Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Recording shows with Cisco 8642hd PVR

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  EnderWiggin 
#1 ·
I finally gave up with trying to get Fibe TV without Bell's internet and rented a Cisco 8642hd PVR from Videotron.

Much nicer overall than my old 8300, but I haven't had too much time to play with it yet.

I get a discrepancy with the recording options when I pick a show to record. Some allow me to record every episode, while others only give the option to repeat the recording at that specific time

Is there a reason for this?

#3 ·
There should be no significant difference in PQ, however, the settings in one of the STBs may be different - for example sending 1080i instead of say 720P or 480i for SD channels, etc.

Also, they may have connected to a different input on the TV and that input may have been calibrated (or not calibrated) differently. It is possible that there may have been something wrong with the 8300HD, or a setting on it.

It's also possible that a reboot would have corrected picture issues, as discussed in the following post:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1466208#post1466208

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.