Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Tennis Discussion

Tags
tennis tsn
17K views 81 replies 9 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 ·
TSN's live multi-court coverage of WIMBLEDON begins with first round action on Monday, July 1 at 6 a.m. ET on TSN. TSN’s complete WIMBLEDON schedule is available at TSN.ca.

In addition to expansive coverage on TSN’s five feeds, TSN subscribers will have access to unique bonus court feeds available for live streaming at TSN.ca/Live and on the TSN app.

Beginning Thursday, July 11 at 7 a.m. ET, the iconic tennis tradition of BREAKFAST AT WIMBLEDON returns to TSN, providing fans with an early morning preview of each day’s marquee matches. Additionally, WIMBLEDON PRIMETIME delivers a rundown of the day’s action every evening throughout the tournament, featuring encore broadcasts, highlights, and recaps of key matches. TSN and TSN Direct subscribers can also access the network’s WIMBLEDON Multiplex video player, allowing fans to watch multiple tournament matches at once across all TSN’s dedicated WIMBLEDON feeds.

WIMBLEDON is part of TSN’s exclusive tennis broadcast schedule that consists of all four Grand Slam tournaments, including the U.S. OPEN, running August 26 to September 8.

Full Press Release

Related Link: https://www.tsn.ca/multiplex

See less See more
#3 ·
TSN's tennis coverage would be better if their streaming service wasn't a giant pile of ****. For a network that steals everything from ESPN — from programming to graphics — you'd think TSN could also use the same platform that makes WatchESPN so great.

#8 ·
TSN delivers exclusive live coverage of the new season’s first major championship – the 2020 AUSTRALIAN OPEN. TSN’s coverage begins with the First Round on Sunday, Jan. 19 at 7 p.m. ET. The AUSTRALIAN OPEN is the first of the four tennis Grand Slam tournaments airing exclusively on TSN, continuing with the FRENCH OPEN, WIMBLEDON, and US OPEN.

Full Press Release

#9 · (Edited)
I would like to watch the Australian Open, is TSN+ the same as TSN?
Looking at Rogers ignite theme packs that's the only TSN I can find. Can you just subscribe for a month?
Just had another look and it appears TSN+ is a 4K channel. I don't have a 4K tv, does that mean I can't view it or would I just see it in 1080p?
Hoping someone can answer these questions for me.
TIA.
Sorry, I just noticed that only one of the TSN channels is in 4K.

#11 ·
@TheHans,

Thanks for your reply, I knew that I could subscribe directly with TSN Direct but I am not sure how that works with streaming it to my tv which is not smart.
The only streaming device I have is Fire tv stick.
I think it would be easier for me to just add the theme pack to my Rogers account and see it as a channel.

#14 ·
Meh, TSN's online coverage is garbage compared to ESPN and always has been. ESPN streams every single court, every single day which means every single match is covered from men's to doubles to wheelchair. The best TSN can do is offer three courts? Get outta here!

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for all the replies, just disappointed there wasn't better news.
So nobody in Canada covers all the courts and matches unless you use TSN direct which has no app for Firestick?
I have read conflicting articles that TSN app is available for FireTV 4k but have not been able to find it.
I would have purchased one if there was an available app that worked well.
It's hard to believe that something like the tennis grand slams are not available anywhere, would think that someone would be happy to take your money.
Guess I will just have to do without, I particularly wanted to watch certain players, so even if I subscribe to TSN through Ignite, I wouldn't neccessarily be able to watch any of these players.
I don't understand why ESPN is not available in Canada. Surely they would make a killing.:confused:

Btw, I'm a she not a he.:eek:

#18 ·
You can probably sideload the TSN app on your Firestick. There are youtube videos all over explaining how to sideload an app on a Firestick. It's *really* easy. You can get ESPN in Canada, it's just a grey-area of legality. If you don't care about that, you can do it. Sorry for calling you "he," I'm a "she" too. :)

#20 ·
@TheHans,

Thanks for the info, I had earlier looked into an app that helps sideload the TSN app but apparently the first app has been playing up after updates.
Good to know there are more of us she's around the board :)
@Dr.Dave, Thanks for that information. I think I will try adding TSN to my Ignite, pretty sure I can drop it after a month and if it works out then I can do the same for the other grand slams.
I do have an HDMI switch that has 3 HDMI inputs that are not being used.

#23 ·
TSN Expands Tennis Coverage with New Slate of Marquee WTA Tour Events, Beginning February 23

TSN announced today it has expanded the network’s live court coverage with the addition of a slate of marquee WTA Tour events, featuring the biggest stars of women’s tennis, beginning Sunday, Feb. 23 with the QATAR OPEN.

TSN’s schedule of live WTA Tour coverage in the 2020 season includes the following tournaments:
QATAR TOTAL OPEN (Doha): Feb. 23-29
BNP PARIBAS OPEN (Indian Wells): Mar. 11-22
MIAMI OPEN: Mar. 24 - Apr. 4
MUTUA MADRID OPEN: May 2 - 9
INTERNAZIONALI BNL D’ITALIA (Rome): May 11 - 17
WESTERN & SOUTHERN OPEN (Cincinnati): Aug. 17-23
WUHAN OPEN: Sept. 27 - Oct. 3
CHINA OPEN (Beijing): Oct. 3-11
SHISEIDO WTA FINALS SHENZHEN: Nov. 1-8

TSN and TSN Direct subscribers can watch the network’s complete slate of live tennis coverage on TSN’s five national television feeds as well as through the network’s digital streaming platforms, including TSN.ca and the TSN app, which also feature breaking news, highlights, scores, and video analysis.

TSN.ca’s Multiplex also provides access for subscribers to watch multiple tournament matches at once across TSN’s five feeds, as well as unique bonus streams.

#25 ·
TSN serves up the final Grand Slam of the season as exclusive live coverage of the 2020 FRENCH OPEN airs from Sept. 27 – Oct. 11. Bonus multi-court feeds are available to TSN and TSN Direct subscribers through the TSN app and the TSN Multiplex player on TSN.ca. (Press Release)

Some TV providers also carry the bonus feeds. Bell MTS has TSNX1 through TSNX4.

#26 ·
Sportsnet and Tennis Canada today announced a multi-year domestic media rights extension agreement for the National Bank Open presented by Rogers (formerly Rogers Cup presented by National Bank).

National cross-court coverage of ATP (Aug. 7-15) and WTA (Aug. 6-15) will air across Sportsnet’s TV platforms and stream live on SN NOW. Details of Sportsnet’s coverage, including broadcast teams and schedule, will be announced in coming months. (Rogers Press Release)

#27 ·
TSN kicks off its exclusive coverage of Grand Slam tennis with the 2021 AUSTRALIAN OPEN, beginning with the First Round on Sunday, Feb. 7 at 7 p.m. ET on TSN (complete broadcast schedule available here). TSN.ca’s Multiplex also provides access for subscribers to watch multiple matches airing at once across TSN’s five feeds, as well as unique bonus streams. French-language coverage of the tournament is available on RDS.

TSN has the court covered throughout the entire 2021 season, delivering all four Grand Slams – the AUSTRALIAN OPEN, FRENCH OPEN, WIMBLEDON, and U.S. OPEN. TSN also delivers ATP 250, 500, and 1000 events as well as a slate of WTA 1000 tournaments throughout the tennis season. (Full Press Release)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.