Visions $99 installation deal - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-09-23, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Visions $99 installation deal

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question. I bought a plasma TV and HT system from Visions the other day and purchased their $99 installation deal. THis includes delivery and setup of the TV and HT. Does anyone out there have any experiance with this? I am wondering exactly what they will do for the $99. I have 7.1 pre-wired, but will they mount my speakers on the walls, where the speaker posts are?

I tried to find out from Visions, but no one there seemed to know what exactly the install company would do.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-09-23, 08:39 PM
Veteran

That is pretty odd, I can you decide togo for such and how can you know if this is a deal if they don't tell/know what will be done? High highly doubt you can get speakers wall mounted at that price, unless part of the install is taken from the gear pricing it self. I'd never buy such unless I get a written contract of the work they intend to accomplish.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-09-24, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

I should have gotten a more clear idea to what they would be doing before I purchased it. I did finally go a hold of someone at Visions that gave me a clearer answer to what they will be doing. They said they will setup the plasma on my cabinet. They will setup the HT receiver to the TV and wire all the speakers. Visions said they didn't know if they would mount my speakers for me. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-10-07, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Well Visions was over last night delivering my new plasma and HT system. I was extremely impressed with their quality of work. They where at my house for about 1 hour and 45 minutes. They hooked everyting up and mounted all my speakers for the 7.1 system. They tested all the components, including my PS3. They also changed the factory settings on my TV. They tied up all the wires and hid them. Well worth the $99 I spent for this. I would deffinately recommond them.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-10-07, 09:49 AM
Veteran

I'm happy for you, seems like you got a good deal afterall. All is left is possibly calibrating the entire system to its optimum.

Cheers!
René
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-10-07, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHNOKID View Post
I'm happy for you, seems like you got a good deal afterall. All is left is possibly calibrating the entire system to its optimum.

Cheers!
René
Yes, i just have to find the time to do this.

Tags
installation , visons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in