How To Avoid Conflict - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2016-04-04, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

How To Avoid Conflict

Say: "Excuse me one Moment" - Look at your smart phone, and walk away, while tapping on it, pretending that you're doing something important online.
[ Typical of youth today. Their way to blow someone off. Playing with their "device". ]

Say: " I'm so sorry, I have an important meeting I am already late for. And must go immediately. " [ Slimy management or reception does this. Snakes lyers and weasles ]

typical.

In a restaurant, or anywhere really:
"Hold on a second, I'll get right back to you, gotta go to the bathroom, urgently." Then just slip out the back jack ... disappear via a different door or way out.

[ Diversion, Deflection, Disappear ]

"Hmm. I'm not sure. Let me think about that. Can I get back to you on that?" [ Delay - sound confused / or not sure - need more time to decide.]

or simply: " I don't know." [ Play stupid ]

"No hablo inglese"

There must be a book on slippery slimey ways to "Avoid" Conflict.

Play Dead. Works in some cases.

oh ... it is to laugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2016-04-04, 05:22 PM
Veteran

"I'll get right on that." is another good one. Makes the other person think that something will get done when it probably won't.

I tried walking a mile in someone else's shoes. The only insights were that I had sore feet and the cheap bastard bought really bad shoes.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2016-04-04, 09:33 PM

How to avoid conflict? Never discuss anything on an internet discussion board, ever.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2016-04-07, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Faint and fall to the floor. Pretend to pass out.

Feign sickness. Put hand over mouth, pressurize face so you turn red, and run to the bathroom like you are about to be sick. Hold stomach, and walk out of the place looking like
you are in pain.

"I have no opinion on that." [ Refuse to participate in discussion, or express any opinion ]

Delegate / deflect:
" Go talk to so and so - he/she is in charge of that."

Government offices and ministries:
Batting the issue back and forth - and no one taking ownership / or actually dealing with it.

" You'll have to talk to <this other department or ministry> on that. "
[ Then, when you go contact that other dept or ministry - they send you back to the original one. You can get into a 3 way "cluster" loop on that too, ha ha ]

Dealing with Couples:
" I'll have to talk to the <wifey> or <hubby> on that one. "
[ Avoid the issue to give no response - blame the other partner - use the other partner as the excuse]

"Well, he / or she - does not like that"

"We can't do that that weekend because ... <that is ... birthday / our anniversary ...whatever stupid memorial social family or couple "event" >

"Talk with him about that " or "Talk with her about that."

Organizations - when going in person to the front desk or reception or customer service.

"It's on the internet."
"You HAVE to go get that / do that yourself, on the internet."
"Sorry, we can't help you here."
"Who are you / what is this about / do you have an appointment ? To speak with ...<bigshot stupid>"
or "So and so <big shot stupid> is: not in the office at the moment (lie) -or- a very very busy person, and does not have time to speak with you."
[ When in reality, is just pulling pud in the back, and does not want to speak with you. ]
[ Delusions of Grandeur and Importance and haughtiness - by persons "inside" organizations ]

[ Comment - why the heck do you think I took the trouble to come here in person ?
So that you could send me away, and re-direct me to "the internet". ]

When in a meeting or on a course, asking a question, or bringing up a sensitive matter:

"In the interest of keeping on schedule, I will have to continue on."

[ Demeaning you and shutting you up - in order not to deal with the question or issue, avoid it. shaming you in front of others, with: "be quiet, and go away, that is a silly question or issue, and you are wasting my time / our time. I am much more important than you or your silly question or issue."]

[Management tends to use this a lot. Higher ups. Like their "time" is more valuable than your stupid little question or issue. One day I'm just gonna respond something ... and, more or less, just tell them to shut up and just answer my question or issue.]

Yes - agreed. Just Posting stuff on the internet, or writing emails - just opening your mouth and speaking / saying something - can get you in trouble - create conflict.

Everyone has different opinions, or points of view. Will start to label you this or that.
People will tend to make pretty quick assumptions about others, based on pretty minor things.

Man ... society these days.

You know you're getting "older" and out of touch, when things start to seem "weird" to you.

What can you do ? Not much. Humour helps. You've got to laugh about these things.

Last edited by mrvanwinkles; 2016-04-07 at 06:20 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in