Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON - Sharp Aquos 52" LCD - Bell 9200, 4x5900, 3x3100, E50 DVD-R, Harmony 880, Garmin C550
1) Yes, possible. Is it installed the correct way? It could be defective, installed incorrectly or have a power supply problem. Incorrectly attahing the power supply is an easy and common mistake. Unlikely though if other units run properly.
2) Also possible, but again unlikely.
Since your other receiver(s) are working though and I assume correctly detect the SW44 switch and provide access to all channels, the most likely cause is the inserter itself and/or the cable from the inserter to the receiver.
- a different receiver connected to the power inserter feed
- swap out the inserter (borrow from a friend)
- replace the connector on the cable running from the inserter (ensure the centre core isn't too long or too short)
Depending on the number of tuners/receivers, I'm not sure that you actually need a receiver on port 1 (never tried without) but if you only need 3, then it may be worth a shot.