CFL 2019 Discussion - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 2019-05-01, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

CFL 2019 Discussion

TSN Delivers Comprehensive Live Coverage of the 2019 CFL DRAFT, May 2 at 8 p.m. ET

TSN delivers comprehensive live coverage of the 2019 CFL DRAFT on Thursday, May 2 beginning at 8 p.m. ET. The draft kicks off with two hours of extensive coverage on TSN1, TSN3 and TSN4, with the later rounds available on TSN.ca and the TSN app beginning at 10 p.m. ET for TSN and TSN Direct subscribers.

TSN Radio stations across the country provide coverage of their local teams throughout the week, including reactions to each team’s selections following the draft.

The 2019 CFL DRAFT is the first major date of the 2019 CFL season, with pre-season action beginning Sunday, May 26, and the regular season kicking off Thursday, June 13. The CFL season culminates with the 107th GREY CUP presented by Shaw, live from McMahon Stadium in Calgary on Sunday, Nov. 24.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 2019-05-01, 01:46 PM

TSN Radio, along with a few radio stations that aren't TSN, had all the CFL games for free on their websites last year.

If your like me and go to a lot of the games and don't want to spend money on TSN's TV channels (I get the daily TV pass here and there) the free online radio broadcasts are great.

I'm hoping the league and union can settle their differences so the season starts on time...
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 2019-05-03, 11:19 AM

Going to the games, instead of subscribing to TSN for seven months, surely is more expensive, no?

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 2019-05-03, 04:04 PM

It's more expensive, but why pay for TSN full-time if I'm going to more than half my team's games in person? The daily pass is great, or for the same price I can go watch at a local bar and get some wings for the way out of town games I don't travel to.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 2019-05-05, 10:13 AM

TSN daily pass is $5. I am not sure that I can get a portion of chicken wings for that price, not to mention drinks.

On a separate note, is there any information whether any of the CFL games will be in 4k?
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 2019-05-05, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

I think you can expect all the games to be 4K. They mentioned 4K in last year's pre-season announcement and haven't said anything since, but I think all the games were on TSN's 4K schedule. You can check it in a week or 2.

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-4k-broadcast-schedule-1.900579
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 2019-05-05, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

CanadaFootballChat.com (CFC) and TSN announced a new partnership to showcase Canada’s emerging football stars with the first-ever CANADAFOOTBALLCHAT.COM PROSPECT GAME. The inaugural edition of this annual event featuring 73 top high school football players from across the country takes place at Ottawa’s TD Place Stadium on Saturday, June 1 at 1 p.m. ET. Each ticket to the game also includes admission to the Ottawa Redblacks pre-season game against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

TSN’s exclusive broadcast of the CANADAFOOTBALLCHAT.COM PROSPECT GAME airs Sunday, June 2 at 12 noon ET. (Press Release)
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 2019-05-23, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 2019-05-24, 02:21 PM

Last year 4K games were limited to Toronto and Hamilton Home games.

When it comes to humility, I am the greatest!
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 2019-05-24, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

I found this post in last year's CFL thread. I could be wrong about every game being in 4K, but a lot of them were.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dave View Post
CFL Games on the TSN 4K Broadcast Schedule

Thursday, June 21 Saskatchewan Roughriders at Ottawa Redblacks 7:30pm
Friday, June 22 Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Montreal Alouettes 7pm
Saturday, June 23 Calgary Stampeders at Toronto Argonauts 7pm

This is for June - they only show one month at a time.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 2019-05-31, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

TSN finally updated their 4K page - these are the games on the list:

Thursday, June 13 CFL: Saskatchewan Roughriders at Hamilton Tiger-Cats 7:30pm
Saturday, June 22 CFL: Hamilton Tiger-Cats at Toronto Argonauts 4pm
Thursday, June 27 CFL: Edmonton Eskimos at Winnipeg Blue Bombers 8:30pm
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 2019-05-31, 11:26 AM

I assume they will add more for the rest of the season. Curious to see what the trucks look like (I'll be at both the June 13th game in Hamilton and the June 22nd game in Toronto).

I'll try and bribe Matthew Scianitti with some Converse shoes to show me around...
CenturyBreak likes this.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 2019-05-31, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

TSN4K schedule seems to be updated 1 month at a time recently.

FYI - Dome 4K trucks article from 2016:

https://www.sportsvideo.org/2016/01/...rts-in-canada/
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 2019-06-12, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 2019-06-13, 10:41 AM

Can't wait...hopefully TSN doesn't flip around the Saskatchewan @ Hamilton game tonight on multiple channels when the Raptors game starts - If you are recording the game, I assume you'll have to set your PVR to multiple channels to catch the whole game. The game start has also been moved to 7pm - which is going to be rough for some Roughrider fans to catch locally...and a pain for me to try to get to the game on time.

If people are going to watch Football, they will be like me and watch Football - people who like Basketball will watch Basketball...I don't understand moving game times for another league/sport when the games will still overlap.

The Ti-Cats are also showing the NBA game for free after the football game, and letting anyone in the stadium to watch...going to be a traffic nightmare or blessing...not sure yet...

I'm also not sure if TSN pressured the CFL to move this game...it is the opening game, and CFL fans will still watch the CFL...

Tags
cfl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in