Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Upgrade Old Car player

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  17671 
#1 ·
#2 ·
its usually not possible to add something that is not part of the radio spec. so if a radio did not originally include blue tooth, and u want to add it, its likely not possible, but i read the specs of the link you posted it says it has blue tooth audio so check the manual and see how to enable it

#3 ·
Bluetooth to FM adapters are available that plug into the cigarette lighter outlet. Some support bluetooth 5.0 and have extra features such as USB charging ports, hands free phone support and Siri support. I found a popular model made by VicTsing for $22 on the big online store. These types of devices can suffer from FM interference. If the radio has an audio in plug, there are similar devices that convert bluetooth to line audio. The issue with those is the dangling audio cable.

#5 ·
yes I forgot that you can easily add Bluetooth functionality to any car radio by connecting a BT receiver to the Auxiliary port of the car stereo or using an FM modulator. The thing is once you add more gadgets and dongles and crap to your car radio, it can add extra complications when things do not work correctly, you now have to check if the radio is giving you problems, or is the bluetooth dongle giving you problems, or is the FM modulator giving you problems? or is your cellphone or ipod/music device the one giving you problems? etc? but if your radio has Bluetooth built right into it, its one button to press to activate it, right? there's a price to pay for simplicity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.