Review: Parts Express - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with this retailer?
Extremely Satisfied 48 81.36%
Somewhat Satisfied 9 15.25%
Somewhat Dissatisfied 1 1.69%
Extremely Dissatisfied 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 2007-01-03, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Member #1

Review: Parts Express

The purpose of this thread is for Digital Home members to review and relay their experience with Parts Express.

This is NOT a discussion thread so please limit yourself to one post which includes your review.

We welcome the input and opinions of all members whether they are good or bad, however, please note that this thread is NOT for rants. Whether you had a good or bad experience with this vendor we want to hear about it but in an OBJECTIVE manner.

If you post a rant or childish comments like, these guys "suck" or they're all a "bunch of idiots", then your comments will be considered trolling and your post will be deleted.

When you post, please try to include the following information:
  • What product or service you purchased.
  • Approximate timeframe you ordered the product
  • What location you dealt with if it’s a company with many stores or service locations
  • Your overall level of satisfaction
  • If you had a positive experience, please explain what made it such a positive experience.
  • If you had a negative experience, please read our guidelines below.

Guidelines for Posting Negative Reviews

The truth is no retailer or service provider is perfect and occasionally even the best companies can disappoint. Our experience is that good companies have problems but they typically make every reasonable effort to resolve problems.

If you had a problem and are posting a negative review, then please note what efforts you made to resolve the problem and the feedback you received. If you think the efforts to resolve the problem were NOT reasonable then please explain why. Saying you phoned up and talked to some idiot, suggests the problem may lie with the consumer and NOT the company!

No posting URLS or Directs to Competitors will be deleted

Posts containing URL's to competitors or posts saying gee you should have shopped at this retailer will be considered spam and deleted.

We want opinions, NOT sales pitches or spam!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 2007-01-03, 10:23 AM

I have been buying from these guys for at least 6 years or more. I have bought many motherboards, cpu's, memory chips, my ASUS A730 PDA, countless amounts of CD/DVD drives, hard drives, video cards, babrebone PC's and much more than I can remember.

Living in New Brunswick, shipping can sometimes be frustrating but I can't blame NCIX for it. Once it leaves their depot, it's the couriers fault.

I have very few mishaps but they would either follow up very quickly through email or even call me...unfortunately, I can't recall what it is exactly since I rarely have any problems whatsoever.

Each time I order something that is out of stock and for which they will have the merchandise in the x amount of days after, they are pretty much on the button in respect to that timeframe. The most I have had to wait for an item was maybe 6 days but that was a rare item at the time....the ACTLABS lightgun.

Like I said previously, in the 6 years or more that I have dealt with them, I would highly recommend them to anyone ordering computer parts. I build computers for my friends all the time and NCIX never dissapoints me. My friends know that I will always deal with NCIX for the prices, the choice of parts they have, the good service they give and much much more. I rate them as a 10 anyday.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 2007-01-03, 01:24 PM

Over the past 4 years, I have ordered numerous items from NCIX. Including Memory, motherboards, video cards and hard drives.

I had a problem when memory was not compatible with my Mobo and NCIX gladly let me return it and gave me a credit, even though it was my ordering error.

Would recommend them and order from them again

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 2007-01-03, 02:36 PM

I have used NCIX for several computer items over the past few years, including all of the components for the system I built and am using today: case, cpu, motherboard, memory, hard drives, graphics and sound cards, burners, etc. Order processing and shipping was prompt and all of my packages arrived intact and on-time.

My only complaint is their sometimes confusing product description pages, which can have conflicting prices depending on where you accessed them from, or a search for an item turns up multiple versions of what appear to be the same product but with poor indications of what the differences are. But as the company stocks several thousand items, including several generic products with multiple manufacturers, this is a minor issue and hardly surprising.

I have no problem recommending NCIX.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 2007-01-03, 07:13 PM

I too have ordered from NCIX many times - drives, fans, cpu coolers, etc.

