Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - Max and High Speed Extreme - Seems to be Possible Now, wasn't a year or 2 ago
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2013-02-05, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
urbanracer34

Thumbs up Max and High Speed Extreme - Seems to be Possible Now, wasn't a year or 2 ago

A year or 2 back We had made an Inquiry about bumping up to High Speed Extreme from High Speed Plus. Problem was that we have Max. They told us that we would need a new line and instead of costing us $10 more a month for a simple speed bump, it would cost $60+ more a month and a whole lot of trouble.

I needed the new speed already (I Game Online and Torrent all the time, so speed is crucial, and my Mom and Dad agreed to the speed bump), so we inquired again today. We're still not on infiNET in our part of town, so we're stuck on Copper DSL.

They asked what modem we have (A 2WIRE 3800HGV-B), we told them, and then they said that they could do it, but they would have to come out and do something to the modem.
I believe they said something like "to do this kind of setup, this particular firmware build was built separately from the rest"

They're coming on Saturday. I'll update you guys when it's done and I've done speed and ping tests.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome