Review: Amazon Canada - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with this retailer?
Extremely Satisfied 77 68.14%
Somewhat Satisfied 27 23.89%
Somewhat Dissatisfied 3 2.65%
Extremely Dissatisfied 6 5.31%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 2013-12-21, 12:32 PM

I order books without any problems so far.
My main concern with Amazon.ca is that they have almost nothing compared to the Amazon.com store.And Amazon.com won't ship most of their products to Canada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 2014-03-24, 07:46 AM

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia(Maestro whole home PVR with two terminals)
Once again, I give Amazon an A+ for outstanding service. Last Thursday, the first disk from the Blu-ray set "Sanctuary, Season 1" would not play, so I used Amazon's return service for the first time to arrange for a replacement. The replacement season series arrived first thing this morning, Monday AM, and I am impressed with the quick speed. Also, they give you free shipping to send back the defective items, since they issue a shipping label that you can print out to attach to the return package.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 2014-12-14, 08:06 PM
Veteran

It's a hit or miss sometimes with Amazon. Unlike with eBay, you're guaranteed to get the item you ordered. However, like eBay, the shipping source can be all over the place and it's not easy to tell at times. Sometimes what I order originates from China and takes 4-6 weeks to arrive (with no tracking code). I ordered winter gloves that work with touchscreen phones. The price was really good. So good in fact that I ordered 4 pairs. However, I think winter may be over by the time they arrive.

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 2014-12-15, 09:53 AM
Veteran

It's always made clear that the item is not shipped by Amazon. I find that service and shipping times from Amazon itself are very good these days. Even Super Saver Shipping is typically fast. Items shipped from China typically take 3-6 weeks. I've seen them take anywhere from 1 week for airmail to 8 weeks for an item with tracking. Tracking can slow down any international mail shipment by several weeks, even to and from the US.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 2014-12-15, 09:54 AM
Veteran

Not shipped by Amazon doesn't say where it is shipping from. It just says it's not shipped by Amazon.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 2014-12-15, 10:32 AM
Veteran

I believe that estimated shipping times and the location of the store are usually provided. At least that's been the case whenever I've purchased internationally shipped items. The exception may be items that are sold by Amazon but "fulfilled by" another seller.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 2014-12-18, 03:22 PM

Overall I am very happy with amazon.ca. I am happy that they offer more and more products. Things I noticed: price changes quickly. You see something, it is at a price you are willing to pay, you buy it today or tomorrow it might be at a different price.
Many times the amazon search engine does not display the desired results. I was looking for brake shoes for my car. Searching through amazon search I found the brake shoes sold by another seller at high shipping costs. Searching through Google, I found the same brake shoes sold by amazon.ca at a very good price and free shipping.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in