Upgrade Old Car player - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2020-02-14, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Upgrade Old Car player

currently own a 2011 radio version https://www.jeepsareus.com/sku/82212615.html for my wrangler. My question is how can I upgrade my player and add Bluetooth to it without buying a new player?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2020-02-18, 09:59 AM
Veteran

its usually not possible to add something that is not part of the radio spec. so if a radio did not originally include blue tooth, and u want to add it, its likely not possible, but i read the specs of the link you posted it says it has blue tooth audio so check the manual and see how to enable it
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2020-02-18, 11:54 AM
Veteran

Bluetooth to FM adapters are available that plug into the cigarette lighter outlet. Some support bluetooth 5.0 and have extra features such as USB charging ports, hands free phone support and Siri support. I found a popular model made by VicTsing for $22 on the big online store. These types of devices can suffer from FM interference. If the radio has an audio in plug, there are similar devices that convert bluetooth to line audio. The issue with those is the dangling audio cable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in