92XX/94XX Installation 101 - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 1994 (permalink) Old 2005-06-28, 12:18 PM

i still see the same problem happening that has happened in the past. Tons of the 'No Sticker' boxes around for new subs but none for existing customers. Just because of a sticker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1994 (permalink) Old 2005-06-28, 12:25 PM
Q
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclaringbold
i still see the same problem happening that has happened in the past. Tons of the 'No Sticker' boxes around for new subs but none for existing customers. Just because of a sticker.
It very well could. Lets hope it doesn't and if it does they are quick to add stickers.
post #63 of 1994 (permalink) Old 2005-06-28, 02:07 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckster
New EVU customers - no sticker

Existing EVU customers - "Existing Customer Sticker"
Thanks Deckster, it would seem strange to me that they would do this simply to control inventory levels?

And as an existing customer, why would I want to buy a 9200 box if I were permitted to buy a 9220 and get a SW44 included? (Even if I already had one, I could sell it Ebay - unless a 9200 was all that was available.)

post #64 of 1994 (permalink) Old 2005-06-28, 03:02 PM

Another 9200 Installation question

I haven't seen this installation variation discussed yet.

I currently have a single 5200 receiver, with a single cable coming down from the dish. I've upgraded the dish from the original 18" to 21"

The DPP LNB and seperator approach would be ideal for me but the question is:

Are the dual satellite dishes any different from the regular i.e. are they elliptical?

If they are the same, it sounds like all I would need is the 9200 and seperately buy the DPP gear. If the dish shape is different, then apparently I would need the 9220 complete with dish and then decide whether I would prefer to string 3 more cables, or spend a little more for the DPP setup.

Hope this makes sense.
post #65 of 1994 (permalink) Old 2005-06-28, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042
Example #4- Installing with 2 SW21 Switches
This is how you would do the install if you are buying a 9220 package from Bell, this is your only receiver, and you want to use the components that Bell supplies you. Because the 9220 isn't out yet, I'm going on the assumption that Bell will give us 2 Dual LNB's, and 2 SW21's.

Each of the LNB's will point to one satellite, so you use the switches as if you are combining the signal. So a line goes from each LNB into each of the switches, then each of the cables coming out of both switches goes into the receiver.
[/IMG]
So, since my current installation for my 6000 is exactly as shown in the diagram, but with only a cable running from one of the SW21's all I need to do is run a 2nd cable from the other SW21. Correct?

WOW TV is here! NTSC RIP!
Shaw Direct/Bell TV/Telus Optik
post #66 of 1994 (permalink) Old 2005-06-28, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDefBob
So, since my current installation for my 6000 is exactly as shown in the diagram, but with only a cable running from one of the SW21's all I need to do is run a 2nd cable from the other SW21. Correct?
Yes, thats correct.
post #67 of 1994 (permalink) Old 2005-06-28, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Premium Supporter

Bob, yes that is correct; assuming you aren't planning on using the 6000 anymore.

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't."
post #68 of 1994 (permalink) Old 2005-06-28, 03:33 PM
Q
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman
I currently have a single 5200 receiver, with a single cable coming down from the dish. I've upgraded the dish from the original 18" to 21"
The 5200 needs two lines. how do you have one?
post #69 of 1994 (permalink) Old 2005-06-28, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoe
The 5200 needs two lines. how do you have one?
Damn - I mistyped 5200 instead of 5100 Here's my corrected post:
==========================================================
I haven't seen this installation variation discussed yet.

I currently have a single 5100 receiver, with a single cable coming down from the dish. I've upgraded the dish from the original 18" to 21"

The DPP LNB and seperator approach would be ideal for me but the question is:

Are the dual satellite dishes any different from the regular i.e. are they elliptical?

If they are the same, it sounds like all I would need is the 9200 and seperately buy the DPP gear. If the dish shape is different, then apparently I would need the 9220 complete with dish and then decide whether I would prefer to string 3 more cables, or spend a little more for the DPP setup.

Hope this makes sense.
post #70 of 1994 (permalink) Old 2005-06-28, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Premium Supporter

OK, so you are planning on keeping the 5100, I assume?

Then yes, install the DPP Twin. Run 1 line to the 5100. Run the other line into the seperator, then the 2 lines from it into the 9200. Let me know if this isn't clear; and I can put together one of my diagrams tonight when I get home. (I can't get to Photobucket from work.)

Now, with the 21" dish- could it be 20"? I ask because Bell doesn't make a 21" dish. What I am really looking for is this: is there a "Y" adapter for 2 LNB's on it?

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't."
post #71 of 1994 (permalink) Old 2005-06-29, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042
OK, so you are planning on keeping the 5100, I assume?

Then yes, install the DPP Twin. Run 1 line to the 5100. Run the other line into the seperator, then the 2 lines from it into the 9200. Let me know if this isn't clear; and I can put together one of my diagrams tonight when I get home. (I can't get to Photobucket from work.)

Now, with the 21" dish- could it be 20"? I ask because Bell doesn't make a 21" dish. What I am really looking for is this: is there a "Y" adapter for 2 LNB's on it?
I'm actually going to pass the 5100 on to a family member so I'll still only have the one receiver. There's a single cable to it from where the line enters the house so I figure that with a seperator I can just run two lines from the seperator to the 9200 (easier than pulling another cable thru the basement).

The dish is a single LNB and you're probly right about it being 20". No Y adapter. So my guess is, I have to swap the dish - right?
post #72 of 1994 (permalink) Old 2005-06-29, 07:44 AM

Here's a link to the manual for the 9200:
http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads...User_Guide.pdf

Its a link to Dish's 942 which is the same unit as the 9200.

Looks to be quite the system, note the single / dual mode switch.
post #73 of 1994 (permalink) Old 2005-06-29, 08:15 AM

Still confused!!

Ken, first off thank you for the great setup info!!!
I have to say that I am still a little confused after reading all of the responses to this thread.
I have a 3100 and a 6100, a 20" dish with 2 dual output LNBs and 2 SW22s.
Are you saying that I can only use a separator on one of these lines if I change to a different type of LNB?
Sheesh, I have only had my 6100 for about 8 months now, had to pay for an installer to move the dish to the roof because of a line of sight issue to sat 82, and now I will probably have to get someone up on the roof again AND maybe run another line into the house?
I am wondering if this is going to really be worth the bother!

Thanks!

Andrew
post #74 of 1994 (permalink) Old 2005-06-29, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiolab
Are you saying that I can only use a separator on one of these lines if I change to a different type of LNB?
Andrew that is the only way you are going to be able to use the separator is to go with at least the DPP-Twin (if you are only going to use two receivers). The other thing is that BEV at this time does not officially support DP technology, so if you have technical problems then they most likely will not help you as you would not be using their authorized hardware.

That being said, what is more of a problem, running a second line to the 9200 or buying and installing the DPP-Twin & separator?

BTW you also have to have RG6 cable rated at 2200ghz installed to use the single line/separator. This is due to the freqency that is used to send/separate the signals.

Alt
post #75 of 1994 (permalink) Old 2005-06-29, 08:40 AM
DHC Veteran

I'll be going with diagram #1.

I'm the one who won the e-bay bidding for the Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB with two seperators, (final cost about $71CAN,) so I'll be sticking with just two lines coming into the house.

Looking forward to getting this receiver.

Tags
9200 , 9242 , belltv , dpp33 , dpp44 , expressvu , installation , sw44

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in