Teksavvy deals for new customers - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-07-17, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Teksavvy deals for new customers

Teksavvy internet has some amazing offers for new subscribers.

https://teksavvy.com/

Plus $0 for modem, $0 for shipping, $0 for activation.

Delhi SFA 1483, Antennacraft Suburban VHF, CM7778
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-07-26, 07:51 PM

teksavvy used to be a really good company, now it's becoming more like bell/rogers.

jack up the price, rolling in forced modem rental, activation and dry loop fees - offer promotions to get people in.

I have a grand-fathered $25ish per month 6M package, now the minimum for dsl is $35.

I prefer up front pricing and the choice to buy my own modem.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-07-26, 11:31 PM
Veteran

TSI has always had activation and dry loop fees. They were waved under some circumstances. TSI still supports a range of customer owned modems, though I would be tempted to go with the free Hitron CGN3 since it is supported by Rogers. Prices have gone up largely due to increased wholesale prices.

I was with TSI a long time ago when they just did DSL. TSI went downhill in a catastrophic way when they decided to support cable internet about 7-8 (?) years ago. They took on too many customers and hired too many new employees. Some of the things the poorly trained new employees did were unethical and illegal. The technical problems with cable internet were rife. That's when I left. It was so bad that the original owner and CEO stepped down.

I was one of their early DSL customers (back when the DSL maxed out at 1.5Mbps with a 10-20GB cap) and I had their telephone as well. When I signed up there were just 3 people in the office. They were a front line CSR, a support guy named Steve and the owner. The owner often answered the phone.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-07-27, 08:30 AM
Veteran

TekSavvy doesn’t charge loop fees anymore and customers can use their own modem. I know a lot of people that have TekSavvy internet and are very happy with the service.
Personally I think that TekSavvy is the best third party internet service provider out of what we have available.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-07-27, 05:51 PM

Quote:
TSI has always had activation and dry loop fees. They were waved under some circumstances. TSI still supports a range of customer owned modems, though I would be tempted to go with the free Hitron CGN3 since it is supported by Rogers. Prices have gone up largely due to increased wholesale prices.
They used to be transparent about the fees, now they're all rolled into the monthly rate.

They used to always have the modem as an extra you have the option to rent to own now, now they offer it for "free" -> nothing is really free, so it's code speak for forcing you to pay to rent their modem whether you want to use your own or not.

They now don't offer traditions pots service so new customers must pay dryloop fee, included in the rate.

I can't recommend teksavvy any more. The promotions are terrible, pay a reduced price for a few months then they jack it up. I would rather have one low price to begin with and no marketing gimmicks.

The only decent package they have now is for 5Mb cable internet - $25 a month.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-07-27, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_ View Post
I can't recommend teksavvy any more. The promotions are terrible, pay a reduced price for a few months then they jack it up. I would rather have one low price to begin with and no marketing gimmicks.
Good luck with that. If you check the big players pricing structure, you will discover they do the same. Reduced price for a period of time and then it goes up. At least Teksavvy indicates that very clearly in their offers, whereas the others annotate it and you have to read the fine print to learn how much the increase will be.

I like the fact that when entertainment companies south of the border bully end users with copyright lawsuits, Teksavvy doesn't roll over and play dead like the other players.

Delhi SFA 1483, Antennacraft Suburban VHF, CM7778
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-07-27, 09:07 PM

Companies get worse the more popular they get.

isp's are good when they're relatively small.

there are other providers out there.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-07-27, 10:00 PM
Veteran

I'd have to agree that there is not much reason to go with TSI over Rogers these days. The internet rates are comparable and TSI phone is just another 'me too' VoIP service. Rogers gave me a better price for internet than I was paying TSI and they guaranteed that price for several years. (I've since upgraded the plan for other reasons.) All the technical, support and other problems I had with TSI were gone and I haven't been tempted to go back. While I was with TSI, the internet and customer service got worse year after year. Rogers internet and service keeps getting better every year. (Can't say the same about their TV.) Anyone looking for cable internet needs to compare Rogers pricing with the competition. After the current TSI "sale" ends, there won't be a big difference.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in