Panasonic Smart TV OK Button Not Working on YouTube App Only - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2018-09-12, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Panasonic Smart TV OK Button Not Working on YouTube App Only

I'm facing this problem since yesterday.

I have a Panasonic Smart TV, but now, when I press the OK button to start playback on a video, the video won't play.

There's nothing wrong with the remote nor with the OK button itself, because:

In the Youtube app, I can move around with arrows
In Netflix or Tunein or other apps in the tv, the OK button will work fine and start playback.

It is only on the Youtube app, that the OK button won't work, if in Youtube I go to search (for a video) I can move the cursor from letter to letter I select a letter to enter so I press the OK button, but it won't enter the letter.

I hava a Phillips Smart tv, and nothing is wrong with the Youtube app, it will play videos. fine.

Is anybody with a Panasonic Smart TV, facing this same problem of videos not playing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2018-09-12, 09:40 PM
Veteran

Try unplugging the TV for 15 sec and taking the batteries out of the remote for 15 sec. If not replaced recently, new batteries in the remote would be a good idea as well.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2018-09-13, 05:03 AM

Do you have a play/pause button on the remote? Try that.

Phil

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2018-09-14, 01:17 AM
Rookie

I have a Panasonic Plasma ST60 smart tv.
Youtube isn't working. It loads, freezes and goes black. The return button does nothing - I have to press the "apps" button and start over with the same results.

I bought a WDTV Live some years ago that has a youtube aoo. Google blocked it within a couplr of months apparently because they couldn't show ads on it. I think it came back in SD only so I didn't use it.

I have a DOD dashcam that uses Google maps to show the route on the PC player. Google changed the api so it no longer works. The DOD tech dept was away from his desk when I called them and they didn't answer my email. I won't be buying another product from them.

So I tried the Panasonic dlna app and watched Fleetwood Mack "Tusk" with the USC Tojans marching band that I had previously downloaded from youtube with the Firefox extension. It downloads big files in seconds and you can move on to the next and store them.

Then I checked the Panasonic's SD card and usb stick and they all worked fine.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2018-09-14, 09:53 AM

Can you delete the Youtube app and reload it. On other TV's I have seen the app become corrupt and reloading it from the TV's app manager fixed an issue.

LONSat
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2018-09-14, 10:05 AM
Veteran

The year the TV was made is important. Apps get updated frequently and protocols get updated occasionally. Smart TVs are not always updated automatically. A 2 or 3 year old TV with a vendor specific interface is likely to lose support and not get updates either. That means the apps will eventually stop working due to protocol changes. TVs that use Android, Chromecast or Roku for the smart interface are more likely to have long term support. Even with those, support for specific hardware or software versions will stop eventually.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in