New Customer Self Installation Problems - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-06-22, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Question New Customer Self Installation Problems

Here's the deal. I have never subscribed to Bell ExpressVu before and I just bought three new receivers from London Drugs. Two are the HD PVR Plus receivers and one is the basic HD receiver (6131). None of the receivers came with smart cards, I thought that they required cards? Anyway, I have my antenna pointed to 91W as I believe I should have. When I go into the installations settings in the onscreen menu and view the signal strength meter, it shows around 70-75% and that I am locked on to the satellite. I can watch the free INFO channels but I can not watch any of the channels that I have subscribed to. Whats up with that?

Do I need to call Bell and request three cards, one for each of my new receivers? I've gone through the steps and think that I have downloaded the latest software. The onscreen tv guide has populated and seems complete but I can't view anything listed? I keep getting the error that I am not a subscriber - but I am. I activated an account with Bell this afternoon. Bell's customer service says that I did something wrong but I have installed dozens of systems over the years (never Bell though).

Anyone care to offer some advice? It will be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-06-22, 02:54 AM

First off the PVR 9241 and HD 6131 do not at this time require smart cards so don't worry about that. 70% to 75% signal sure is low for 91, are you sure your dish is properly aligned? You say you "activated an account with Bell this afternoon" but did you actually give them your Receiver# and Smart card# for each receiver and activate them as opposed to simply opening an account? The process is actually very easy so you shouldn't have any problems especially given that you have installed dozens of systems over the years.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-06-22, 03:50 AM

You'll also have to find satellite 82, as all the HD is on that satellite. Check out the installation forum for some tips. To get started, you may be able to activate your receivers without it though. You can activate your receivers on the phone or on the Bell website.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-06-23, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks guys. Yeah, they screwed things up on their end. This morning it all lit up like a christmas tree... I know I have to tweak my dish a little bit but I've been so darn busy with summer yard work!!

Thanks for the help!!
- Dan

Tags
installation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in