4bay m4 modified reflector - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2019-09-17, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

4bay m4 modified reflector

NOT NEW JUST SELDOM POST have been a member since 2013 as Soroco but had trouble with sign in so rejoined as Elkson Have built many of your ideas in the last 6 years with varying success Have just finished a 4 bay bow tie (M4) with a holey reflector 1x2 cut to back each 10 inch whisker the vacant space saved 1# The channels I receive 22 always 5, 17 often 2, 20, 30, occasionally 28, 39 heavy Tropo only. Thinking of putting a stealth hawk loop on top so when I sight antenna I will still receive 22 What do you think. 10 miles south of Sparta TN 38583 My tropo is black or purple from now to Sunday, I know TVFOOL says location is hopeless but the proof is in the watching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2019-09-18, 11:04 AM
DHC Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkson View Post
The channels I receive 22 always 5, 17 often 2, 20, 30, occasionally 28, 39 heavy Tropo only. Thinking of putting a stealth hawk loop on top so when I sight antenna I will still receive 22 What do you think. 10 miles south of Sparta TN 38583 My tropo is black or purple from now to Sunday, I know TVFOOL says location is hopeless but the proof is in the watching.
You haven't posted a TVFool report yet, but a report based on an estimate (guess) of your location looks like this:
TV Fool

A report for the same estimated location from rabbitears.info looks like this:
https://www.rabbitears.info/searchma...study_id=12306

RabbitEars says WWWB is off the air:
https://www.rabbitears.info/market.p...&callsign=WWWB

Signal reports for weak signals can be very wrong. But, as you said, the tuner decides if the signal is good enough to be received at any particular time.

If you can not measure it, you can not improve it.
Lord Kelvin, 1883

Last edited by rabbit73; 2019-09-18 at 11:24 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2019-09-18, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

The antenna works but not as well as the Yagi a 20% loss of signal and will only pickup 22. Same location same height 30 mins to exchange. I gave you the general area for you use I have had an icon with my location on my computer for the last 6 years every time I exchange antennas I check for changes. The repack did not change anything here. Rotor has stopped working think I'll buy a 20 dollar lava style and mount my Yagi on top of it if it takes to long for me to repair it. My Yagi has a 14" folded dipole with 8 directors with boom mounted 1/16" above top and feed points 1/4" from end of boom.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2019-09-18, 01:01 PM
DHC Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkson View Post
The antenna works but not as well as the Yagi a 20% loss of signal and will only pickup 22. Same location same height 30 mins to exchange.
So, the Yagi beats the 4-Bay; that's interesting.
Quote:
I gave you the general area for you use I have had an icon with my location on my computer for the last 6 years every time I exchange antennas I check for changes.
Well, you know what a signal report for your location looks like, but I don't.
Quote:
The repack did not change anything here.
If you look at the righthand Repack Info column of the rabbitears report, you will see a lot of Repack changes.
Quote:
My Yagi has a 14" folded dipole with 8 directors with boom mounted 1/16" above top and feed points 1/4" from end of boom.
No reflector? Did you build the Yagi or buy it? Can you show us a photo of the Yagi?

If you can not measure it, you can not improve it.
Lord Kelvin, 1883
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2019-09-18, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

the reflector is 1x2" mash it is 11"hx10"w 5 above 5 below. homemade. cutting board insulators. Thinking of adding vhfhi on backside to see if I can pickup 9,12 and 13 from Chattannoga look on 285 and hickory valley rd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in