Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaw Direct 2012 programming packages and pricing discussion

75K views 135 replies 58 participants last post by  ExDilbert 
#1 ·
#120 ·
Is Shawdirect available in central Florida?

I am a snowbird from Ontario. I will be arriving in Leesburg, Florida in about a month. I am a Shawdirect customer and I will be bringing a 75 cm dish and a HD600 receiver with me to set up in Leesburg.
I was looking for some information from a dish installer located in Wildwood, Florida and I was told "Unfortunately Shawdirect recently changed their satellite coverage footprint and it is no longer possible to pick them up in central Florida".
Is this true? If there is anyone in the Leesburg, The Villages, Ocala area who knows anything about Shawdirect please let me know.

#122 ·
Fla Reception

Last year I took my 60 CM dish to St Petes Beach and was able to get both Sats. The signal strength on my 630 was in the 50's for the HD channels but I was able to get good reception except when we had a heavy rain which was not that often.
TyHe

#123 ·
So, has anyone checked out the latest Programming Brochure?

http://shawdirect.ca/english/programming_guide_east.asp

Looks like all of the Local Nets have been moved into a "Timeshifting" package - without which you'll just get your local affiliates (and the Toronto HD versions, it looks like). And this package is how you get the opposite coast's American networks.

So, that's...interesting.

#127 ·
Does any one know if Digital Lite (the cheapest package $29.85/mo) is still available?? There is no link to the the channel line-up on the website, however if you are a customer with a self-serve account and go in through the programming link there is a link for the channel listing. Also, if you google "digtial lite shaw direct", the channels come up? Does this mean it is only available to current customers who want to downgrade? Or has it been removed??

#129 ·
Digital Favourites 29.99$ for 3 months...

Shawdirect now has a promotion that gets you digital favourites at 29.99$ for 3 months and the movie network have a 50% off promotion too.

So for the ones who dont have the indulgence packages this could be a option for three months. Not good for me but might be good for others.

They also have a promotion to get a free PVR on a 3 year contract? Since when did Shawdirect have contracts?

Anyways just to let you guys know, have a look at the main shawdirect webpage for the current promotions mentionned above...

#130 ·
doesn't look like that promotion for 29.99 is available for current customers

*Available to new and qualified former residential customers for a limited time only. Former customers must not have been subscribed to Shaw Direct within the past 180 days to be eligible. *Regular price of Digital Favourites is $62.61 after three month promotional period. Regular prices are subject to change. Channel count varies by market. An included fee of 1% of your monthly satellite TV charges applies to fund Shaw Direct’s contribution to the CRTC’s Local Programming Improvement Fund. See shawdirect.ca/lpif. Taxes extra. Offer subject to change without notice.

#132 ·
TMN encore / Encore avenue HD

Can someone explain pricing for these please..

I have Shaw Direct classic east - I realize the TMN Encore SD 2-Pak has one price, but does the Encore Avenue HD (channel 273) come included as well, or is it a separate charge? If it's separate, there's no price listed on the Shaw Premiums lineup page beside the channels logo ...Any idea?

or...if I am in the East, is Encore Avenue HD unavailable to me?

Also, is Encore Avenue HD mpeg4, i.e. will it only come in on 6XX series receivers?

Are the channels related, or do they just share the 'Encore' name...
thanks

#136 ·
There will be a large number of new Canadian network stations added. As for DI, I suspect that most (aka non-mandatory) new channels will cost extra. I also suspect that SD will revamp it's packages and increase prices. That means that older plans will no longer be available, except to existing subscribers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.