DAZN Canada - Page 21 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #301 of 322 (permalink) Old 2019-08-18, 01:56 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonR View Post
You can watch Premier League on demand in their entirety for 7 days. Highlights (3 -5 min) are available even longer, I believe. You can pause, stop, rewind and fast forward these games.
I can do that with my Roku for DAZN. Even for live games (turn on after an hour, and rewind back 5 minutes or to the beginning).

That was my fear as well. Shame that OneSoccer doesn't work that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 322 (permalink) Old 2019-08-18, 03:50 PM

I can do it too (pause, rewind...) for anything on DAZN, on any platform I use (Fire Stick, Chromecast, or a Web Browser). Live or replay, it doesn't matter. The problem is with beIN Sports feed, where you can do absolutely nothing. And unfortunately La Liga and Ligue 1 are now only on beIN Sports live feed. Last year, both Spanish and French leagues were covered by DAZN (not beIN only), and all these controls were available. That's the problem I was talking about.
post #303 of 322 (permalink) Old 2019-08-18, 04:21 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonR View Post
I can do it too (pause, rewind...) for anything on DAZN, on any platform I use (Fire Stick, Chromecast, or a Web Browser). Live or replay, it doesn't matter. The problem is with beIN Sports feed, where you can do absolutely nothing.
The original poster was asking about Roku and a Premier League game.

Yeah, it doesn't work on the beIN channel - I'm always a pit perplexed on how DAZN is including it, given my DAZN subscription is less than my old Cable beIN subscription used to be, and has so much more.

As far as I know beIN no longer carries any English or Canadian soccer games.

post #304 of 322 (permalink) Old 2019-08-18, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
...my DAZN subscription is less than my old Cable beIN subscription used to be, and has so much more.
Very true! That alone makes DAZN, especially on annual subscription, a pretty good value. Just wish there was a way of controlling beIN live stream in the same manner as for the rest of DAZN.
post #305 of 322 (permalink) Old 2019-08-19, 09:53 AM

DAZN had added the FIBA basketball world cup to there schedule.
liverpool likes this.
post #306 of 322 (permalink) Old 2019-08-20, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

As of this morning, I can't find BEIN Sports live channel. DAZN removed La Liga and Ligue 1 from their text contents (logos were remove couple of weeks ago).
post #307 of 322 (permalink) Old 2019-08-20, 08:58 AM

Yes. BeIN has won LaLiga rights and it appears there is no agreement to stream the games or the BeIN live feed on DAZN. Bummer.
post #308 of 322 (permalink) Old 2019-08-21, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

It's official according to DAZN Twitter account that there will be no BEIN live, La Liga or Ligue 1 this season.

I dono if this is a step down from last year or just focusing on more popular leagues like PL.
post #309 of 322 (permalink) Old 2019-08-21, 01:41 PM

Its a big loss of content, lost access to several major leagues, cups, tourneys, South American international games etc. I don't think it was in their plan to lose it considering they were still advertising it late into the summer on their site and putting it in press releases.
post #310 of 322 (permalink) Old 2019-08-21, 03:40 PM

All I can say is that now I really regret going for annual subscription. Out of 4 European soccer leagues, 2 are gone...not good at all. I am not saying DAZN is to blame, all I am saying is that I wouldn't have subscribed, if I knew this was coming. I will cancel my subscription right now, so I don't forget to do it when the year expires.
post #311 of 322 (permalink) Old 2019-08-22, 08:13 AM

Just contact them and tell them you want to cancel it now for a refund seeing as what they promised wasn't delivered. Then just sign-up again for the monthly plan.
post #312 of 322 (permalink) Old 2019-08-22, 08:25 AM
PFD

I'm not sure the story behind this, but I can't blame BeIn for this. It made no sense for BeIn to share their broadcast with DAZN. As it was no one would subscribe to BeIn. NOw there's reason to do it again.
post #313 of 322 (permalink) Old 2019-08-22, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

But BEIN sports online for cord cutters is just expensive for 2 leagues with no play back. I saw many people switched to DAZN from BEIN in GTA because of Serie A even when BEIN had the rights. I am not sure how popular La Liga is in Canada but can't imagine being bigger than PL or Serie A.
post #314 of 322 (permalink) Old 2019-08-24, 08:52 AM

If anything this is going to hurt beIN more than DAZN.

Sure, DAZN might lose some subscribers for the handful of people who only care about La Liga (and I doubt anyone cares that much about Ligue 1), but I'd guess a majority of people were happy to watch a game or two of La Liga every week via DAZN, but they aren't going to go and subscribe to beIN for twice the price.
nfitz and ottvee like this.
post #315 of 322 (permalink) Old 2019-09-04, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

BEIN SPORTS CONNECT Canada just reduced their monthly online subscription from $19.99 to $14.95 per month.
Annual subscription to $164.95 which is only $1.20 saving per month.

It makes me think that maybe DAZN is one who pulled the plug on their deal. Perhaps PL cost was too high.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in