Dish Tailgater Antenna - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 2011-08-30, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

Dish Tailgater Antenna

The Tailgater is not only one of the lowest-priced portable satellite antennas on the market but also one of the easiest to use. Weighing in at just 10 pounds, the Tailgater automatically locates satellite positions, which means that there's no need for manual antenna adjustment. The Tailgater easily connects to a small, sleek DISH Network set-top box and TV. Within minutes, customers will be able to enjoy their favorite channels in high definition.

"Tailgaters across the country have wanted an easy way to watch their games in HD, and now they can through DISH Network's Tailgater - the best value for a portable satellite TV antenna on the market," said Ira Bahr, Chief Marketing Officer for DISH Network. "The Tailgater's simple set-up combined with full access to DISH Network's programming packages at convenient month-to-month pricing makes it the best 'TV-on-the-go' option for outdoor enthusiasts."

The Tailgater costs $350 and works with DISH Network's ViP 211k (msrp:$149) single-tuner HD receiver. For added flexibility, DISH Network offers customers a convenient solution that allows them to pay month-to-month for programming, ensuring they only pay for the service when in use. Current DISH Network customers can use their existing account to service the Tailgater system. An additional outlet fee may apply.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 2011-08-30, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

Maybe someday in Canada?

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 2011-08-30, 06:24 PM
Rookie

Only after I watch Pink Pigs fly over Wynford Drive.....lol

The chances are slim, as Bell seem to discourage customers from moving receivers around the country.

Even having a system installed in an RV, calls for the Home Receiver to be disconnected while you go across country and if you left the kids at home and they want to watch TV, you will need two separate accounts.

It would be nice if Bell trusted their customers a little more.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 2011-08-31, 12:16 AM

I wonder what the housing is made out of. I wouldn't want a hailstorm to pass by when I'm watching TV.

It's a cool little unit. I do hope it makes it way up here. I suppose I'm asking for too much then.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 2011-08-31, 12:54 PM

my question here is what happens if someone tries to use it here, i have a feeling that it isn't just for dish network it would be made to work here, isn't the software inside smart enough to know what satellite is being asked of at the time of channel change? Or is this controlled by the reacivers software internally and a certain comand is sent via the reaciver that out bell reacivers don't have in there software....only one way to find out!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 2011-08-31, 01:31 PM
Rookie

Quote:
works with DISH Network's ViP 211k
Looks like it is very specific to the one receiver to me.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 2011-08-31, 02:13 PM
Digital Sage

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 2011-08-31, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinza View Post
Looks like it is very specific to the one receiver to me.
woops didn't catch that line Pinza, wouldn't that mean a 6131 could work potentially if we have the proper software loaded ?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 2011-08-31, 04:33 PM
Rookie

You really are asking a lot from Bell aren't you.....lol

I guess if they really wanted to they could but I would most definitely NOT hold my breath.....lol
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 2011-08-31, 06:10 PM
Veteran

With the size of that, it would be almost as easy to bring an extra dish setup and stick it on a tripod or simply a pole hammered in the ground. It would cost a lot less, and would work fine with any Bell receiver. Sure, you would have to aim it, but a quick printout of where you are going to be, and a compass would have you in business in 5 minutes.

Tags
tailgater

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in