Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official 2020 F1 Discussion Thread

23K views 172 replies 20 participants last post by  tvmaster 
#1 ·
#7 ·
https://www.thestar.com/autos/opini...-tv-but-youll-pay-extra-for-other-series.html

...things will remain pretty much status quo as far as TSN’s coverage of our favourite sport is concerned. The full Formula One package will be back – Friday practice, Saturday qualifying and 4-5 hours of coverage Sunday that will include the actual race. TSN’s F1 coverage will begin with the Australian Grand Prix on March 13.

A TSN spokesman added that European Formula 2 races, which were added to the TSN schedule last year and preceded F1 races on race day, would be back again in 2020.

#9 ·
I'm still expecting the Pro package of F1 TV to become available in Canada this year. So far, since Liberty Media bought FOM, every TV deal made had F1 TV Pro made available. Liberty Media is even ready to lose money to make sure they can offer the Pro package (remember the switch from NBC to ESPN in the US).

I can see the new deal between FOM and, presumably, Bell Media being at a lower price. With a lower fee to pay (or, maybe, no fee to pay), could the races be broadcast commercial-free ? Well, TSN is broadcasting Formula E since November and all 3 races run so far as been commercial-free.

#10 ·
Barcelona pre-season testing as you’ve never seen it before - F1 Media

F1 TV is also producing various on-demand content available also to F1 TV Access subscribers. Each day in “Tech Talk”, Formula 1’s Digital Presenter, Will Buxton, will be joined by a host of guests to discuss the latest technical developments and analyse the performance of the teams. At the end of each three-day test, Friday 21st and Friday 28th, Buxton will host “Paddock Pass,” which will feature exclusive behind the scenes news, interviews with drivers and engineers as well as insights and analysis from former F1 drivers and pundits. For those who are hard at work during the week, there will be an on-demand programme, “What we learnedavailable on Saturday 22nd and Saturday 29th February. On Friday 28th, after the final chequered flag of the second session, Jolyon Palmer, who drove in 35 Grands Prix, will give an initial assessment of how things went and his prediction for the start of the season.
The full coverage – live and VOD – of the six days of testing will mark the debut of further eleven new countries (highlighted below) through F1 TV Pro, bringing the total to 77.

* Canada isn't one of them.

#11 ·
I wonder if TSN will show any of that here. I also wonder how long it is before F1 TV Pro is coming here, if it's just this year of it's locked out for the duration of the new agreement.

That said, have they announced the new TSN F1 deal yet? I haven't seen that, so maybe things change when it's official.

#24 ·
The F1 pro site says the Roku channel is only available in the USA. I have a laptop which I can use but I’d prefer to use a Roku channel if available.

For the Aussie GP I will set my pvr to record anyway and check the web feed in the morning when I get up.
The F1 site says all the races and quals will be available live but it is not saying that in a clear way. Nor does it say clearly that there will be no ads.
I guess I will see in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#29 ·
Formula 1®, TSN, and RDS Announce Multi-Year Media Rights Extension - Bell Media

In the lead-up to the 2020 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ season, a new multi-year media rights extension was announced today by Formula 1®, TSN, and RDS, ensuring that Bell Media’s sports networks continue to be the Canadian home of Formula 1 through the 2024 season.

TSN and RDS will continue to broadcast all Formula 1 races, as well as qualifying and practice sessions and encore presentations. This includes exclusive coverage of the CANADIAN GRAND PRIX – the most-watched motorsport event on Canadian soil.

With the new agreement, TSN and RDS subscribers now have access to a multitude of F1 live feeds available at once through the networks’ digital platforms, including the Multiplex player on TSN.ca and RDS.ca, and through the TSN and RDS apps. These all-new feeds include:

• Select Onboard Cameras
  • Pit lane Channel
  • Driver Tracker
  • Timing Channel

#33 ·
Formula 1[emoji2400], TSN, and RDS Announce Multi-Year Media Rights Extension - Bell Media

In the lead-up to the 2020 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP[emoji769] season, a new multi-year media rights extension was announced today by Formula 1[emoji2400], TSN, and RDS, ensuring that Bell Media’s sports networks continue to be the Canadian home of Formula 1 through the 2024 season.

TSN and RDS will continue to broadcast all Formula 1 races, as well as qualifying and practice sessions and encore presentations. This includes exclusive coverage of the CANADIAN GRAND PRIX – the most-watched motorsport event on Canadian soil.

With the new agreement, TSN and RDS subscribers now have access to a multitude of F1 live feeds available at once through the networks’ digital platforms, including the Multiplex player on TSN.ca and RDS.ca, and through the TSN and RDS apps. These all-new feeds include:

• Select Onboard Cameras
  • Pit lane Channel
  • Driver Tracker
  • Timing Channel

Does this mean that F1 Pro will not be streaming live in Canada?

I was/am hoping to be able to delete all of TSN from my cable subscription. That subscription on Rogers costs more than F1 Pro by quite a lot and I don’t watch anything else on TSN, not even the Indy races.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#30 ·
Looks like more Sky programming will be on TSN this year:
Welcome to the Weekend, The Story So Far and The F1 Show are now appearing in TSN listings for the Australian GP.

Also, the timing for Chequered Flag (new name for the post-race show) gives the impression that Ted’s Notebook is also included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.