs ? I am curious how much net gain I am not getting . When I eventually place my new build GH outside , I would like best performance on all UHF 15 through 36 + VHF 8 and 10. That new build will likely be GH4n3 when I can tolerate reflectors 50" in total width . Can you publish any of the NEC2 analysis and geometry from your older GH antennas in front of a Grid ?
About me : Retired RF Engineer; first Yagi build in 1973 ! No RFtest equipment , or Analysis Software , yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in