SW44 switch discussion - Page 66 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #976 of 982 (permalink) Old 2015-11-19, 11:32 AM

The pin that goes into the Power Inserter, pushes in, then turns Clockwise to lock in position. Then it is very important that the coax from that Inserter, feeds into Port 1 of the SW44, into any other will result in the errors you are getting.

When installed correctly they can function for many years without problems.

I would always recommend a Check Switch after any kind of power outage just to reset the system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #977 of 982 (permalink) Old 2015-12-11, 10:08 AM
Rookie

I have a 9241 installed using a SW44 switch. Last night it lost all signal on both satellites for no reason and has not come back. No storm, dish hasn't moved. I have done numerous reboots, nothing. When I do a check switch it still finds the SW44 and OK on both 91 and 82. I have had the power inserter fail in the past. Is this my problem or something else?
post #978 of 982 (permalink) Old 2015-12-11, 11:08 AM

If you get OK on Both Sats then I would say the Power Inserter and SW44 are working.

I take it that there is no signal strength when you go to the Point Dish Screen then?

Do you have other receivers in the house ? Are they working ?

post #979 of 982 (permalink) Old 2015-12-11, 11:29 AM
Rookie

Correct, 0% signal strength on either sat. One other receiver in the house and it is not working either shows the same thing, 0%. Strange part is that we were watching TV one minute and then 0 the next.
post #980 of 982 (permalink) Old 2015-12-11, 04:45 PM

1) Try disconnecting both lines from your receiver and do a check switch and save results, then reconnect and do another checkswitch and save results, if this doesn't help then,

2) Try bypassing the switch and connect directly to the lnb by using two for-81 barrel connectors. If you connect both tuners to either lnb you will only get that satellite either 91 or 82 and do a check switch and save the fewer satellites than before. The receiver will reboot and load those channels received. Make sure the inserter is no longer connected.
91 has mostly SD channels 82 Has mostly HD channels. If this works then it probably isn't the receiver, and you will have to troubleshoot to see if it is the inserter or the switch.

If Life is a Highway,...then why is there no end to this dirtroad?
post #981 of 982 (permalink) Old 2015-12-11, 05:25 PM
Rookie

Thank you both for the help. Spent the afternoon troubleshooting and found the cable between the SW44 and the power inserter had a cut in it. Moisture must have got in and corroded or started shorting out. Changed the cable and signal is back on both sats. Frustrating problem to find, but easy fix once.
post #982 of 982 (permalink) Old 2015-12-11, 06:25 PM

Glad you found it.

Tags
belltv , multiswitch , newbie , sw44

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in