Every experience was great. Fast shipping, amazing prices, and excellent customer service.

I'd recommend them in a heart beat.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 2007-01-09, 03:45 PM

I've ordered from NCIX.com many times. Buying motherboards, cpus, ram, hardrives, computer cases, video cards, etc, for building computers for myself and friends/family.

Good deals can be found with their weekly sales, shipping is quick, customer service has been good when I needed it, plus you save the 8% PST when ordering from Ontario!

Will buy from them again many more times in the future and would recommend to others.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 2007-03-20, 04:58 AM

NCIX has a great website and better service.

And their bricks and mortar is great too. HDMI cables priced right! CDRs priced very nice.
Service excellence, bought a third hard drive, and with two DVD burners I needed help activating the third drive, tech walked out from the back and stepped me through the process, very nicely done!

JVC 61FH97 1080i via HDMI from Motorola 6412
1080P via HDMI only from Samsung DVD 960
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 2007-03-20, 10:02 AM

For their type of business, simply the best. Great prices. Have to look for specials but the pricing is always good. Will always price match as well. Online ordering system is excellent and problems have always been resolved.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 2007-03-21, 04:00 PM

I've been shopping at NCIX/Netlink Computers for a few years now and I have not had one bad experience.

I usually pick up my orders at the Richmond location, and the staff there are quite receptive and friendly. It can get quite busy there so the wait times can get longer than usual, but that's to be expected as they sometimes only have one individual dedicated to helping walk in customers and in-store pickup orders.

Prices are quite competitive, and each weekly sale usually has something for everyone.

Recommended for anyone who purchases computer parts, electronic components and accessories, and so on, as their catalog continues to grow.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 2007-04-03, 11:42 PM

I had them build my system after picking out all the parts from their site (very small charge), they did an excelent job and the computer has worked perfectly. The only problem was my enormous CPU heatsink was installed (wasn't supposed to be due to weight issues) and one of the stacks was slightly bent. It was a very minor issue and they even offered to replace it but I didn't bother.

Excelent place to purchase a custom computer as well as parts.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 2009-10-19, 11:39 PM

I'm confused....this is supposed to be a review forum for PARTS EXPRESS....why is it all about NCIX?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 2009-10-20, 07:17 PM
Veteran

Thumbs up Good on line convenience business!

I have used parts express on many occasions when I operated my repair shop (1997 - 2001) and never had any issues. We also used them at work with great success.

Recently I was shopping for mid replacement for my AKAI vintage speakers and parts express was the only place I could find the appropriate replacement (specs & estetic match) and of course pricing is more than decent. Very easy to find what you need on their site, CSR is friendly and resolve issues promptly. I should be receiving 4 drivers sometime this week (2 mids for the AKAI along with 2 8" full range for my vintage Radio Shack speakers).

I will reorder again from them sometime this winter as I intend to replenish some Hitachi sound box with modern drivers. I'd recommend parts express to anyone who wishes on line convenience for their DIY projects.

Cheers!
TK
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 2009-10-21, 08:01 PM
Veteran

Just received my drivers from PE in a timely fashion however, packaging wasn't the best but NO damage to the drivers were found.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 2009-10-27, 05:39 PM
Veteran

PartsExpress is phenomenal. Unfortunately the shipping cost an arm and a leg. Unless I'm sure i can't get a similar item anywhere else, I won't buy it there.

THX, ISF, Control4 Certified Professional; CEDIA Certified Instructor; CEDIA Certified Designer
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 2009-10-27, 07:53 PM
Veteran

Quote:
PartsExpress is phenomenal. Unfortunately the shipping cost an arm and a leg. Unless I'm sure i can't get a similar item anywhere else, I won't buy it there.
Odd, even with the shipping charges my driver came cheaper than what the exact same drivers would have costed me fro Addison/King George electronics (which are usually very competitive). I'd say even with shipping charges you make a good deal with PE when compared with most local purchase.

Cheers!
TK

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in