Review: SIG Electronics - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with this retailer?
Extremely Satisfied 4 50.00%
Somewhat Satisfied 2 25.00%
Somewhat Dissatisfied 0 0%
Extremely Dissatisfied 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2008-10-09, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Member #1

Review: SIG Electronics

The purpose of this thread is for Digital Home members to review and relay their experience buying consumers electronics at the online retailer SIG Electronics.

This thread is strictly for reviews and is not for discussion. If you have any questions about what belongs in this thread, then please this thread prior to posting.

When you post, please try to include the following information:

• What product or service you purchased.
  • Approximate timeframe you ordered the product
  • What location you dealt with if it’s a company with many stores or service locations
  • Your overall level of satisfaction
  • If you had a positive experience, please explain what made it such a positive experience.
  • If you had a negative experience, please read our guidelines below.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2008-10-09, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Member #1

Guidelines for Posting Negative Reviews

The truth is no retailer or service provider is perfect and occasionally even the best companies can disappoint. Our experience is that good companies have problems but they typically make every reasonable effort to resolve problems.

If you had a problem and are posting a negative review, then please note what efforts you made to resolve the problem and the feedback you received. If you think the efforts to resolve the problem were NOT reasonable then please explain why. Saying you phoned up and talked to some idiot, suggests the problem may lie with the consumer and NOT the company!

No posting URLS or Directs to Competitors will be deleted

Posts containing URL's to competitors or posts saying gee you should have shopped at this retailer will be considered spam and deleted.

We want opinions, NOT sales pitches or spam!

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2008-10-09, 12:55 PM
Veteran

Purchased a Jabra Bluetooth headset (NIB) online a few months ago that was defective. They replaced it, but the return/exchange process was lengthy and wasn't explained properly. Several calls were made to UPS before I had the right information for a UPS pick-up. Email communication with SIG was pretty good though.

I'd be hesitant to order from them again, only because I wouldn't want to go through the return process again, should my product be defective.

Panasonic TH-42PE7U plasma, Toshiba HD-D3, PS3, Shaw DCX3400, Yamaha HTR-6160, Polk 6.1, Belkin PF30, Harmony 700

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2009-03-06, 04:54 AM

Ordered Blu-Rays from them a couple of times. Good service. Only thing was that some of the Blu-Rays came in Futureshop like Protective cases. Otherwise really good experience and support via e-mail.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2009-03-06, 01:10 PM

I also ordered some blue rays. I was very impressed with the tracking information they sent me. I think I got 4 or 5 updates - from order confirmation right through to when they were signed for by me. I got them in a couple of days.
I also received the hard plastic protective cases. It definitely protects the discs but what a waste of packaging material.

Oakville, Toshiba 65HX93 (Calibrated), Samsung BDP-1500, BEV 9200, Marantz SR7000 Recvr, Energy Encores, Harmony 880
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2009-03-09, 09:55 AM

Thumbs up

I've been to their Brampton location a couple of times and this is where I purchased my PS3 last summer. They had the best deal at the time with their bundle (PS3, 2 Blu-Rays, HDMI cable). At that time I saw they had some refurbished Toshiba A3 HD DVD players which I later picked up as a backup. The guys in the store were quite friendly and helpful, I liked the set-up as they had the smaller items (cameras, GPS etc) in display cases and the larger items on display. No hard sell as I can't stand sales people looking over my shoulder like some other chains. It's not a large store, but for what they had it it was well laid out and met what I was looking for. The Blu-Rays and HD's are in a locked case though.

The last time I dealt with them was for their Boxing Day on-line sales which I purchased a number of PS3 and Wii games. Got some great deals on-line. As mentioned previously the communications was great and the games were also packaged in the hard cases that Blockbuster and the other chains used. I was quite impressed with the case. Too bad I had no other use for them as it sure protected the games, and it was a waste tossing them out. They probably picked them up from some other retailer as the cases showed some wear. If I recall shipping was a little high but considering the flat rate of $9.99 it worked out well as I ordered 4 games. With the games and plastic cases, it sure made for a weighty package overall. In future, I'd say if they can lower their shipping rates and get away from the extra plastic cases, they could save us a few bucks on shipping if you're only ordering 1 or 2 games or disks. Otherwise no problems for me.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-11-29, 08:51 PM
Rookie

This is my first order with SIG electronics and I will probably not order from them again, poor customer service. I ordered 2 ps3 games and when I received them, the case of one of them is completly broken. I can't close it at all, I won't be able to resell or exchange it. The game is working fine but I'm expecting some kind of credit to buy myself a new case or get soem compensation. I opened a case and now they want me to send back the "item" so they can send me a new one...They have some heavy claims process that aren't adapted to every product. The guy talking to me probably doesn't even know what is a video game.

It was my first and only time I'll make an order from them!

Tags
online retailer , review , sig electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in