The NEW NHL on TSN HNIC Intro Video ... What do you think of it? - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 2008-10-16, 05:11 PM
Veteran

The new TSN one is not as good as the first TSN one. The action clips from real games make the difference. I still don't understand why the CBC didn't keep the old music. The original music is what made it HNIC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 2008-10-16, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpy27 View Post
The new TSN one is not as good as the first TSN one. The action clips from real games make the difference. I still don't understand why the CBC didn't keep the old music. The original music is what made it HNIC.
money is why that & the composers hate for the cbc
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 2008-10-16, 08:44 PM

It was the same thing when Molson was dropped as the sponsor.

It just wasn't the same after Molson Hockey Night In Canada.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 2008-10-17, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpy27 View Post
k, i now this was over money but the one thing i hate about cbc losing the rights to the hnic theme is why did the whole hockey universe have to learn after the last game of the 07-08 stanley cup finals that it was (potentially) the last time you would hear this music on cbc?

I so remember them saying this on-air that it could be the last time you will hear this song as its contract will be up after the game ...

At the start of last season, why couldn't cbc start negotiating with the composer to have rights for the song? They obviously knew that there contract would be up with so if i was them I would have started negotiating a year or two ago, not at the very last minute. Like that's the one thing i don't really understand is why did they wait to the very last minute to try and get the rights to the song?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NefCanuck View Post
I'm trying to figure out (Esp. seeing this in HD) are those computer generated players in some shots?

Half of it reminded me of NHL 09

NefCanuck
Anyways TSN know have the song and there new video which I do agree with NefCanuck that it does look like NHL 09 the videogame, but at least someone kept this song alive. I would have been furious if this song went off the air for good.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 2008-10-17, 04:07 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammertime View Post
It was the same thing when Molson was dropped as the sponsor.

It just wasn't the same after Molson Hockey Night In Canada.
The ironic thing about that is now TSN's Leafs and Wednesday night broadcasts are sponsered by Molson and called Molson Leafs Hockey and Molson Wednesday Night Hockey. I find HNIC isn't the same anymore, and for the first time I prefer TSN's broadcast.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 2008-10-18, 10:56 PM
Veteran

I don't like either of the new video intros. Why do TV stations today think they have to make their intros look like video games? Looks cheap.

As for the new theme on CBC did you notice that while it is being used at the start of the broadcast it doesn't seem to be used much during the rest of the evening to segue into commercials or intermission breaks? I personally think the life of this theme wil be limited to one season. It lacks any real punch or excitement.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 2008-10-20, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidw View Post
I don't like either of the new video intros. Why do TV stations today think they have to make their intros look like video games? Looks cheap.

As for the new theme on CBC did you notice that while it is being used at the start of the broadcast it doesn't seem to be used much during the rest of the evening to segue into commercials or intermission breaks? I personally think the life of this theme wil be limited to one season. It lacks any real punch or excitement.
Yea, I agree that the new HNIC theme lacks excitement. But I also think the same with TSN's revamp of the original theme. This orchestrated version sounds too boring. The theme from the old TSN video which was posted a few posts up is much more exciting.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 2008-10-21, 02:31 AM

do you have the opening promo of the avs/flames game tonite?????

Tags
nhl , tsn , tsn2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in