DAZN Canada - Page 18 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #256 of 307 (permalink) Old 2019-07-12, 09:31 AM

@PFD - most of the guys on TSN that do some of the less popular sports have lots of gigs. Jason Portuondo is an example I see from horse racing - he covers Canadian horse racing on both TSN and Sportsnet, and also has part-time gigs at CHCH in Hamilton covering sports and general interest stories.

I think Jason busts his butt - and hopefully his hard work pays off with a full time job in the industry one day. There are several other women and men I see occasionally on TSN, SN, and even CBC that bounce around from channel to channel, sport to sport, and maintain a career.

A lot of these reporters also get gigs for events like the Olympics - they may not be experts, but can talk and present well on TV for other sports on a temporary basis. I also hear them on various sports radio stations (sometimes American and British shows) - I am not sure if they get paid for these appearances or not - but they provide professional commentary and each time someone hears them may be an opportunity for career advancement.

TV sports is a tough business - but those who work hard, present well, and have knowledge stick around through the years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #257 of 307 (permalink) Old 2019-07-12, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFD View Post
Wonder what' s gonna happen to the TSN guys?
Luke Wileman is a pretty good play by play guy, and KJ is probably the best analyst in North America. Right now they have MLS (or at least TFC and Vancouver games). But surely that's not enough to keep them gainfully employed?
Nothing will happen to them. They have plenty of MLS coverage to keep them busy plus all FIFA tournaments and Euro. Wileman also does other sports occasionally such as rugby.
post #258 of 307 (permalink) Old 2019-07-19, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

DAZN announced yesterday about sub-licensing German Football (Bundesliga) from EuroSport in Germany & Austria. DAZN will be streaming live EuroSports 1 and 2 in Germany, Austria, Italy and Spain. I wonder if same deal can happen with Sportnet World?

post #259 of 307 (permalink) Old 2019-07-20, 02:03 PM

It could but I doubt it would happen. Bundesliga is probably the only thing keeping SN World afloat right now seeing as they have minimal other programming.
post #260 of 307 (permalink) Old 2019-07-28, 11:11 AM

Less than two weeks before the start of the EPL season and zero word from DAZN on what to expect from them for studio and pre-packaged programming.
post #261 of 307 (permalink) Old 2019-07-30, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Someone on twitter asked "DAZN Help Canada" about pre/post match analysis for PL and they replied "Yes we will. Make sure to stay tuned!"
post #262 of 307 (permalink) Old 2019-07-30, 04:56 PM

I was wondering about subscribing to dan. I just have a few questions for you guys.

I've ready plenty of complaints about NFL streaming over the past couple of years. are these complains valid. The company says that this problem is persisting for a small part of their subscribers. Whenever I go to the review sections in the app store it either has 5 stars or 1 star. Seems like people are very happy or very dissatisfied.

Are these problems just for the NFL, or are people experiencing the same problems for other sports like EPL, Champions league, MLS, etc.?

Can i subscribe and pay for it using google play as an in app purchase? I read that you can pay for it as an app purchase on an apple in app payment, but i've read noting about google/android in app payment.
post #263 of 307 (permalink) Old 2019-07-30, 05:16 PM

for dazn if you have a Samsung or lg tv you can download the app on your tv.you can go to dazn Canada web site and pay there for the service.the streaming on tv seams to be the best quality for there service .
post #264 of 307 (permalink) Old 2019-07-31, 06:05 AM

I never had any issues streaming NFL from DAZN. That said I use Nvidia Shields on 2 different TV's and they are hard wired to the network.
post #265 of 307 (permalink) Old 2019-07-31, 07:40 AM
Rookie

With $150 a year, i think Dazn is a good deal as i get all the CL + PL + EL + Serie A + La Liga + MLB Network are all things that are important to me.
post #266 of 307 (permalink) Old 2019-07-31, 09:27 AM

I'm signing up for the NFL season this year - $20 a month (plus a free month) and I can cancel after the season - plus over the next few weeks they have EVERY pre-season game on.

For August through December, will only cost me $80 + HST - also looking forward to having MLB network during the playoffs.

DAZN has worked well for me in the past - I use a Windows 10 computer to stream it to my TV - only had a few issues that may be my own fault (too many devices using the same internet connection at once, or running other programs on my computer).
post #267 of 307 (permalink) Old 2019-07-31, 07:55 PM

anyone use chromecast for dazn? the website does say that it is compatible.

anyone still know if you can pay the subscription fee using your google play account?

just read on the website that it does support google play and chromecast, sorry for time wasting.

Just want to know if anyone here has actually used chromecast to watch?
post #268 of 307 (permalink) Old 2019-08-01, 01:37 PM
Veteran

I wish DAZN would add Big Ten Network to their lineup. That would give me access to a few extra games without the Super Sports Pak on Rogers. I stopped subbing to the Super Sports Pack because Rogers only offers the BTN games and ESPN games. Anything that is on FS1, Canada is SOL.
post #269 of 307 (permalink) Old 2019-08-06, 05:45 PM

Really hoping the picture and sound quality for the upcoming Premier League kick off is better than what was shown for the Championship games this weekend.

Having the audio put out as stereo and a stream quality that makes Sportsnet and TSN look excellent quality is very disappointing.

I'm using the DAZN app on my new Sony X900F (all processing is turned off as it just gets in the way) and hard wired through Telus 150/150. Although the Sony app was way, way better than the poor showing trying to watch DAZN on a PS4.

Maybe a 65" TV is too big a screen for DAZN?

SONY XBR65X900F | MARANTZ NR-1605 | SONY PS4 | OPTIK 4K | www.torontotoffees.com
post #270 of 307 (permalink) Old 2019-08-07, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontoblue View Post

Maybe a 65" TV is too big a screen for DAZN?
It all depends on how close you are from the screen - and how good your eyesight is.

I'm sitting 9ft from my 46" TV and I can't tell the difference between DAZN and cable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in