Maple Leafs on Leafs TV - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 2008-10-01, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Maple Leafs on Leafs TV

hey guys,

I was flipping back and forth between the Leafs-Blues game on Leafs TV and Flames-Canucks game on TSN tonight and is this just me or does the Leafs TV broadcast look a lot more darker (Lousy PQ) and sort of out of focus in a way when watching it? I'm not sure if it is my cable provider, Leafs TV or maybe its the lighting/cameras at ScottTrade Center, but I just think going from the Leafs TV and TSN broadcasts that the Leafs games is a lot more darker than TSN game? I don't know tho it might just be me but does anyone have any thoughts on this.

Even the scorebar at the top looks like its squished and hard to read the score/time left in game. Like why can't they have a scorebar like TSN? theres is way more bigger/clearer and easier to read.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 2008-10-01, 10:58 PM

looks dark and out of focus to me as well.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 2008-10-01, 10:59 PM

Lousy PQ for me too. (Cogeco-Ancaster) Possibly the worst I have ever seen. Patiently waiting for HD -(regular season) coverage. HD baseball looks great - on Sportsnet.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 2008-10-01, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Thank god this game is over for the Leafs sake (7-3 Blues) and Leafs TV with that brutal pq, it was almost unwatchable. Come on regular season we need Leafs TV HD now!! I'm never watching a leafs tv sd game again, only in hd now unless if its an emergency.

The letters N H L may be in HamiLtoN, but HAMILTON will never be in the N H L...
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 2008-10-01, 11:16 PM

yeah tonights broadcast sucks.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 2008-10-02, 09:05 AM
Veteran

I saw the highlights of that Leafs game on SportsCentre, and it looked dark. I think its a combination of Leafs TV having bad PQ, and the lighting at The ScottTrade Center. It I haven't watched a St. Louis home game in a couple years, so I'm not certain of that though.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 2008-10-02, 01:29 PM

Couple Things:

- Lighting at Scottrade Center is obvious on most nights, might have to watch some highlights from other games online but it is darker than most other rinks (Tampa is bad too)
- Also, the scorebug on LeafsTV looks the same as the one they used last year, however last year it was framed for the HD broadcast, meaning those that saw it in 4:3 had the blank sides cut off and therefore went side to side on our screen. They are using a 4:3 mobile for these games and the scorebug software probably couldn't fit it right. Just a theory, they used an older bug in the preseason a year ago, so I can't compare it to last year.

Go Leafs

RCA 26" HDTV - (ATSC/QAM Tuner) - 720p/1080i
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 2008-10-03, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Leafs-Wings Tonight 7:30pm on Leafs TV SD ... and PLEASE Don't Screw it up Leafs TV!!

darn it looks like i'll be forced yet again to watch another Leafs TV SD broadcast tonight with Toronto at Detroit at 7:30pm. Why can't the Regular Season come sooner ... I need my HD!!

Lets just pray Joe Louis Arena has better lighting then the Scottrade Centre did on Wednesday night. I want to actually watch this game tonight in its entirety without have any problems with the picture quality, etc from Leafs TV.

Go Leafs Go

The letters N H L may be in HamiLtoN, but HAMILTON will never be in the N H L...
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 2008-10-03, 10:09 AM

the whole preseason quality has been horrible. Weren't last year's preseason games in HD? Is there a guarantee that the regular games are in HD? I know they were last year, but I cannot seem to confirm this on the Leafs website.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 2008-10-03, 01:13 PM

LeafsTV has had all games in HD for at least the last 2 years, I don't see them taking a step backwards from that....Preseason games last year were SD only.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 2008-10-03, 09:41 PM

Just saw highlights on Sportsnet, LeafsTV has the bug fixed now...fits the screen properly.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 2008-10-05, 03:04 PM

LOL for watching Leafs games in SD only if it is an emergency.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 2008-10-13, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Leafs-Blues Not in HD today on Cogeco

hey guys,

We over at Cogeco are not receiving todays Leafs-Blues game in HD today, just wondering is this a Cogeco problem or is it that they are not showing it in HD? Need help from other providers who have LeafsTV HD

thanks
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 2008-10-13, 02:11 PM

Must be a Cogeco issue... Rogers HD is good.

Cheers

"Remember kids; no one cares about audio, until they can't hear it!"
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 2008-10-13, 02:18 PM

hey musashii, rogers is showing the game in hd and bell exvu is as well. cogeco stinks. i should reconsider switching to bell 'cause this is effing ridiculous. they treat their customers like s**t. we live in leaf region, what's their problem? i'll see what expressvu has to offer.

Tags
leafs tv , maple leafs , nhl , tsn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in