Bell 9241 HD receiver installation
A few questions as I am struggling with the installation of my new 9241 bell receiver...here is what I have :
Sat dish with 3 outs to receiver (2 from sat 91 and 1 from sat 82). 9241 receiver has 2 inputs at the back (SAT #1 and SAT #2).
Here is an email/answer I found in a forum (this one was for a 4 cables coming out of the dish...myself I have only 3 cables possible):
I do lots of installs, follow this easy procedure;
1. DISCONNECT both sat lines from your receiver. Do a Check Switch test, which will fail (showing X's). Reconnect the two cables.
2. At the dish, Disconnect one 91 cable from an SW21 switch and connect it to one of the lines going to your receiver using a barrel connector. You cannot have a switch connected when trying to find satellite signal.
3. Make sure you know which line it is (Input 1 or Input 2)
4. Go to the Dish Pointing screen (Menu, 6, 1, 1)
5. Select Bell 91, select Transponder 23. DO NOT use Transponder 11, it is not working properly.
6. SLOWLY readjust your dish until you find the 91 signal. Get the strength as high as possible.
7. Once found, connect the 91 line back onto the SW21 switch.
8. Disconnect an 82 line from the SW21, and connect it directly to your receiver using the barrel connector (no switch).
9 Now go to Dish Pointing screen again, select Bell 82 Transponder 15. You should have a signal strength of over 90%.
10. Once all this is complete, reconnect the 82 line to the SW21 switch.
11. MAKE SURE the two 91 lines are connected to Dish 1 of each SW21 switch, the two 82 lines are connected to Dish 2 of each SW21 switch.
12. Do another Check Switch on your receiver, and both inputs should work.
I guess I should follow the above but as I have 3 outs.....should only have one SW21 ?
Need to have both 91 and 82 sat signal in/green label ?
Need to get 91 sat locked first then 82 ?
Thank you in advance.